Profile for TheLibrarian > Reviews

Go Stationery Tulip Garden A5 Notebook - Teal
Go Stationery Tulip Garden A5 Notebook - Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Quality Spiral Notebook, 31 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an A5 spiral notebook. I liked the fact that it is a sturdy notebook. The coils are very strong and the covers are made of medium-weight card so I think it would withstand being chucked in a bag quite well. The paper is white with fairly wide lines. I used a black gel pen and was impressed that I could only faintly see my writing from the other side of the page. This is a good quality basic notebook.

Go Stationery Owls Exercise Book - Taupe
Go Stationery Owls Exercise Book - Taupe

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Basic Notebook, 31 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an attractive, if rather basic, notebook. The cover is made of medium-weight card and the owls design is very stylish. In terms of size it is somewhere between A5 and A4 at 25.5 x 18cm. The paper is cream and has fairly wide lines. I used a black gel pen and was impressed that I could only see the writing very faintly from the other side of the paper. This is a nice notebook, but apart from the slightly unusual size it is not really anything special.

Medisana BS 430 Connect Body Analysis Scale with Bluetooth
Medisana BS 430 Connect Body Analysis Scale with Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scales let down by poor instructions, 18 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first experience of using a scale of this kind and it was an interesting experience. My first impression of the scales are that they are well-made, simple and look stylish. As someone with a very small bathroom I was happy with how compact they are. To set the scales up you pull the tab out of the battery compartment and then start to input your settings. I did have to do this a few times as it wasn't obvious what some of the symbols meant and I did not know what my height was in cms. Before setting up the scales I recommend that you thoroughly read the instructions, get your details ready and download the app. The app was very easy to use and instantly synced with the scales. The scales measure your weight, body fat percentage, muscle percentage, water percentage and bone mass. This was all very interesting, but I had no idea whether the results were good or bad. I looked online, but found that many sites stated that you should look at the manufacturer's recommendations on how to interpret the results from their scales. Unfortunately the booklet that comes with the scales only contains very basic information as does the app. I do think these scales work very well and are solidly built, but the manufacturer really should have provided a more comprehensive booklet for people who have never measured anything other than their weight.

A Traveller's Year: 365 Days of Travel Writing in Diaries, Journals and Letters
A Traveller's Year: 365 Days of Travel Writing in Diaries, Journals and Letters
by Travis Elborough

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful gift for armchair travellers, 18 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful high-quality anthology of travel writing. The entries are from a huge number of writers and I loved the fact that it included modern writers as well as ones from the past. I would have liked to see some more photos in the book, although it is such a large book I can understand that having extra pages of photos would have made it far too heavy. I think the entries should be read over a year so you can really think about what you are reading. This is the perfect gift for the armchair traveller.

Missoma Trinkets Gold Plated Evil Eye Charm Bracelet of 18-20cm
Missoma Trinkets Gold Plated Evil Eye Charm Bracelet of 18-20cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty and delicate bracelet, 1 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bracelet is made from gold-plated sterling silver with an 'evil eye' charm made from semi-precious gemstones and a moonstone bead at the end. I did really like this like bracelet. I was worried the charm would be tacky, but is actually pretty and understated. The chain is very fine, but the clasp is sturdy and of a good size so I was not struggling to put the bracelet on. The bracelet is 20 cm long and there are three settings which should fit most wrists. My wrist is approximately 17cm and I was able to wear the bracelet on the smallest setting. I think this is a pretty bracelet for ladies who like delicate jewellery.

Ingenious Jewellery Sterling Silver Yellow Gold Plated Swing Earrings with Pearls and Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile earrings that can be worn on many occasions, 1 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These earrings are made from gold-plated silver and decorated with cubic zirconia and Majorca pearls. The earrings can be worn as they are or you can remove the pearls so you are left with a sparkly star-shaped stud earring. I think this is a great idea as these earrings are probably a bit too glitzy to wear during the day so being able to turn them into a stud is a brilliant idea. I also liked the fact that the butterfly clasp is quite large so they are less fiddly to put on than a lot of earrings. I personally would have preferred the earrings to be a little smaller. They are approximately 2 cm and the pearls are quite large. I think this did slightly push them into the gaudy category for me, although obviously this is a matter of personal taste.

Revlon Shine Addict Nail Buffer
Revlon Shine Addict Nail Buffer
Offered by AntomDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, but be careful if you are clumsy!, 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Revlon nail buffer is designed to give your nails a polished look. The machine is easy to set up and comes with batteries and replacement rollers. To shine your nails you firstly attach the green roller to the device. This is very abrasive and will remove any ridges from your nails. After that you attach the white roller and this one shines your nails. The green roller must only be used fortnightly and the white roller can be used as often as you need. I was very impressed with the results. My nails were very smooth and shiny and it really did look like I was wearing clear nail polish. If you can't wear polish at work, but still want to look well-groomed this device will be perfect for you. My only worry about the machine is that you do need to be careful when using it. You must only use the green rollers for two seconds on each nail and not apply any pressure. Seeing how abrasive they were on my nails I can see that you could cause real damage. I also found that when I was using the white roller it often shot off the end of my nail and painfully caught the end of my finger. If you are heavy-handed or clumsy you definitely need to be extra careful when using this device!

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Purifying Cleansing Wipes
L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Purifying Cleansing Wipes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality wipes best suited to greasy skin, 25 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These purifying cleansing wipes are suitable for normal to combination skin. I found that they did remove dirt and make-up thoroughly and my face felt refreshed after use. I found one wipe was enough to cover my whole face. I did not like the scent which reminded me of cucumbers. After a few days of use I did feel that the wipes were starting to dry out my skin and my cheeks especially seemed a little sore. I definitely feel they are more suited to someone with robust skin that is on the greasy side.

Hallmark Christmas Charity Multipack Cards 'Wishing you all the best' - Pack of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Christmas cards, 25 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a set of ten traditional Christmas cards. The message inside the cards reads, "Wishing you all the best at Christmas and in the New Year". The cards are not as thick or sturdy as some on the market, but they still stand up without collapsing on themselves. They are large enough to be able to write a couple of paragraphs in, but still small enough to quality for the normal letter stamp.

Garnier Body Soothing Gel and Cream 250 ml
Garnier Body Soothing Gel and Cream 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars A great body lotion for people with normal skin, 25 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Garnier's Body soothing Gel-Cream is a great body lotion for people with normal skin. The lotion absorbs into the skin instantly without leaving any residue so this is perfect for people who hate the feel of body lotion. The lotion feels cool on the skin so I think it would be very soothing if you have sunburn. The product is supposed to be for dry and sensitive skin. I have both of those things and whilst I did find it suited my skin, I don't think I would recommend it for people with really dry skin. I think the normal non-gel lotions in this range are far more suitable for dry skin. One thing I really did not like about this product is the scent. It says peach on the bottle, but it had more of an aloe/cucumber scent and I found it very unpleasant although I don't think I could smell it on my skin. I would not buy this product as I think the other body lotions in this range are much more suitable for my skin. I don't think I would recommend this to someone with dry skin unless they really hate the feel of body lotions. I think it is perfect for someone whose skin is normal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20