Profile for kelvin > Reviews

Content by kelvin

kelvin

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 13 Feb. 2016
This review is from: From Sleep [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The music is excellent but this recording is rubbish, pops and cracks on all four sides with strange fizzy background noises. I thought my new stylus or my tweeter had broke. I have returned and replaced the first copy, now I cant return the second. I have also complained to Deutsche Grammophon but they chose to ignore me. The mp3 download is also not very good. I have been collecting records for nearly 50 years and this is the worst new record ever. Shame.

I have to add that this review applies only to this clear vinyl edition as I haven't heard the others. After looking at other forums though it appears that the black (normal) vinyl is ok.

Also, I have since heard from Deutsche Grammophon who have offered me a replacement if I return it to them. I will ask them for a 'black vinyl' copy and I will obviously pay the extra. Otherwise I'm not sure its even worth the postage for more unplayable rubbish.

Roberts Revival iStream FM Radio with Internet and DAB
Roberts Revival iStream FM Radio with Internet and DAB

3.0 out of 5 stars good radio but, 8 Oct. 2013
Excellent radio etc, but the transformer is c**p. I am on my third in 2 years. The rubber grommet that supposed to support the wire where it enters the transformer is too stiff, so the wire just breaks off there, no matter how careful you are. If you use the internet radio you need the transformer as the batteries then don't last very long at all, and if you use it in more than one room you need to move the transformer... They, Roberts, have replaced it both times, under protest the second time (today - its in the post now), and both times I reported it to their tec. dept. explaining it was an obvious weakness, but have been told that they are unlikely to do anything about it. Poor but not bad, if you are prepared to replace the transformer adapter every nine months or so. kelvin
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 7:07 PM BST

KILL PEST ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC INSECT/BUG FLY KILLER 20 WATTS ZAPPER
KILL PEST ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC INSECT/BUG FLY KILLER 20 WATTS ZAPPER

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 14 May 2011
Ordered twice and they promptly sent the wrong item twice. Refunded promptly. I have no reason to suspect this, but if a company had a load of not so good but similar items to get rid of and they sent them out 'by mistake' how many customers would or have accepted them.

kelvin