Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Profile for Pete > Reviews

Content by Pete

Pete "Smiles" (Birmingham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Easy Stars Lonely Hearts Dub Band
Easy Stars Lonely Hearts Dub Band
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy All Star Classic Listening, 14 April 2009
This is just a breath of fresh air - a joyous celebration of a classic English album. I loved Easy All Stars previous albums, Dark Side and Ok Computer, and I instantly feel the same way with Lonely Heart's Dub Band. This is for everyone, not just reggae fans or midnight tokers. I'm neither, myself. It's a a great uplifting album and I only wish Lennon was alive to hear it. He'd love Lucy in the Sky, for sure. No more blather...just buy it! :)

Working Class Hero - A Tribute to John Lennon
Working Class Hero - A Tribute to John Lennon
Offered by playanywhere

4.0 out of 5 stars One Song in Particular, 11 April 2009
Worth it for Mary Chapin Carpenter's version of Grow Old With Me. That's so beautiful. What a great tune to play at a wedding. But generally this is a good collection of tunes and worthy of John's memory.

Live And Let Live
Live And Let Live

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Live Album, 2 April 2009
This review is from: Live And Let Live (Audio CD)
One of the first albums I ever owned and I remember getting it for Christmas and it seeming very 'heavy', at first (Second sitting...) But I came to love it. I must admit that I just love Eric Stewart's voice and this is such a great live performance. I was so chuffed that I got this for under £10. What a great group they were! Buy it; you'll love it! :)

Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon
Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great, 8 Mar. 2009
Some songs are remastered and some are not, but it's a great collection of John's songs and I love having it in my collection. It sounds fantastic on my Ipod, too :)

The Black Album
The Black Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Black Album (Audio CD)
I loved it as a kid, in the 80s, and I love it now. In fact, it sounds better than ever. What a great album. Buy it. You'll love it. It's amazing how far ahead of its time it was back then.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2009 10:02 PM BST

Dig out Your Soul
Dig out Your Soul
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Umm...It's Okay, Kind of..., 16 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Dig out Your Soul (Audio CD)
I tried my best to like this but then read an interview with Noel where he said they had some great numbers written for it but Liam couldn't be bothered to turn up to finish recording.They had to fall back on some more average sounding back-up tracks to complete the album and get it out.
It's a bit depressing when you're trying to convince yourself it's not a bad album, and then you learn it might have been a great album. So, ultimately, I can't really be bothered liking it too much. I'm just following Liam's path. I can't be arsed with it, man.

Monster - Special Edition / Aileen: Life And Death Of A Serial Killer (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlize Theron
Offered by moo V man

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant But Troubling, 12 Jan. 2009
An absolutely fantastic movie, though I did wonder what people's reaction to it might have been if they were shown a very sympathetic movie about a male that killed females. I rather felt for the families of the men she killed, who were nearly all innocent victims. However, I thoroughly recommend this to all. It's an American classic.

The Shield - Season 6 [DVD] [2008]
The Shield - Season 6 [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Michael Chiklis

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 15 Nov. 2008
I'm not going to say too much to anyone new to this series. I'll just say that this is just some of the most exciting and best written / acted TV that I've ever seen. Just brilliant.

Manassas
Manassas

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted!, 11 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Manassas (Audio CD)
I actually am addicted to this album. First heard it twenty years ago and loved it then, but time passed and I forgot about it. Bought it again on CD two years ago and I'm still addicted. There's rarely a day I'm not listening to it on my Pod. It's the perfect antidote to the mass of rubbish that's churned out every day on the radio. This is music that reconnects you to great songwriting, musicianship and, in some ways, to yourself.

Dr Martens Nick Butt Seam Slip On
Dr Martens Nick Butt Seam Slip On

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Good, 8 Nov. 2008
The only pair of DMs that have ever let me down. They're quite loose on the foot (with no way of tightening them) and worst of all, they let water in. Mine are banished to a wardrobe upstairs, in shame. Dms are a fantastic product, but not these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8