Profile for George English > Reviews

Content by George English

George English

I'm Rivelino: A life of two halves.
I'm Rivelino: A life of two halves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read., 19 Nov. 2013
As a die hard and lifelong disappointed Newcastle United fan in his early (cough cough) forties I can identify with the subject matter in this book down to a 't'.
Rivs had me captivated with this witty, factual, and sometimes sad dialogue, (RIP Col).
The book hails the fans, slams the board, rightly criticises the plethora of inept managers we seem to attract. The book truly brings home what its like to be a true 'elite' Newcastle United fan.
Throughout the past 30 odd years, we have seen some doom and gloom, some dark times and really die footie, Rivs also points out the glory and the pride felt on Tyneside as he reminisces about the true hero's, Sir Bobby, Wor Kev, Peter Beardsley, Gazza and of course Alan Shearer.

I loved the book and can share the experience of being a Newcastle fan.

One day, and i hope its in my lifetime, some billionaire will buy this 'small club in the North East', realise what potential it has, what a bunch of fanatical fans it has and turn us around into a decent outfit and a self sustainable money making machine... One day.......just one day.......

'Brilliant' Thanks Andy.