Profile for Esme W > Reviews

Cake Pops: Holiday
by Bakerella
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 4 Nov. 2012
This is a wonderful book full of cake pop ideas - mainly for Christmas. I have both cake pop books by Bakerella and they are both easy to follow and full of ideas.

The pictures used are very clear and the style of writing is clear and easy to follow. This is an American book, so all the recipes use U.S. measurements and ask for things that are not widely available over here. However, I bought this book for ideas and it is simply full of them. It has even inspired me to make my first batch of cake pops today and although they are not as profesional as Bakerella's, they aren't too shabby and as the saying goes 'practice makes perfect'!

HELIX L12080 L12 12inch/30CM FINGERGRIP RULER-Technical Drawing Equipment
HELIX L12080 L12 12inch/30CM FINGERGRIP RULER-Technical Drawing Equipment
Offered by Grosvenor House Papers Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a ruler!, 4 Nov. 2012
I bought this for my son for school as he wanted one that had a fingergrip. This was just the job for him and he is really pleased with it. What lets this product down is the poor quality image that the seller has put up.
Comment Comment | Permalink

frameless frame clip 12 x 17,75 ins normal glass
frameless frame clip 12 x 17,75 ins normal glass
Offered by neumannshopuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 11 Oct. 2012
This is a well made clip frame which includes brackets on the back for hanging purposes. It arrived extemely well packaged in lots of bubble wrap and a box a lot larger than I thought! Very happy with my purchase.

The Diary of a Submissive: A True Story
The Diary of a Submissive: A True Story
by Sophie Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Oct. 2012
This is a great read - I didn't want to put it down but I couldn't finish reading it in a day. I had just read '50 Shades of Grey' and found that boring beyond belief and badly written to the point that I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

Then, when I came to write a review of that book, amazon recomended Sophie Morgan's book. Well, I got to say I loved this one! The author takes you from her teenage years up to the present in a very open and honest way. It is well written but not for the faint-hearted. Sophie explains why she likes this lifestyle and that it is definitely 'her choice'. It is very dark in places and when she describes buying a paddle with the word 'slut' written backwards on it for her sexual partner at the time so he could effectively 'brand' her with it is definitely not for everyone, as is the threesome mentioned.

If you thought '50 Shades of Grey' was a bit twee (I couldn't get past book one - I thought it was that bad) then this book is for you!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E. L. James

1.0 out of 5 stars Twaddle, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I've got to say I only bought this because I was wondering what all the fuss was about and quite frankly, I still am! Firstly, it is badly written with poor grammar in places which, for a published book I found surprising. Secondly, the plot was unbelievable and weak. It seams that the author had not put much effort into researching the psychology of people who get up to the things mentioned in the book. As for the sex which is mentioned, on the whole it is quite ordinary and nothing to shout about.

I have given this one star as some things mentioned did make me laugh out loud, although I'm sure that wasn't the intention of the author! I will not waste any more of my time or money on the other two books in this trilogy. In fact, I'm rather ashamed to have the first one one my bookshelf - it may have to find itself on it's way to a charity shop!

The Complete Body Massage Course
The Complete Body Massage Course
by Nicola Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 July 2012
This is a very good book for anyone who is interested in this subject. It has easy to follow step-by-step guides to a number of massage techniques with clear, colour photographs. It is aimed at the beginner rather than anyone who has advanced knowledge of the subject but also has a handy list in the back of associations that can provide more information/training.

THe main areas covered by this book are Swedish, face and scalp, reflexology, shiatsu, Indian head, on-site/seated, Tui Na, Thai, partner, infant and pregnancy massage. Self, acupressure, ayurvedic, lymphatic drainage and sports are also covered but only demonstrated to perform on yourself. There is a section on aromatherapy as well as a brief description on other types of massage. These are: Lomi Iomi, polarity therapy, Bowen technique, Feldenkrais, Rolfing, craniosacral therapy and reiki.

Bosch TAS6515GB Tassimo beverage maker titanium
Bosch TAS6515GB Tassimo beverage maker titanium

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 July 2012
I bought this item to replace a coffee percolator that had given me fifteen years of service before the washable filter broke and I couldn't replace it.

After a lot of research via the internet, I decided to buy the Tassimo T65 and I don't regret it! It is very easy to use - simply fill the water tank up at the back (which does lift out), wait for the water to go through (very quickly) and away you go. You could just lift off the lid of the the water tank and use a jug to fill it up. There is a LCD display to guide you through each step of the process and it even lights your cup up for you! It is also very easy to clean. A quick push up from below releases the nozzle which you rinse under the tap, dry and replace. There is a wide variety of drinks for this machine and you can use the cups/mugs you already have as the drip tray that is provided can be altered so it can take all sorts of containers. There is a little spashing when the machine is in use but, if you follow the instructions on using the drip tray correctly, you should have no problems.

The machine does come with a £20 voucher to spend in the tassimo online shop and P&P is free on your order if it is £35 or over. I chose lots of different ones to try as some of them you can only get from that website and delivery from them was extrememly fast.

You can get a range of T-disks from amazon as well as the decalcifying tablets and the brita MAXTRA filters it uses. I've had mine now for just over a month and I'm really pleased with it.

NEW GOTH PUNK ROCKER BLACK STUDDED CHOKER FANCY DRESS
NEW GOTH PUNK ROCKER BLACK STUDDED CHOKER FANCY DRESS
Offered by Real Sailer

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun!, 2 July 2012
I bought this to go with a costume for myself(adult). It doesn't have the look of an expensive item but, then again, it isn't although I wouldn't describe it as a toy. The choker fits nicely around my neck and isn't too tight. For the money I paid for this item, I'm very happy with it.

Long magic Fingerless Gloves - Red & Black Stripe - one size
Long magic Fingerless Gloves - Red & Black Stripe - one size

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloves!, 2 July 2012
I love these gloves as they are very comfortable to wear and the coloura are nice and bright! I bought these to go with some black and red stripey socks and I think they look fantastic!

Clockwork Angels
Clockwork Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Clockwork Angels (Audio CD)
I love this - I think it's the best Rush album for about 30 years! I'm not so keen on the first track - Caravan, but the others are amazing!

The magazine that comes with this is very interesting as it contains many interviews, not only with band members but also the people who have produced albums with them over the years as well as the guy who does the artwork. I found it a very informative piece of literature and I'm sure I will re-read it in the future. You also get a nice, two-sided poster and a keyring.

All-in-all, I'm really pleased with this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6