Profile for Jammy Dodgy > Reviews

Jammy Dodgy

Avril Lavigne -  Live in Seoul
Avril Lavigne - Live in Seoul

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, 5 Sept. 2008
Well, when I typed in "Avril Lavigne DVD" I was really surprised when I saw this one! For a starter, I didn't even know it existed! The DVD was recorded at Seoul Olympic Hall, South Korea in August 2004.

The live performance is very good indeed. The programme may not be that long, as it only last for just under an hour with 15 tracks long, but Avril's vocals are certainly at their prime here.

Avril's best EVER performance of 'Nobody`s Fool' is in this concert- she doesn't get out of breath while rapping. She reaches breath-taking high notes in 'Nobody`s Home'. Every single performance just shows off her vocal range perfectly.

TOP 5 PERFORMANCES:

1. Nobody's Home
2. Forgotten
3. Take Me Away
4. Losing Grip
5. Unwanted

Overall, this is an amazing DVD. There's no annoying editing and you don't miss anything here. The programme is 100% complete- you don't miss anything! Avril looks casual but glamorous in her logo-T and jeans.

The songlist is good! Including all of Avril`s well known hits as well as albums tracks. The DVD comes packaged splendidly. The presentation of the case is sleek and smart.

Not sure whether the DVD is official, but who cares? This concert is absolutely astonishing! Buy it as quick as you can, 'cause I`ve got a feeling this DVD wont be around long! It`s pretty cheap too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2013 9:29 PM BST

E=MC2
E=MC2
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of 2008, 29 July 2008
This review is from: E=MC2 (Audio CD)
`E=MC2' is definitely the greatest album I've heard this year! Perhaps you could call me biased since I'm a hardcore fanatic of Mariah Carey, but seriously, I really do never get tired of listening to this album. The album is packed with top-notch R&B slow-jams, like acoustic supreme `Thanx 4 Nothin`', and piano-guided wafers `Last Kiss', `Bye bye' and `I stay In Love'.

Plus, there's up-tempo tracks `Migrate', the blurry synths in `Side Effects' and mid-tempo booty-shakers, `I'm that Chick' and `Touch my Body'. Ballad `Love Story' is lifted with delicate chords and easy-listening reggae joint `Cruise Control' features Damien Marley. Sexy party banger `I'll be Lovin' You long Time' is super fast and happy-going, while elegant smoothie 'Bye Bye' will make your eyes leak!

The ice-cool beats and violin riffs in mid-tempo `For the Record' will simply blow you away with the lovely production and bonus track `Heat' is fast, furious and has a crystal clear punchy beat. If you're looking for an album with a mixed assortment of Genres, then buy `E=MC2'. I also recommend you download `4real4real' (feauting Da Brat) from iTunes. This album is oozing with summery, happy-vibrant songs. Definitely my fave album this year.

In My Arms CD2
In My Arms CD2

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute drivel, 15 July 2008
This review is from: In My Arms CD2 (Audio CD)
All you need to do is check the cover of this CD and see how badly Kylie is copying Gwen Stenfani from her 'wind it up" vid. And the song itself? well, I've never heard anything as bonkers in my life. The over usage of synthesizer is only added to somehow bulk up minoguge's weak voice. the poor drum backing doesn't do anything for my ears either. is this anything new? no, it's just another piece of sloppy turd molded from hers insincerely.

Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun!, 15 July 2008
GTA 4 is a pretty good game. Not so sure whether it's as good as San Andreas, but unlike that game, it has added elements such as the in-game internet and TV. Very fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2009 3:16 PM BST

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Boomedia

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game on DS, 11 July 2008
I brought the DS for this game and I really enjoyed it. It's not at all as good as Twilight Princess, but it's a very good edition to the Zelda series. I was actually going off Zelda before I got this one. You must buy this!!!

We Started Nothing
We Started Nothing
Offered by the_record_factory

2.0 out of 5 stars Few good tracks, the rest happen to be toe-curling, 6 July 2008
This review is from: We Started Nothing (Audio CD)
Sure, the Ting Tings are the greatest thing since sliced toast according to NME. According to Planet Earth, they're the most unimaginative combo since burger bun and sesame seed topping.

Yeah, 'That's not my name' and "Shut up and let me go" are catchy bubblegum pop on a high.

Real shame 'Impacila Carpisung' and 'Fruit Machine' are more painful than listening to half a ton of motor dropping from the sky onto mrs your-local-whinging-granny.

'Great DJ' could have been a good song if it weren't for old blondie here 'ee-ee-ee-ing' and repeating 'the drums, the drums, the drums' till you feel like picking up your music player and lobbing it out the window, into your neighbours garden.

What we have here is lack of creativity. The repetitiveness reaches so far into you that you actually end up feeling nauseous. In every single song, the same words/guitars/vocals repeat over and over untill you eventually collapse through lack of inspiration.

There's nothing motivating here. Nothing thought-provoking even. There really is nothing much at all. Title track 'We Started Nothing' drags on for six long minutes- at least 3 minutes of the track consisting of instrumental only.

Really, there's JUST about four listenable tracks- the rest sound as if they were produced to fill space on an already short-spanned album.

Don't buy this piece of crap if you know what's good for you. Yes, I did. Now I'm only hoping you don't do the same. That's why I'm writing this, is it not? To convince you. Willingly I sure hope I've succeeded, I really do.

The Emancipation of Mimi: Ultra Platinum Edition
The Emancipation of Mimi: Ultra Platinum Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars When `The Voice' returned!, 21 Jun. 2008
`The Emancipation of Mimi' will always be one of the biggest, most memorable of Mariah Carey's albums because this was the album which lifted her back onto her feet again. Piano-hugging smoothies `We Belong Together' and `Don't Forget About Us' promised fans that MC never infact parted with us! She was just off in the studio, working very HARD on a masterpiece of a comeback. She smacked those haters and doubters in the face by scoring two more US #1's back in 2005. The album stirs 19 tracks long, but certainly proves that quantity can deliver quality.

Mid-tempo party hits `It's like That' and `To the Floor (featuring Nelly)' will have you dancing in no time, and bouncy Poppy number `Get Your Number (featuring Jermaine Dupri)' brightens the album and adds colour. There are five contemporary ballads on the albums: `Fly Like A Bird', `Mine Again', `Circles' and `I Wish You Knew'- the majority of them being under gospel-influences and all showing the elegance of Mariah's blossoming voice, which she most certainly proves has not deteriorated.