Profile for D. Gray > Reviews

Content by D. Gray

D. Gray (Leicester, UK)

Command Bathroom Soap Dish with Command Water Resistant Adhesive Strips - 1 Wall Mountable Soap Dish
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but they don't work, 21 Jun. 2009
A great idea, they just didn't work. Anywhere between a few hours and a few days the four that we purchased fell off :(

Also requires rubbing alcohol which wasn't available at my local supermarket, why isn't this clearly stated on the product blurb or even provided as a little wipe in the box?

The Royal Ballet: 75 Years
The Royal Ballet: 75 Years
by Zoë Anderson

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this the way to celebrate 75 years?, 25 Nov. 2007
The book serves some use in piecing together the history of the company and it is quite right that the bad times are also included. However I found the writing style very dry and sometimes tedious to read. Coupled with the numerous subjective criticisms littered throughout, this book fails to convey the love and affection of balletomanes for the company. We should have had a book that reflects the opinions of the fans rather than the serious broadsheet critics, especially for the 75th anniversary...

The Art of SQL
The Art of SQL
by Stéphane Faroult

4.0 out of 5 stars Has developed my SQL skills more than any other book, 9 Sept. 2007
This review is from: The Art of SQL (Paperback)
Coming from a background of developing websites and client applications I have been searching for a book to really help me get to grips with SQL. This has been an enlightening read and completely changed my approach to writing SQL. I have a much better understanding of how to deal with millions of rows of data, complex joins etc. I suspect this book may not be universally popular but it is a great read for the target audience of inexperienced SQL developers.