Profile for Chrish > Reviews

Content by Chrish

Chrish (Glasgow United Kingdom)

Laser 2420 Jiggle Siphon
Laser 2420 Jiggle Siphon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 July 2013
What can I say, it just works! Used for diesel transferring from a jerry can to a boat. A full can was easy with only a couple of jiggles required. A can with only a few litres in the bottom was a bit more work with maybe a dozen jiggles required. Cleaner,easier and quicker than far fling about with a filler funnel. Best few quid I've spent.

TecTake Car Polisher Sander 0-3000rpm 1500 watt + set 11
TecTake Car Polisher Sander 0-3000rpm 1500 watt + set 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 12 April 2013
Ordered Tuesday, estimated delivery 1 to 3 weeks, arrived Thursday in 2 days!!

Well packed and with enough accessories alone to almost justify the price. I am generally someone who buys well known / proven tools as I like ones that last so was a bit sceptical about the quality that I was getting given the price but as I will only use it a couple of time a year I thought it would do nicely.

The machine its self is well made and solid but not too heavy. This one beinfg the 1500w modle has a lovely soft start, choice of handle (straight or half moon) and the main grip can be rotated to suit your working position.

My only criticism is that the instructions are scant and refer to a diagram which is not there for replacing the carbon brushes and as I've never had a polisher before, I haven't a clue which of the many types of pads are used for what..... need to ask someone!

All in all a great bit of kit for the money.

The Band From Rockall
The Band From Rockall

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!!, 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Band From Rockall (Audio CD)
Bought without even hearing it, just found it by accident in a Google search. As an old Runrig fan, this is refreshingly familiar and good with a slightly different twist to make it great listening and take me to the places I love in the west of Sotland. "There's A Chain" is particularly good. Thanks guys!

The Very Best Of The Dubliners
The Very Best Of The Dubliners

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Quality Recording, 25 Aug. 2011
This has got to be the worst 'live' recorded album I've ever wasted my money on. The vocals are hardly audible on many of the tracks. I'd even go so far as to say that this is like a poor pirate recording with someone sitting at the back of the hall with a cheap mic.

Waste of money.

Free-Heel Skiing: Telemark and Parallel Techniques for All Conditions (Mountaineers Outdoor Expert Series)
by Paul Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitave Book on Telemarking, 19 Nov. 2010
This book (first edition) was recommended to me 15 years ago and I read it from cover to cover. The learning is interspersed with anecdotes, observations and just down right good teaching. If you are thining of trying telemarking (and there is no better way of travelling in the Scottish mountains) then this is the only book you will ever need.

Sarah's Boat: Young Girl Learns the Art of Sailing
Sarah's Boat: Young Girl Learns the Art of Sailing
by Douglas Alvord

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Jan. 2003
Wonderfully written, illustrated and the technical detail set at the right level throughout the book so that as you read the story you learn the basics of sailing. I would recommend to any child learning to sail as a good story and a book to learn from.