Profile for Clara Von Kluk Kluk > Reviews

Content by Clara Von Kluk...

Clara Von Kluk Kluk (South Cumbria, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Large Plus Size Black Tutu Skirt (16 TO 22) (UK Size 16-22)
Large Plus Size Black Tutu Skirt (16 TO 22) (UK Size 16-22)
Offered by The Rock Collection

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and nasty, 14 Feb. 2013
I know you cannot expect couture for the sum of £8.99, but I was expecting a little more than the quality of a kids dressing up item.

The tulle was as stiff as a board and there was hardly any of it - certainly not like the image shown, where the tulle actually looked reasonably thick. Plus, it is actually advertised as a skirt - not a petticoat or underskirt, so you would expect it to be fairly dense. There is no way you could get away wearing this as a skirt as the world would see everything underneath. Not exactly the look anyone would want.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning!, 3 Feb. 2013
I bought this dress for my daughters prom in a few months time. She is a bit of a goth so the usual prom attire of pastel pink meringue was going to be out of the question.

At only £64.99 for something which on the screen looked much more expensive, I wasn't holding my breath, expecting poor quality but as my daughter was keen I ordered anyway. I was pleasantly surprised at the FREE delivery, even more so when the dress arrived promptly at my door two days later. Removing the dress from its packaging I was completely blown away at not only how stunning the garment was, but also the quality and workmanship of it too. Even the detachable bow on the back with its little poppers to keep it in place, was perfectly done.

I had ordered a size 16 for my daughter but had to return for a smaller size in order to give her that figure-hugging look - so I would say that the fit is slightly on the generous side. The seller has been very polite and helpful with advice on returns etc so I will definitely purchase from them again.

All in all an amazing find and my daughter is thrilled to bits - she really does look stunning in it - even in the accompanying platform biker boots. The reall sweetener for me is that all the other mums have been paying in excess of £200 for their daughters prom dresses, whilst I have a fantastic bargain that looks 4 times the price.

Disaster Designs Vintage Songbird Make-Up Cosmetic Purse
Disaster Designs Vintage Songbird Make-Up Cosmetic Purse

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely vintage feel, 29 Jan. 2013
I bought this make-up bag as a gift for my son's girlfriend having previously purchased a number of Disaster Designs products over the years.

The bag is extremely pretty, very feminine with a lovely vintage feel to it. Every time you look at it you notice something else; kittens, birds, music, flowers - all portrayed in beautiful colours.

The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that I would have liked it to have been a bit bigger. But that is really just my opinion.

Black & White Guineapig Plush Soft Toy by Hansa. 19cm. 4592
Black & White Guineapig Plush Soft Toy by Hansa. 19cm. 4592
Offered by Lincrafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well received!, 29 Jan. 2013
I bought this plush GP for my friends birthday after she had recently adopted two of the genuine article herself. What was really nice was that one of her real GPs is identical to this toy!

As with all Hansa plush animals, the standard and attention to detail are fantastic and you really feel as though you have purchased a quality item. The toy arrived complete with a high quality gift tag attached, which was actually a bit like a mini catalogue showing a selection of the other animals they make.

Both my friend and I are real animal lovers and also big kids so this gift went down very well. There are many makes of plush animals available on the market, but if its realism and quality you are after, you need look no further than Hansa.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Miss Scarlet with a blunt instrument in the kitchen..., 29 Jan. 2013
My husband bought me this colourful set of knives for Christmas after they caught my eye above the usual drab looking kitchen utensils. Foolishly I had allowed their looks to get in the way of assessing if any real quality was present. I know you can't expect much for £25.00, but I would at least liked to have been able to slice a carrot without exerting so much pressure that I turned red.

The knives are so blunt that the only way I could defend myself from a vicious intruder (should the need arose) would be to bludgeon said criminal on his bonse with the useless set.

After my difficult carrot-slicing episode I did spend time sharpening the vegetable knife but unfortunately it made little difference. I should not have needed to do this in the first place. My advice if you are tempted to buy this set is to spend a bit more on a quality knife set made from high grade Sheffield steel. Instead, brighten up your kitchen with a pot plant.

The Puppet Company - Sockettes - Pumpkin Hand Puppet
The Puppet Company - Sockettes - Pumpkin Hand Puppet

5.0 out of 5 stars Most fun you can have with your clothes on, 29 Jan. 2013
After reading some of the very favourable reviews of all the Puppet Company products, I opted to purchase Pumpkin as a surprise gift for my 16 year old daughter (and myself).

As soon as I tore the packaging off it was plain to see that Pumpkin was a quality item - beautifully made with great attention to detail. I don't know whether the slight boss-eyed look was intentional, but it certainly added to his whimsical charm. I decided to have a quick go myself before said daughter got home from school and what fun I had! Pumpkin is the type of friend you want when you are feeling down - he just knows what to say in order to bring a smile to your face, although I have to admit that I had heard most of his jokes before...

Unfortunately my possessive daughter has stopped me seeing Pumpkin. She said it was "for the best". Little does she know that I have placed his chum, Scorch, on my Wish List - and it's my birthday soon.

Armitage Gg Sport Ball Pack Fun Sponge Cat Toys
Armitage Gg Sport Ball Pack Fun Sponge Cat Toys
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy balls for cats ever!, 23 Jan. 2013
I cannot believe just how much my new cat loves these balls - and look at the price!! An absolute steal for the fun that your cat will have.

My 6 month old kitten is very lively and was being a real pain to my other cats, chasing them about. I bought these balls in the hope that she would chase them instead. The balls are soft and squidgy do she can easily pick them up in her mouth, which she frequently does to move the balls into her room of choice. She loves chasing them about and amuses herself for hours if she has a few on the go at once. Her favourite game though is when we bounce a ball on the floor and she watches it bounce right up towards the ceiling, she is ready waiting to catch it between her front paws. This is a great little trick she has learnt and enjoys the round of applause she gets afterwards. As the balls are soft she sometimes can catch the ball with one paw by sticking her claws into it. This looks very impressive. All in all the best cat toy purchase I have made to date.

KONG Refillable Catnip Beaver Cat Toy
KONG Refillable Catnip Beaver Cat Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat heaven!, 23 Jan. 2013
I bought the Kong Beaver along with the rat, squirrel and frog for my cats' Christmas presents. As with all Kong products, they proved to be real winners with the moggie brigade, from my 6 month old kitten to my grumpy 4 year old male.

The beaver comes with a Velcro strip down its back which you open and fill with some of the catnip out of the tube provided with the item. You then seal the Velcro and throw to your cat, making sure you put the lid back on the catnip for next time (each fill should last a good few weeks).

All my cats love these toys. I had a good laugh at Mr Tibbs who is grumpy at the best of times. I caught him rolling about on the floor with his toy making lots of satisfied nomming noises. They do end up rather soggy after a good play session, so you may wish to put on a radiator to dry out. All good fun and may even consider buying one for my husband...

Ragtales Rosie Rabbit Toy In Hutch
Ragtales Rosie Rabbit Toy In Hutch

4.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous little item, 23 Jan. 2013
I say "little" as Rosie Rabbit was much smaller than I was expecting. I know they state the dimensions, but it's only when you have it in front of you do you realise just how tiny it is. That said, the size does not detract from how sweet it is.

I bought this for my three year old great niece (her Mum is called Rosie too) as part of her Christmas present. She obviously loved it to bits as the next time she came to see me it was firmly grasped in her sticky paw! The rabbit is beautifully made with quality fabric and the little hutch makes a great home for it.

Unfortunately the thin panel behind the two hutch doors had come unstuck in transit, but this was easily put back with a dab of glue and not worth sending back for a replacement. I can't imagine this is a common problem though and still give the item 4 stars.

Ragtales Peter The Hamster Soft Toy
Ragtales Peter The Hamster Soft Toy
Offered by Alfie's World of Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, 23 Jan. 2013
I bought this as a stocking filler for my 16 year old daughter. She loves him! He has a gorgeous soft feel and together with his "hand knitted" cardigan, Peter the Hamster certainly has a quirky appeal. A winner for all ages of "kids".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11