Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Photofox" (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Killing Club (Detective Mark Heckenburg, Book 3)
The Killing Club (Detective Mark Heckenburg, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars The jury is still out!, 2 Jun. 2014
Enjoyable as a fast paces thriller/adventure book.
I've read other "Heck" novels and enjoyed them but I feel Paul Finch has gone a bit too far with this one. Heck ignores all orders from senior officers, conducts his own investigations out of the loop and, although a mere sergeant, openly challenges the actions and motives of those in charge showing little or no respect.
Furthermore, he single handedly brings the downfall of an army of battle hardened mercenaries, running rings around them.
So, although on the whole I enjoyed it, I felt that Heck's character was taken just that bit too far for belief this time!

Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read

3.0 out of 5 stars Overhyped!, 22 May 2014
"The most gripping thriller you will ever read"?? I don't think so.
It is quite good with a reasonable plot. I like the way it flips between present and the heroine's diary of some years before. It sets the scenes nicely.
However, I thought some of the characters a bit thin and found it hard to come to grips with the "Amateur" hero out smarting the police and the hardened criminals.
Still, overall, a reasonably good read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 May 2014
I was sceptical about this when we saw it on a shopping channel for a lot less money.
However we bought one and after a week, have nothing but praise. The vacuum is very good and the ability to steam or not to steam at the same time is great. There are two steam setting but I can't really see much difference between Hi and Low but neither setting leaves much residue water as our old steam cleaner did.
Just a couple of minor niggles: The Steam/Vac settings are in an awkward place to read. I can see why they were put where they are but it's no great problem.
The other point is that the head does not swivel like a steam mop. Therefore it's difficult to get into some tight places.
But don't be put off! It's a great machine.

Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)
Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good storyline..if a bit predictable!, 19 May 2014
I enjoyed the central FBI character in this book and hope there will be more of him.
Kept me turning the virtual page. Some of the descriptions of the victim's injuries might be a bit much for the more sensitive reader.

Binatone Latitude 150 Twin Black/Silver Walkie Talkie With 3 km Range
Binatone Latitude 150 Twin Black/Silver Walkie Talkie With 3 km Range

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably Good, 19 May 2014
They work very well within the house area...haven't tested them any further afield.
The only drawback is that every channel seems to have other people using it which causes confusion and is annoying! Wish I'd got one with more channels but they do the job for what we want.

Claudius the God (Robert Graves)
Claudius the God (Robert Graves)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a Good Read, 6 May 2014
Many many years since I last read this and it's a little more ponderous than I remember! These days, we like a bit more action in our historical novels. However, if you can cope with all the ancient names and complex family ties then do read this classic.

I, Claudius (Robert Graves)
I, Claudius (Robert Graves)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still plodding through it!, 16 April 2014
I first read this some 40 years ago and thought it about time I re-read it now. I had forgotten that it is quite a laborious read but having said that, it is well written and keeps a certain amount of tension going.
These days we are used to more action in our historical novels whereas this book relies more on relating facts; it takes a bit of mind juggling to keep up with all the Roman names and the lineage. However, as a history of that Roman period it is masterly and a deserved classic.
Will start on Claudius the God as soon as I finish this one.

6 x Matte Screen Protectors for Samsung S7500 Galaxy Ace Plus - Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch Films, Retail Package
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem to work OK, 16 April 2014
These were for my wife's phone. Since she applied the first cover about 4 weeks ago, I've heard no complaints so guess they must be good!

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Canon EOS 6D *Lifetime Guarantee*
Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Canon EOS 6D *Lifetime Guarantee*
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Mar. 2014
Good service from the seller.
Protector was easy to apply and took just a few seconds; it also includes a top screen protector as well.
Very happy with it.

Logitech Z130 Speaker System - Black
Logitech Z130 Speaker System - Black
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with them!, 25 Mar. 2014
I don't know what some reviewers expect from £16 speakers. You don't get Ferrari performance when you pay Ford prices.
For my use they are perfect. I generally listen to music while on my computer and they perform very well for that. If I want "Concert Hall" quality, I listen to my stereo.
They are easy to set up, stylish and give a good "casual music" performance.
What's more, they were delivered in record time; I ordered on Thursday evening and they were delivered on Sunday!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20