Profile for A. Maxwell > Reviews

Meinl MCCYS8 Cymbal Stacker 8mm
Meinl MCCYS8 Cymbal Stacker 8mm
Offered by Rockem Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Study but not very long., 14 Jun. 2017
Unfortunateyl I couldn't find the height/length of it anywhere, except on reviews here.
It's NOT 30cm tall as others have said it's 20cm top to bottom. And stacked cymbal will only be *15cm* above your lower cymbal. This product is NOT as tall as I was expecting. Disappointed. However, without taking it out of the packaging it seems strudy and well made. I won't be using it however due to the height.

Corsair SF Series SF450 SFF 450 W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
Corsair SF Series SF450 SFF 450 W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Lookin' great so far, 19 Jan. 2017
I purchased this off Amazon this week and these are my initial impressions.
What a beautifully packaged unit. Well, i say beautiful, it's very impressive - makes you feel the money you spent on it was worth it. It's like a russian doll though, the psu it itself is tiny compared to the box size.

It's really quiet (it should be as the fan doesn't spin until the system is under 20% load) even quieter than the Silverstone ST45SF (non modular) I had before this and hopefully more reliable (x2 of those PSU's developed problems within three years). Is it worth the extra money over that one? Yeah, i think so.

SilverStone SST-ST45SF v 2.0 - SFX Series, 450W 80 Plus Bronze PC Power Supply, Low Noise 120mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat and is super quiet but, reliable?, 14 Jan. 2017
I'm torn about what to write here but here goes. It's a very good power supply in my opinion, with some 'but's'.

The good.....i love it for the following reasons:
*It's really quiet with just a mild air noise to tell its on and to be frank I don't really notice it when its going full pelt, which even when gaming is rare.
*Silvestone support is very good, thoughtful and they go further than they have to to help fix a problem.
*It's been reliable and is still quiet after nearly three years
*It's small - kind've does what it says on the tin really! (SFF)
*It looks good
*Cables are well braided and are stiff (good quality).

The bad:
I'm not convinced that these are over the *long term* a reliable solution. Why? Well I bought one second hand a few years back and there was a funny smell coming out of it. However, even though Silvestone's Warranty as I understand it doesn't apply to secondhand items (which is fair enough) they still took it back (thankfully I had the receipt) and replaced it with a new one. I had to go out and buy another to fill the gap but that wasn't a problem for me as I just sold the one they sent me when I received it.
After nearly 3 years of light-normal usage this one has now developed an interesting mild ticking noise when the computer was turned off. It sounds almost as if the fan is still rotating just at a slow speed and it seems that it's still receiving power even though everything was off.
I traced it to the monitor cable.
When I unplugged it the sound disappeared and the PSU turned completely off as it should and plugging it back in it didn't restart. But when I boot up the computer and turn it off again, there the sound would be. Note that it didn't do this when the monitor is connected with a VGA cable (and I couldnt test DVI).
This doesn't appear to cause any problems and the PSU has been reliable and super quiet throughout its life, but it does mean I don't really want to leave the cable in when I go out (fire risk maybe? maybe not?).
I contact Silverstone support and once again they were super helpful but I had lost my receipt so they couldn't accept it back (and it was a number of months out of warranty).
I should say that I completely accept that and hold nothing against them and I still think this is a great power supply, but it does mean I will now look for a different brand for my SFF psu requirement.

chord DIY Self-Build Ukulele Kit
chord DIY Self-Build Ukulele Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor/rubbish, 14 Jan. 2017
Well, what can I say.....You can put it together, but try tuning it and you'll be there for days - it simply doesn't tune!

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 14 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
Excellent book. Easy to read and plenty of references for us 80's gaming kids. I've bought it as a present for a friend I liked it so much.

Eurosport Player
Eurosport Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope., 14 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Eurosport Player (App)
Didn't work and Eurosport support in Europe stinks. I've had to deal with them a couple of times now.

Post-it 76 x 76 mm Super Sticky Cube - Canary Yellow (Pack of 270 Sheets)
Post-it 76 x 76 mm Super Sticky Cube - Canary Yellow (Pack of 270 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 14 Jan. 2017
Not cheap, but SO much better than the copies out there. The paper is thick and the sticky stuff sticks ridiculously well but without leaving residue.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 14 Jan. 2017
A really robust device this, highly recommended.

niceeshop(TM) Black Camera Flashlight Hot Shoe Spirit Level Cover
niceeshop(TM) Black Camera Flashlight Hot Shoe Spirit Level Cover
Offered by niceEshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure it works well., 14 Jan. 2017
Hey, if you buy the right one for your camera (unlike me) I'm sure it was fine. Although I didn't use it.

Vic Firth Retractable Wire Heritage Brush - Purple
Vic Firth Retractable Wire Heritage Brush - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 14 Jan. 2017
Excellent. These are my second pair of brushes after buying a cheapy £10 set and then loosing them. I really feel that the mechanism which keeps the brushes 'locked in' when extended will keep working well, unlike the cheapy ones.
Worth the investment.