Profile for Tel. > Reviews

Content by Tel.

Tel.

iiyama T2252MTS-3 22" 1920 x 1080pixels Black touch screen monitor - touch screen monitors (55.9 cm (22"), 2 ms, 220 cd/m², 1000:1, 1920 x 1080 pixels, LED)

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to reinstalling USB lead everytime for Touch Screen to work!, 16 Mar. 2016
I've had this monitor for a couple of weeks and now feel ready to write my opinions of it.

As a monitor, this works absolutely fine, good quality display, colours seem vibrant and the screen is clear.

Thing is, I purchased this monitor for the touchscreen facilities to use with my Windows 7 PC. When I first installed it, windows detected the input touch screen absolutely no problem whatsoever and the touchscreen worked well.
The problems came when I switched off and restarted my PC, the touchscreen facility just would not work. Having searched the internet for drivers or software (none are available), I took the USB cable out of the PC and then plugged it back in again. Success, touch facilities all working again until, that is, I once again switched my PC off and then back on again. Turns out I have to unplug and then plug the usb cable in every time my PC had been switched off to use the touchscreen facility.

So, to make sure it wasn't the USB cable, I then swapped the cable for a couple of others I had lying around, again same problem. I am in the fortunate position to have a couple of other PC's, so I plugged it into those as well and sadly the same result. So yes, the touchscreen does work but having to unplug and then plug USB every time I switch on my PC to get it to work isn't for me.

To sum up, as a standard monitor, it's very good, as a touchscreen monitor, it's simply not fit for purpose. Now being returned to Amazon for a full refund and my search for a touch screen monitor goes on.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2016 12:17 AM BST

NETGEAR DGN2200-100UKS N300 Wi-Fi DSL Modem Router
NETGEAR DGN2200-100UKS N300 Wi-Fi DSL Modem Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with the old BT ADSL up to 8Mbs phone lines., 9 July 2014
I've been using this Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router (ADSL - BT) for about 2 months now and it has been absolutely rock solid.

After my old router gave up the ghost in April I was in a quandary as to which ADSL router to buy, as I'm still on an old fashioned BT exchange (Up to 8Mb only), no ADSL 2 or fibre here. Anyway, I took a gamble and purchased this one and like I've already said, it's been rock solid.

I have over 10 wi-fi devices in the house and not once has this curled up and frozen, forcing a power reset to get it working again, unlike my old router.

At around 1.75 miles from the exchange I also get a stable full line speed (8128 Kbs) connection from this router, unlike my old router which would re-sync ever few days and that never give me the maximum line speed.

Overall, this is an excellent router which I can recommend to anyone still stuck on the old fashioned ADSL BT lines (up to 8Mbps).

5V 2100MA 10W Universal 4 Port Universal USB Car Charger BC21B
5V 2100MA 10W Universal 4 Port Universal USB Car Charger BC21B
Offered by XCSOURCE

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps popping out of the 12v car socket, 9 July 2014
Sadly this item just doesn't work with a Peugeot 208, it was clearly designed with a different vehicle in mind.

This USB charger keeps popping out of the 12v charger socket, not enough to fall out so you notice but enough to stop the charging of the devices. Very annoying if you're on a long journey to find at the end of the journey your phone/device has failed to charge.

Overall, I do not recommend this device.

British Hit Parade 1960 Part 1 (4CD)
British Hit Parade 1960 Part 1 (4CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars It's CD-R's and not a factory pressed CD, 14 April 2013
Having received this CD the other week, I found them to be the 'green' type consumer CD-R's, the exact same type that you can buy from Amazon and elsewhere to make your own audio/data CD's. When I purchase a product like this, I expect them to be of professional quality factory pressed silver CD's.

To make matters worse disc 2 wouldn't even play, so I asked for a replacement, this arrived yesterday and lo and behold, disc 2, yet again would not play in any of my CD players.

If you're after the 1960 British Hit Parade, I would highly recommend you purchase the one made by Fantastic Voyage, theirs are professional factory pressed 'silver' CD's that will play in any CD player.

This CD is going to be returned for a full refund.

Awful Quality.. Avoid!!!

Samsung B2100 Solid Extreme Sim Free Mobile Phone
Samsung B2100 Solid Extreme Sim Free Mobile Phone

1.0 out of 5 stars No UK Plug, 21 Nov. 2012
UK shoppers BEWARE!!
This phone isn't supplied with a UK 3 pin plug charger, only the European 2 pin charger is included.

HP p6-2020uk G620 Desktop PC (Intel Pentium G620, 2.6 GHz Processor, RAM 4GB DDR3, HDD 1.5TB, Intel HD Graphics 1.69 GB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home 64 Bit)

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in less than a week, 29 Feb. 2012
As per usual, this product was delivered in a fast and efficient manor that Amazon seem to be very well known for. Sadly the same cannot be said about the product itself.

On the 2nd day of use this PC started throwing up error messages all over the place. At start up claiming not to have a found hard drive, then when it did boot the hard drive, further error messages appeared on the windows desktop start up screen.

This happened intermittently each day until today, the 6th day of use, when the hard drive failed completely. The computer just stopped responding and after a restart the dreaded message "Boot drive could not be found or hard drive has failed" appeared.

As I've noticed another reviewer has had the same problems, this PC is now being sent back to Amazon for a full refund.