Profile for Alex > Reviews

Alex

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Pre-Workout Powder, 300 g, Raspberry Lemonade
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Pre-Workout Powder, 300 g, Raspberry Lemonade

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good but has clinically ineffective dosage of active ingredients and does nothing., 12 Feb. 2017
Sorry to say, but all this has goung for it is taste (raspberry lemonade flavour). It's sweet but I like that. As for effectiveness, it just makes me feel really hot and does nothing else. 1.5g of beta alkaline is not enough, if it was you would feel your skin tingle; it doesn't. There's no energy boost or crash and no improvement in my performance at the gym. It's not terribly priced but for something that does nothing it is, save your cash. I bought it because it was rated well on lab door. I gave it to my friend cause I though maybe it was just me; did nothing for him either and he had three scoops. Disappointed!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2017 9:14 PM BST

Paladone Cake Cup, White
Paladone Cake Cup, White

2.0 out of 5 stars So glad I didn't its very cut but exactly as people ..., 30 Dec. 2016
I saw this in Debenhams before christmas after debating buying it on amazon. So glad I didn't its very cut but exactly as people are saying; so small. The picture on the box is not how it looks in a hand. Fine if thats what you are looking for but if you are making mug cakes in it I forsee lots over microwave overflows. The one good thing I see is portion control .... a whole mug can be quite large for a one serving cake, just measure ingredients accordingly.

The Bikini Body 28-Day Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Guide: 200 Recipes, Weekly Menus, 4-Week Workout Plan
by Kayla Itsines

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good information and recipies., 29 Dec. 2016
Actually a really bright colourful and well packed book. There's lots of personal Kayla touches you will see if you follow her on social media. It's and honest no BS book that explains nutrients how it is not any of this dieting with low carb or low fat rubbish. Its about eating well and knowing why. The plan has loads of substitutes so you can make it your own or you can just make there recipies straight out of the book when you fancy.

My only critisisms would be are that some of the food is a little out there in that its not the easiest or cheapest to source and not the most popular options collectively amoungst people including baby octopus, veel, stuffed squid etc. On the other hand that will really appeal to some. I feel like Kayla's market is usually people looking for fitness on a budget, so theu buy a plan they can do at home or by themselves at a gym so the proce some of the meals would cost if you were to follow the plan would be higher than budget. The second thing is that its not really suited to individuals in terms of calorie intake, it expresses the meals in the same portions; this could be too much for some people and too little for others - most cookbooks don't but this is more of a plan than just a cookbook. On the other hand if this is a starting point or a way into learning to eat right etc its really greay because theres information as well as the meals.

Value for money, can't fault it. If you bought her online meal plan it would cost you far more than this and this way you get a great looking book thats so different from many others.

Its got a lot of greek influence in it which I think makes it more personal and different but theres spmething in it for everyone I think.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So good for eczema, 2 Mar. 2015
So good for eczema, doesn't solve the problem entirely as this is a job for steroid creams but really helps in between and to stay moisturised. Not too sticky, gross or oily and soaks in pretty well. My favourite cream for eczema.

Kamor® 15 15.6 16 inch Water-resistant Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Case Bag/ Notebook Computer Case / Briefcase Carrying Bag / Ultrabook Laptop Tablet Bag Case / Pouch Cover / Skin Cover with 5.5mm thickness for Acer/ Asus/ Dell/ Fujitsu/ Lenovo/ HP/ Samsung/ Sony/ Toshiba, suitable for Acer Aspire E5-571P-59QA/Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C88M / ASUS X551MA/ ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71/ Dell Inspiron i3531-1200BK/ Fujitsu LIFEBOOK A512 NG / Lenovo Thinkpad E545 / HP Pavilion 15-r030wm/ HP 15-f004dx / Samsung RV510/ Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105. Especially for teens/men/women/ladies/girls design (Dark Blue)
Offered by GD24 - Good Deal 24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, wrong description., 2 Mar. 2015
This is actually a really nice product but the description clearly states for laptops and ultrabooks; when you get it, the product is actually for tablets and clearly can't fit a laptop in it. No problems with the product, it's nice and good quality, it's just the description is incorrect and doesn't match.

Loreal Majicontrast Red
Loreal Majicontrast Red
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff. With developer will turn any hair red!, 4 Nov. 2013
This stuff is amazing, so effective, I never imagined my dark hair would go so bright so easily. I literally use this all the time now. I use usually 2 or 3 of these at a time as I cover my whole hair for a top up when I do my roots and I have lots of hair! I use 75ml of 30 volume creme developer to every tube of majicontrast that I use and this gets my hair from very dark brown to bright red in no time. I'll be honest the colour will still eventually start fading it won't stay as bright, it will go lighter and less red but you can help keep it redder by using a sulfate free shampoo and topping up the colour with something like fire red crazy colour semi-permanent dye or a la riche directions one. It doesn't damage your hair at all really, unlike if you were to bleach your hair and then apply a red (which I have done and it wasn't pretty!). Another great thing is that this colour won't stain the bathroom for ages like most other dyes, I find if I splodge this by accident I can easily clean it without leaving too much evidence. XXL colours are no where near as effective as this stuff so throw away the box dyes!

L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert - Delicate Color Shampoo 1500ml
L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert - Delicate Color Shampoo 1500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, best for keeping in colour!, 4 Nov. 2013
This shampoo is just excellent. It's pricier than something you would pick up in a supermarket but there's a damn good reason for that. It was recommended to me by my hair dresser as I have very bright red dyed hair which is a nightmare to keep red. I was buying the 250ml bottle for nearly a tenner but buying the 1500ml just works out SO much more economical and you can put a pump in it which makes it really easy to dispense. The shampoo works well for coloured hair a it does not contain sulfate which is the chemical most shampoos (even a lot of colour care shampoos) contain that isn't good for colour. A sulfate free shampoo like this will not froth up in the way that many other shampoos do but it still gives good coverage and leaves your hair so soft and smelling lovely. I also find that my hair feels a lot lighter and more manageable using this shampoo but that may be because of my hair type; lots of it and thick. I thought the pirce tag on the 1500ml bottle was too good to be true but it's the real deal. Love it.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars It can't hold the weight of Ipod, falls off!, 4 Nov. 2013
My main reason for giving this item 2 stars is the fact that it can't even properly hold the weight of an Ipod classic which it was designed for; I took it to the gym which is what I wanted it for and it fells off my arm twice before I lost my rag with it and took the Ipod out. It was more functional and comfortable to run with it in my bra to be honest; at least I knew it wasn't going to fall again. It's not the best quality item but for how cheap they sell for it really wasn't a problem. The Ipod does fit nicely into the case part which is good but I did also find that the earphone socket didn't line up with the hole designed for it but i kind of pushed it over a bit and made it work. The concept here is good, its just that the Velcro strap just doesn't hold it on your arm properly at all and is distracting. I saw a man at the gym with a different one and his seemed fine so I'm putting it down to this particular item and not all of the arm strap cases for Ipod. Spend a bit more and maybe get a better one is my advice, or do what I'll be going back to, for the ladies of course, just sling it in your bra and run haha!

Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength for Darker Hair Colours
Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength for Darker Hair Colours
Offered by At Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Stinks but it does work!, 20 April 2013
I'm actually really surprised to be honest, did not really think it would do much. I have brunette hair but I dye it much darker browns. I wanted to take the dark colouring out of it as my hair could not be bleached. I have just used it and it has restored my hair back to the standard lighter shade of brown it was. I have not really seen my real hair colour much aside from roots in about 6 years, but I actually see what it looks like again now!

The liquid you get actually really stinks, smells worse than dye, but when you've completed the whole process a shampoo or more likely 2 will get the smell out of your hair.

When the dye has processed and you start washing your hair, it feels really like it has no moisture and quite rubbery but once you put in the buffer that they give you this starts to go away and I shampooed and conditioned twice after I'd finished and now it feels soft and nice again. I was worried that it would be damaging and leave my hair feeling dry (it really does feel weird when you first start rinsing!!) but it really does go away and go back to normal.

I used the full hour of processing for when I did it, so not sure how different just doing the half hour would be.

Also to note, it says it probably won't take out light tones and to use a different one for this; I have a blonde strip in the side of my hair which is still there now. I usually dye this pink (blonde acts as the base because pink won't go on brown) but the pink can leave a residue for a long time which make blonde look a bit coppery/gingery: it looks blonde again now! so I'm pleased.

Womens Ladies MTV Logo Sleeveless Long Racer Muscle Back Vest Top 8 10 12 White Black Pink Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool item., 29 Mar. 2013
Just a vest really, exactly what you would expect from a vest top. Its stretchy which is good for a tight fit and materials good. I like it, go for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4