Profile for Steve D > Reviews

Hoya 52 mm Slim PL-CIR Filter
Hoya 52 mm Slim PL-CIR Filter
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK VAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives excellent results, 19 Aug. 2016
Not a lot to say about Hoya that hasn't been said before. I've always used them. The polaroid filter works well with sky \ landscape or seascape shots to give skies deep blues and avoid the washed out look on bright sunny days. I've used the filter when "rock-pooling" to take photos of the various critters that lurk in them and again the filter gives good clarity.

Draper 43986 Diesel Priming Pump
Draper 43986 Diesel Priming Pump

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as a fuel transfer pump, 19 Aug. 2016
It has got limited use priming through a fitted diesel fuel filter as it generates limited sustained vacuum but is OK to pull fuel through from the diesel tank.

I ended up priming the filter housing on my Skoda Fabia by modifying my sump oil removal pump to pull diesel from the tank and through the filter bowl as I got tired of pumping by hand.

JJC Pentax compatible PH-RBC 52mm lens hood for smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly, 19 Aug. 2016
Fits the 18-55 WR lenses as stated. Mine fitted cleanly to the lens with no jiggling or rattling about and the price is definitely right.

Samsung UE28J4100 28-Inch HD Ready 28 Inch Television (2015 Model)
Samsung UE28J4100 28-Inch HD Ready 28 Inch Television (2015 Model)
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It is light and easy to mount, 26 Jun. 2016
I bought this to replace a 15 year old Sony 26" LCD. I wanted to look at Sony again but couldn't find anything in the size I wanted.

It is light and easy to mount. No problems with set-up and it works fine.

Sound is good, using it in a large bedroom, so I imagine it will be OK for most average sitting rooms with a sound level setting of 12 adequate for me.

The display is clear and was OK watching football.

The on-screen menus are easy to navigate and responds quickly to keyed input. Not tried it with anything other than Freeview input.

The Blues Came Callin'
The Blues Came Callin'

4.0 out of 5 stars the guy is going to be like a storm when he gets back to full health, 27 April 2016
This review is from: The Blues Came Callin' (Audio CD)
Hearing this and Battle Scars has convinced me to go see him live later in 2016.

If this is Walter with failing health, the guy is going to be like a storm when he gets back to full health, and Battle Scars already seems to prove it.

niceEshop(TM) Cheerson CX-10 Part Blade Guard Cover Protector Set
niceEshop(TM) Cheerson CX-10 Part Blade Guard Cover Protector Set
Offered by niceEshop

3.0 out of 5 stars ... son's mini-drone and works once we figured out the best mix of blades, 27 April 2016
Took a while to arrive but fits my son's mini-drone and works once we figured out the best mix of blades. The guard needed a bit of trimming to keep the blades from hitting it but it does the job.

Rega Fono Mini A2D Phono Pre-Amplifier (Moving Magnet)
Rega Fono Mini A2D Phono Pre-Amplifier (Moving Magnet)
Offered by Sevenoaks Sound and Vision, Yeovil.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is easy to use and set up and I get good ..., 27 April 2016
This is easy to use and set up and I get good audio output onto a Lenovo i7 processor laptop.

I use it solely for transferring vinyl to FLAC digital format with Audacity as my amp has a built-in phono input.

Regatta Kids Winter Softshell Stretch Trousers - Black (7-8, Black)
Regatta Kids Winter Softshell Stretch Trousers - Black (7-8, Black)
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter doesn't like stiff pants and these fit that bill, 11 Feb. 2016
My daughter doesn't like stiff pants and these fit that bill. Her only beef was they don't come in pink! The fit is generous and she could get a pair of leggings on under these for colder days. They clean up easily in the wash. You can wash them in Nikwax products to give the outer shell a degree of water repellency.

I use a similar item in the winter (Craghoppers) and enjoy wearing them.

SanDisk Ultra Android 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps, Frustration Free Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to use in my daughter's Kindle Fire tablet and ..., 11 Feb. 2016
Purchased to use in my daughter's Kindle Fire tablet and works ok. Available space is what it should be. Came in a branded sealed pack.

PRICEMASTER THIGH Fishing Wader - Green - Green - size UK Mens Size 9
PRICEMASTER THIGH Fishing Wader - Green - Green - size UK Mens Size 9
Offered by BWSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the job, 11 Feb. 2016
These are long in the leg if you're a short person, but for my 34" leg, perfect. The boot size is generous without being "floppy" and I found that ordering my normal shoe size will leave space for a decent thickness of boot sock.

The material is quite flexible without being flimsy. It comes with a repair patch.

I'll be using these for sea fishing on shore and when launching a boat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7