Profile for Charlie Murray > Reviews

Content by Charlie Murray

Charlie Murray (Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Star Wars: Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
Star Wars: Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
by James Luceno

4.0 out of 5 stars Ties In Almost Perfectly with Rogue One, 18 Jan. 2017
Was great to know the back story behind Galen and Lyra and how they came to be where they were at the start of Rogue One. It did strangely feel like I was following a different family as how I saw them in the film isn't how they are in the book or vice versa, but it is earlier days of course.

To begin with, you'll come to actually like Krennic and you'll see his happier times, but then you get to slowly see his corruption over time.

It's great to see Tarkin in this quite a bit too and whilst I hoped to see some Vader and Palpatine scenes, they are only mentioned, so don't get your hopes up. Read Lords of the Sith of you want that. Also whilst I enjoyed the Has Orbitt stuff, it started to get a little unclear what was going on near the end so pay very good attention.

Overall, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!

Warcraft: Durotan (The Official Movie Prequel) (Warcraft Movie)
Warcraft: Durotan (The Official Movie Prequel) (Warcraft Movie)
by Christie Golden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging From the Start, 8 Jun. 2016
This is the first book that I have read in years. Whilst I did have help with the audiobook version also, this book really did help set up the movie; though I did see the movie prior to reading the novel. This novel along has made me want to look up the lore to Warcraft and made me want to see the movie again, which I will do.

There wasn't a dull character within the novel and everyone had a back story that was told superbly. Very well written, and I look forward to hopefully having more of these as more movies come out (I do hope anyway).

EDIT: However there is a kink I've got to wonder, and it's kind of spoilery so look away now if you haven't read or watched the film:

- What happened to Geyah and Drek'Thar? They were not found in the movie at all, and the assumption is the time span between the book and the film is about two weeks. They survived in the book, and no where in the movie.

Lost in Oz: Extended Adventure
Lost in Oz: Extended Adventure
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Retelling of The Wizard of Oz in Modern Times, 26 Jun. 2015
MINOR SPOILERS IN THIS BRIEF REVIEW -

Definitely seems like it's indirectly related to the movie; either that or it's a modern day retelling of the Wizard of Oz.

Which yes, means that everything in Oz is very futuristic looking. Cybernetic monkeys, magic reduced to "elements" and massive mechanical buildings.

Although it kind of seems like a show more for children, it does seem to build upon something and looks like it'll go more into mystery than the mere "Dorothy finding her way home", as you'll realize Dorothy's mother knows of the existence of Oz and that her mother seems to be friends with a wicked witch rather than enemies. Despite this, it seems like something young adults might enjoy too if you can get past the child like humor.

So it's curious to see where this goes.

LG 42LB650V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Wi-Fi Smart 3D TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best TVs I've Ever Owned., 1 Jan. 2015

I couldn't believe the price of this TV. £409 for a 1080P 3DTV (and it even comes with 2 glasses though it was stated it didnt) is outstanding value.

The TV itself... well... I watched Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D on it and it literally is like looking out of a brand new clean window. The image quality is so clear...

One of the best TV's I've ever used.

The LEGO Movie Videogame - Western Emmet Minitoy Edition (PS4)
The LEGO Movie Videogame - Western Emmet Minitoy Edition (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good Lego Movie game, 10 July 2014
It's a good Lego Movie game. Easier to 100% than other Lego games but still takes a fair few tries. Levels dont feel as imaginative as other lego games, despite this being the "penultimate ultra" lego game considering every thing IS lego.

Re-Entry
Re-Entry
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good first episode, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Extant Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Very good first episode. Definitly starts out a nice mystery, and Halle Berry really seems to hold it together. Looking forward to seeing more, though there's a couple ideas in there which we see too often in films/shows like this. But I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out. Looking forward to the next episode.

Godzilla: Awakening
Godzilla: Awakening

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected, 27 May 2014
The art isnt that fantastic and with that, its kind of hard to figure out what is going on sometimes. You'll look at a page and think "what is that supposed to be a panel of?"

The story can at times be a little complex. A lot of the characters look the same due to the art so you can't tell who on earth is who.

I expected better sadly.

Reasons My Kid is Crying
Reasons My Kid is Crying

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, but Sweet, 12 Dec. 2013
Makes you realise that kids can be more funny than you think. A pretty short book (can be finished in 10 minutes) but you'll crack a few smiles :)

Broadchurch [DVD] [2013]
Broadchurch [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman
Offered by SKYETORI

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, fascinating and mysterious, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'm not one for watching dramas like this, but when I heard all the hype going for it, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Little did I know what waited ahead was a compelling, brilliant drama that leaves you guessing until the final episode on who Danny's killer is. And when you find out, you WILL be surprised...

Bring. On. Series. 2!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simulation... that's actually fun? THAT CAN'T BE... But it is..., 22 Mar. 2013
I won't go into a massive detail but I bought this game after watching Nerd3 play it on his YT.

I have to say, this is quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in a simulator. You drive for miles looking at the beautiful scenery. The textures are possibly the best I've seen in any simulator (but not the best I've ever seen, obviously) and growing your own business is challenging but intriguing.

You HAVE to buy this game.

Page: 1 | 2