Profile for busymum > Reviews

Content by busymum

busymum

Page: 1 | 2
Totally Tape (Klutz Chicken Socks)
Totally Tape (Klutz Chicken Socks)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Jan. 2009
I bought this for my daughters aged 3 and a half and 7 yrs. They loved the concept and really wanted to do it but both of them found the tape too difficult to tear. As an adult I found the tape extremely easy to tear but if children can't master the technique needed (pinch it between nails and tear downwards)then it just stretches and doesn't tear. It was not easy to cut with scissors either because it is sort of waxy and just mangles under the scissors. Both children lost interest because they were unable to complete the book independently. Shame.

The Super Scissors Book (Klutz Chicken Socks)
The Super Scissors Book (Klutz Chicken Socks)
by Klutz Press
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages!, 12 Jan. 2009
It is sometimes hard to find things that are challenging enough to amuse a 7yr old that are also easy enough for a 3yr old (and a half) to manage but this has done the trick. Both girls got it for Christmas and have really enjoyed the various cutting activities e.g colourful paper chains, making a dog and cat character, cutting and making a horse head to stick onto a wrapping paper tube to become a hobby horse.. This book is well thought out and is a good confidence builder for younger children who are good with scissors, good practice for those who are still learning and great fun for slightly older ones to take away and do on their own.

Daisy and the Trouble with Life (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Life (Daisy Fiction)
by Kes Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed immensely by a nearly 7yr old and her mum!, 8 Oct. 2008
I shunned this book a couple of months ago because it starts off talking about 'being grounded' and I didn't think my 6 and a half year old would understand, however I had a change of heart after reading reviews on here-and I'm really glad I did! It is definitely not pitched too high for a 6/7 year old and my daughter has really enjoyed the tales of Daisy's highs and lows. It has been a favourite at bedtime and also she has enjoyed reading it alone. The story is written in a diary style format from Daisy's point of view and it has many, many laughs along the way. Daisy is an endearing character and adults will sympathise with Daisy's mum! Highly recommended for 7 year olds. We will be giving it as presents to friends!

Mr Majeika
Mr Majeika
by Humphrey Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for 6 year olds, 29 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
It is sometimes difficult to find books that can both be read aloud to your child and also read (and understood) independently by the child. This book is great for that. It is humorous and imaginative (and pre dates Harry Potter!) and my 6 year old (a good reader) loved it. A good introduction to 'tucking up with a good book'.

You're a Bad Man, Mr. Gum!
You're a Bad Man, Mr. Gum!
by Andy Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars Shabba-tastic!, 22 Aug. 2008
There is marital disharmony in our house since these books first entered our lives. We argue over who is putting our daughter to bed because we BOTH want to read the next few chapters to her! Forget the kids! These books are great! 6 year old daughter also adores the books and thinks Andy Stanton is mad and funny. She has just re-read all the books to herself and can't wait for the next one. Her new party trick is reciting Polly's name in full. Read it, you'll understand. See Also:Mr Gum and the Biscuit Billionaire Mr. Gum and the Goblins Mr Gum and the Power Crystals

Galt Toys Paper Roll
Galt Toys Paper Roll
Offered by BuySend

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a roll of paper, 9 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Galt Toys Paper Roll (Toy)
I was expecting this product to be a roll of white paper that you could cut to your required length. This is great for making wrapping paper and keeps my daughter occupied for ages. I was disappointed to find that the product is actually sheets of paper just rolled up. I feel the product name and the picture on front of the packaging is misleading.

Page: 1 | 2