Profile for Kristin > Reviews

Content by Kristin
Top Reviewer Ranking: 918

Kristin "I read so I don't kill people!" (Wiltshire)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IMAK Smart Thumb Flexible Stabilizer Glove
IMAK Smart Thumb Flexible Stabilizer Glove
Offered by PC Valet Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my hand going on arthritic thumb days, 17 April 2017
I have arthritis, tendon, and nerve pain! My thumb is usually the first to give way when I've been doing too much craft work to keep myself amused. This supports my thumb while I do other things if I've overdone it, or just let my hand get too cold. I love the gentle support as opposed to immobilisation, so I can do more things, but get a reminder of any potentially painful things before they happen. Being cotton is great, as I also get pain of my hands get too hot, so can't wear the usual neoprene gloves. I have quite a variety of imak gloves now, and find them all very useful in their own way, and reasonably durable too. Good value if you want to keep your hands active.

Pinzhi Wonder Clips, Paper Clips, Blinder Clips, Multi-purpose Clips (50pcs, Mixed Color)
Offered by highqualityforyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for holding thick things flat for sewing, 17 April 2017
I hand knit a lot, and love the small Ines for sewing, so got these to hold the thicker woollen pieces. Unlike pins they hold things flat, so are much better for easing in a sleeve etc. I also use them for patchwork, they easily hold a dozen or so paper pieced bits ready to sew together. These are good quality, and I like that they have a flat bit at the end, not raised bumps like the small ones so that you get an even tension over them.

Ankara Lace, 5 Yards, Multicoloured, 2017 Design
Ankara Lace, 5 Yards, Multicoloured, 2017 Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious fabric for making some very unique clothes, 2 April 2017
This fabric feels fabulous, and the colours are just as shown in the picture. Very happy with it, and looking forwards to wearing it as a maxi skirt, and maybe top if I can get enough left over. The lacy bit at the bottom is open weave, and the turquiose swirls are embroidered in a shimmery thread. It really has to be seen in real life.

Clover Quilt Needle Threader
Clover Quilt Needle Threader

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes it so much easier to thread very fine needles., 2 April 2017
Really works on the tiniest of needles, and makes it so much easier, especially when using adhesive thimble dots. The standard needle threaders do just about work, but this one just slides into the smallest eye. It really is designed well, with the shape supporting the fine wire. You slide the needle into a dip below it, then slide it up to the end to push it onto the wire and back past the central hole. You just then push the thread end through this hole, wire and device, and slide the needle off, then the thread follows it back off too. Just hope I dont lose it, as it is rather small and dark, and we have slate floors!

Clover Gold Eye Milliners Needles No. 3,5,7,9
Clover Gold Eye Milliners Needles No. 3,5,7,9

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you find quilting needles too tiny!, 2 April 2017
I got these to do english paper piecing patchwork, as the actual quilting needles are so tiny, my hands were getting numb trying to grip them! I saw someone had recommended these, and they are brilliant. They are the same diameters as the quilting needles, but just that bit longer, and so much easier to work with. Yes longer needles are a bit slower to work with, but Im not doing this for profit, just for own pleasure so not an issue for me. I also bought some adhesive grip it dots. These are small clear sticky pads you put on your fingers to help grip the needle. This has me helped well, but does make tying a knot at the end a bit harder! As for the actual needles, they are well made, smooth, and dont bend or break so far, so an excellent choice. I shall be sticking to these bigger needles from now on.

NEW Golden Retriever - Brown Dog Collar - Large & X-Large Size - Top Quality (Large 40cm - 50cm / 15.7 - 19.7 inches)
Offered by BIG RED EGG

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, good looking collar, 2 April 2017
Size as expected, fits well, looks good and feels very high quality. It is a tiny bit wider than expected, so we had to cut the middle bit with scissors to fit the tracker over that section of collar. However, he had broken two supposedly unbreakable, cut free collars in a matter of months, so decided it staying on was more important than the risk of someone removing it should they get close enough. Hes a very wary dog when it comes to strangers anyway! Fits well on a Field Spaniel - Setter or Pointer size head and neck.

6000+ Pullover Possibilities: Interchangeable Options for Custom Knitted Sweaters
by Melissa Leapman
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars How to design your own perfect basic jumper with very little effort and no maths!, 2 April 2017
A fabulous book for hand and machine knitters alike. The book is basically a look up resource with lots of tables by size and numbers of stitch per inch, so this isn't going to help you improve your knitting in any way! That said, if you just want some patterns for jumpers and cardigans that you can change to have whichever neck, sleeve, shape etc you like, then this is amazing value. The book is basically a pick n mix for jumpers. Choose the body shape, arm style, neck style... etc, then select your measurements and the stitches per inch of your yarn, and it then shows you how many to cast on and where to increase, decrease etc. It goes down to 7 stitches per inch which is the size for a standard guage knitting machine like the Brother 891, but isnt so good for anything finer like the passap, unless you are happy to continue the maths down a bit. Ot is ring bound, so stays open well while you read off and note which numbers are right for you. I will probably make a note of the whole thing in a notebook or on an app like knit pro, and then can tweak it the next time if I like with even less effort. I a, sure this will be extremely useful to eveyone who just wants that perfect pattern, or those wishing to design their own whether total beginners or advanced ones juat wanting less effort on the basic bits. Really certain this is going to be a very popular book.

[REYTID] AKG Y40 Y45BT Replacement Black Ear Pads Cushion Kit - 1 Pair Earpads
[REYTID] AKG Y40 Y45BT Replacement Black Ear Pads Cushion Kit - 1 Pair Earpads
Offered by Reytid Limted

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solution for fixing broken pads., 2 April 2017
I wanted some bluetooth headphones, and my husband had his lying round because he'd broken the pads and couldnt find new ones. Found these straight away after he said I could have them. They are slightly firmer than the originals, but not uncomfortably so, and have a hollow interior instead of a flat gauze on the top. This suits me perfectly as I have hearing aids so they sit inside. Lose one star for being an OK fit, but not perfect, you have to do a lot of adjusting to get the clips back on to them. That said they aren't going to fall off either, and were a great price for resurrecting the hadphones, so now I can happily listen to me books while the TV is on 😉

Steamcream Xmas Star Face Cream with Mini Tin
Steamcream Xmas Star Face Cream with Mini Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my whole family now from 16 to 79+, 1 April 2017
Fabulous little extra Christmas presents. I love steam cream, as its one of the few creams that doesnt irritate my very sensitive cream. Knowing my neice had the same problem, and that her mother being a pharmacist liked naturally good products, I bought them both one of these, and one for my fathers girlfriend for good measure. All three from 16 to 70+ love the cream, and have gone on to buy full size versions. Its so easily absorbed, and the smell is heavenly, but subtle so doesnt battle with any perfumes or leave you conscious of it for hours like some creams. If you have struggled to find a gentle but effective cream, this is a really cost effective way of giving steam cream a go. Or just do as I did and buy it for any female as a present and wait for the thanks! Being such an all rounder, it wont upset anyone like buying anti aging creams or lroblem skin crams might, but it still does the job admirably even for vegans or ethical evangelists!

Scunci Mini Met Salon Clips 3.5Cm 6Pk (3-Pack)
Scunci Mini Met Salon Clips 3.5Cm 6Pk (3-Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, but could be better quality, and are very small, 1 April 2017
These are fine clips for kids or if you have very fine hair, but they are very small, so make sure they will be sturdy enough and big enough to hold your haur before you buy them. I got two packs, and out of the two, a couple didnt close properly, but I only wanted something cheap to have as a desk drawer stand by, so was too bothered, but they arent the quality I normally expect of this brand. But for the price they are fine, and I wont worry about lost or broken ones!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20