Profile for Drusy > Reviews

Content by Drusy

Drusy (Worcestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
A Storm of Swords: Part 2 Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
A Storm of Swords: Part 2 Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessive reading!, 19 Nov. 2015
I cannot add anything to the many positive reviews of this series of books, other than to say, I was previously a hesitant occasional reader and now I am obsessed and find it difficult to put my Kindle down.

Bosch TDA5070GB Steam Iron, 3050 W - Black/Red
Bosch TDA5070GB Steam Iron, 3050 W - Black/Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Farewell not so old friend!, 19 Nov. 2015
I have to say that this was, and I repeat WAS a good if not excellent steam iron. It was purchased in March 2014 and served us well, it was both efficient and powerful, making easy work of the most stubborn creases in tumble-dried denim or linen. The problem has been the lack of longevity, as today alas the Bosch Steam Iron died! 4 months short of it's 2nd birthday. So I am a very disappointed, and have replaced it with a Phillips GC 4500, which I will review in due course.

Regards Drusy
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2015 9:45 AM GMT

26-38mm Rubber Coil Spring Aid Suspension Towing Assistors - Pair
26-38mm Rubber Coil Spring Aid Suspension Towing Assistors - Pair

5.0 out of 5 stars All in all a good purchase and I have no hesitation in recommending this ..., 31 Oct. 2015
As has been previously stated on other reviews, these are a struggle to fit, but with a bit of perseverance, hot water and Fairy liquid, I managed to fit them. They immediately had the desired effect of raising the back of the car (Hyundai iX35) by about 2 to 3 inches. I have yet to couple up the caravan, but I am anticipating an improvement in the vehicle height, when this is done. All in all a good purchase and I have no hesitation in recommending this product!

Bosmere B370 Stacking/ Reclining Chair Cover
Bosmere B370 Stacking/ Reclining Chair Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate outside chair cover., 10 Feb. 2014
We went for the more expensive rubberised material, table and chair covers, but found that 3 chairs were left uncovered, I baulked at the thought of paying for a further top of the range chair cover, so went for the next best thing, which was this one. It is made of that cheap plasticky tarpaulin material, but having said that it is much more robust than similar products I have purchased made from the same material. But only time will tell, I would hope to get a couple of years use out of it, we shall see!

regards Drusy

4x 700TVL CCTV System Complete kit CMOS Outdoor Cameras 4 Ch DVR Hard Drive 2000GB 2TB HDD WD1 960H DVR

4.0 out of 5 stars Some times happy sometimes sad!, 10 Feb. 2014
This is the 2nd CCTV kit I have purchased and as it transpires from the same company. This was 25% cheaper, had twice the memory on the hard drive, but the cameras, are a fixed focal lens and the DVD is smaller and feels less robust than the 1st one I purchased. I fitted this to a friends house, he is in his 70's and not technically minded, so he was happy for me to connect it to a monitor in his garage and have a link to his TV in the lounge, so no connection to the internet. He is very happy with the system. Have not yet had to copy anything from the hard drive yet.
Regards Drusy
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 9:42 AM GMT

Oxford Take Off in Italian (Paperback with CDs)
Oxford Take Off in Italian (Paperback with CDs)
by Oxford University Press
Edition: CD-ROM

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't quite take off!, 10 Feb. 2014
Bought this as a present for the wife, as we are doing a road trip this year to Italy. She didn't like it as it is completely audio, she prefers interactive video, so it will sit on the shelf until I decide to have a go. I suppose that this poor review reflects more on me than on the item.
Regards Drusy

SUNLUXY® 30M 100FT CCTV Camera DVR Video Power Security Surveillance BNC RCA Connector Cable
Offered by UC.Kimso

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain that works well., 10 Feb. 2014
Looked flimsy compared to the supplied cables with the CCTV system, but worked fine. Would recommend without hesitation.

sourcingmap White Plastic Right Angle Bracket Wall Mount Shelf for Dome Camera
sourcingmap White Plastic Right Angle Bracket Wall Mount Shelf for Dome Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Quarter of the price than elsewhere., 10 Feb. 2014
Very good brackets for CCTV outdoor dome cameras. Despite the 4 week advertised delivery time they were with me under a week and from Hong kong, which isn't at all bad.
The back unclips and you use this as a template, the back then is screwed back onto the bracket and you then hang the bracket on the protruding screws. I mention this as it took a bit of figuring out.

Sony MDRNC7B Noise Cancelling Headphones
Sony MDRNC7B Noise Cancelling Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Allright going not so good coming back!, 10 Feb. 2014
On the flight out on my holiday, the headphones worked well, reducing that all too familiar constant aircraft noise, by 20% or so. You know that this background aircraft noise is no good for you, when you have to turn up the volume of your music player to dangerous levels simply to hear your music. The design and engineering of the headphones is good, the way they fold away. The only problem is that the switch, is vulnerable and must have got knocked as on the return leg of the journey, I found that they had inadvertently been switched on and were completely dead. They did work as normal headphones without power, though!

Would recommend but keep an eye on the switch!

Calypso by Festina sporting Watch Analog 10ATM K6063/3
Calypso by Festina sporting Watch Analog 10ATM K6063/3
Offered by IMPPAC - Silver Jewellery

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit on the cheap side, 2 Feb. 2014
Having had two timex watches that have fallen to pieces within days of buying them, I bought this on Fuereventura. I bought it because it has a backlight which is a feature that I particularly wanted. I have swum with it and although it looks cheap it is actually quite robust. No problems so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4