Profile for trishkinane > Reviews

The Shining [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Redrum, REDRUM!, 5 Oct. 2003
This review is from: The Shining [DVD] [1980] (DVD)
This film had me on the edge of my seat, my legs hunched up in front of me so that I could not see the screen. It was very well edited and how the cameraman managed to film Danny on the tricycle with steadicam was amazing.
Apart from the excellent technical effects, it is a very well written film. It is full of images which will stay with you for days, from the dead girls (WHO ARE NOT TWINS IF YOU LISTEN) in the corridors, the rotting woman in room 237 (you won't go near a bathroom for a long time), and the many shots of 250 gallons of blood coming out of the elevator. Jack Nicholson portrays Torrance marvellously (Heeere's Johnny!) and Danny Lloyd plays Danny Torrance very well (it seems that in every horror film there has to be a creepy kid - 6th sense, the others, the ring)
However, it does not follow the original story by Stephen King very well, so if you are looking for his story, get the remake made in the 90s. But this is the better film as many people will know. Get this now, OR I WON'T HURT YOU, I'LL JUST BASH YOUR BRAINS IN! (don't take literally)

4.0 out of 5 stars Iowa beats their last album by miles!!, 9 Feb. 2002
This review is from: IOWA (Audio CD)
When I bought their other album, I was disapointed with it because it just didn't sound very good. I went off Slipknot for a while, but then when this album came out, because it came out on my birthday, I decided to give them one more chance and I was glad that I did! Their other album didn't have any effect but this one was excellent! The best songs are probably:
I AM HATED
and
PEOPLE=S**T
But I warn you now, if you don't like songs with words you can't get the hang of ... ever ... then DO NOT buy this. But if you don't give then buy it .... NOW!! You won't be disapointed!

Vampire the Masquerade
Vampire the Masquerade

2.0 out of 5 stars A friend named Phil told me about this and I was excited ..., 29 July 2001
so I bought it and we had great fun playing Multiplayer on the net and stuff but it takes up so much memory and takes donkey's years 2 install. And there are so many glitches and screw ups that it becomes terrible. And the AI sucks, the weapons suck, the monsters suck basically: It sucks.

GoldenEye 007 (N64)
GoldenEye 007 (N64)

4.0 out of 5 stars Goldeneye 007, you won't get tired easily!, 27 Nov. 2000
This review is from: GoldenEye 007 (N64) (Video Game)
Goldeneye 007 has been out for ages but it is still fun. Even though the blood on the costumes looks like they've had a nose bleed it doesn't mean it's not fantastic! The secret levels include ones from other films too! It will get boring, but it will take a long time. Perfect Dark has beaten it but that's because it's more recent and more played because it's futuristic. But what can I say about this? BUY IT! Especially if you liked the film!