Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Sarah "sesmo_k"

Hayman's Royal Dock Navy Strength Gin 70 cl
Hayman's Royal Dock Navy Strength Gin 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof!, 27 Mar. 2015
Woof! I say! A gin to warm the cockles of your heart and probably strip them clean too. Now I like gin to taste of gin- not flowers or perfume, this is the ginniest gin I've ever had. In fact it's GIN with a capital G. Beautiful with Fevertree (I usually take a G 'n' t with Schweppes), good with other tonics. My new favourite, I'm only sad I'm at the end of the bottle but being the optimist I can see more bottles of this in my future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 4:38 PM BST

Painting with Acrylics: Learn How to Create Beautiful Paintings (Leisure Arts)
Painting with Acrylics: Learn How to Create Beautiful Paintings (Leisure Arts)
by Wendy Jelbert

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 11 Jun. 2003
I have always drawn and painted with watercolour, but never used acrylics before. This book is great if you are new to acrylic painting and full of top tips and explanations. Its well written and has a step by step approach to techniques and methods. It shows how to form a picture, start painting and continue in easy to follow diagrams and colour photo's. A very good book for starters.

Animal Drawing and Painting
Animal Drawing and Painting
by Walter J. Wilwerding

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for tips., 11 Jun. 2003
Having been a bit of a doodler and scribbler of a few sorts of animals, I decided to get somebackground information on various techniques and basically, what features to look for when drawing animals. This book is full of brilliant tips, some simple, some I hadn't ever thought of. It doesn't take you though step by step how to draw a dog for example, but explains what you should look for and notice about the subject you are attempting to draw. There is a good section on cartooning in the back of the book and some nice illustrations. All round, a good buy.