Profile for Pete > Reviews

Content by Pete

Pete "Smiles" (Birmingham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Prekrasna E.P.
Prekrasna E.P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Prekrasna E.P. (MP3 Download)
What a great groove! This is the soundtrack to many good times to come. I really, really like this a lot. I love it when I hear something and everything just clicks into place.

Human Traffic: ESSENTIAL SELECTION PRESENTS MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE
Human Traffic: ESSENTIAL SELECTION PRESENTS MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Uplifting, 20 Mar. 2010
Seriously, this is fantastic. I love the movie but the soundtrack is just one of those mix's you let play from beginning to end. I'm completely happy to own this one!

Journeys To Glory
Journeys To Glory
Offered by groove_temple

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shock!, 11 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Journeys To Glory (Audio CD)
A seriously tinny and bad sounding remaster. I feel as though I've been ripped off, and what makes it worse is that I was really looking forward to this. I won't be buying any more of these if this is what I'm going to get. When I have this on my normal bass levels it sounds just terrible. Avoid this one at all costs.

Woodstock Revisited: 50 Far Out, Groovy, Peace-Loving, Flashback-Inducing Stories From Those Who Were There
by Susan Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Touching, 18 July 2009
A great little book. Fascinating real life stories of how people were directly or indirectly affected by this historic festival. (I count myself as one who was indirectly but greatly affected in an initially wayward but ultimately positive way)

The Stone Roses - The Collectors Edition
The Stone Roses - The Collectors Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Music But Awful Cash-In, 18 July 2009
Great album but a pathetic attempt at raking in the cash. Think I'll stick with the single release. Who thought up that price? It's only four discs. This sort of cash-in spoils memories.

Snowfall - The Tony Bennett Christmas Album
Snowfall - The Tony Bennett Christmas Album
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and I Love It., 29 May 2009
I love this album at Christmas. 'Snowfall' is particularly beautiful. It should be on every winter chill album, but luckily its not. Tony Bennett at Christmas. What more could you want at that time of year? Perfect.

Song
Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Beautiful;, 25 May 2009
This review is from: Song (Audio CD)
This is just the most beautiful album. It conjures up images of lonely windswept beaches, lazy endless clouds drifting away onto the horizon, suburbia with it's lost souls and myriad stifled dreams and a much gentler life of quiet desperation. I feel so removed and at peace when I listen to this album. It's not just music, it's art
(and I don't say that lightly.)
It's such a shame that they didn't make any more albums together. This is such a lost classic.
It's also very interesting how the themes of feeling lost and unemployed are as relevant as ever. I listen to this album and I hear Songs About Now. I'm so happy it's been re-released with extra tracks. I can't praise this enough.

Archives: Volume 1: 1963-1972
Archives: Volume 1: 1963-1972
Offered by roundMediaUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the Info, 23 May 2009
Same with me - thanks folks. I didn't know all of this info and it's come as a bit of a shocker. I won'yt be buying, but I will be waiting for the HMV / Amazon mega-sale.

(I'm no part-time fan. I've got nearly every album he's put out twenty and years of loving his music, but this seems the kind of move the money grabbing Stones would make.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2009 7:51 PM BST

Solid Air
Solid Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 May 2009
This review is from: Solid Air (Audio CD)
Fantastic. I love this album and having a Delux version will be just brilliant :)

Dream Harder
Dream Harder
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Companion, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Dream Harder (Audio CD)
This is one of the most beautiful and positive albums I own. I've loved it since it came out and it holds such nice memories of long hot summers gone past. It's an album for awakenings and new beginnings. I just love it, and I hope you do too.
Thanks for the poetry and awesome music, Mike. (Any chance of a remaster or a delux edition? :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8