Profile for Doug > Reviews

Content by Doug
Top Reviewer Ranking: 248

Doug "Doug" (York, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Just Contempo 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover - Double, White
Just Contempo 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover - Double, White

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality cotton duvet cover..., 27 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made duvet cover, the stitching is good and the quality of the 200 thread count cotton is also very good.

The buttons are so much better than poppers, which I find fail with time, or simply come undone.

So, all in all, I cannot fault this cover, excellent.

Peak Design - the Everyday Messenger 15 - Charcoal
Peak Design - the Everyday Messenger 15 - Charcoal
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

5.0 out of 5 stars I just keep liking this bag more and more..., 27 Aug. 2016
I bought this bag on the Kickstarter launch, and was very worried that the whole thing would just be hype.

However this has to be THE best designed camera bag.

It is just so well made and so well designed.

From the smallest detail, the pockets for batteries and memory card have either a green zig zag stitch or red. One is for new, the other is for used or exhausted.

The strap is comfortable, there is room for an EOS 5D MKIII and three canon lenses, and much more.

The dividers are awesome, so you can pop a small lens in, fold the divider down and then pop another lens on top.

The fact you can also carry a tripod is the icing on the cake.

As for the price, well, it is not cheap but normally I buy bags (not that much cheaper) and then go off them, and end up buying another one, however after many months of use, I just like this bag more and more.

Belkin 3 m Lightning to USB Charge and Sync Cable for Apple iPad Pro/iPad Air 2/iPad Air/4th Gen/iPad Mini/iPad Mini Retina/iPhone SE/5/5s/5c/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus (MFI Approved) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great length, well made, heavy duty, brilliant cable., 27 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit I am a bit of a fan with regards to Belkin cables.

Belkin produce high quality cables, and this is no exception, it has a very sturdy and heavy duty feel to it.

I love the length of the cable, which I find very useful and convenient.

This is a very well made and have duty cable, I find that some manufacturers iPhone/ipad lightening cables are very light and thin they just do not last, this cable is built to last.

Recommended.

Command Large Mounting Refill Strips (6 Packs each containing 6 Strips)
Command Large Mounting Refill Strips (6 Packs each containing 6 Strips)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be faulted, the wonderful command system has just got better., 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love these command products.

They just work.

And there is no point having a removable hook (which just falls off the wall in my house with no damage at all when you pull the tag) if you cant pop the hook up somewhere else. You tend to get two sticky strips with each hook, but sometimes thats not enough.

That is where these come in, replacement strips, so there is no excuse - decorating, take the hooks down, paint, new sticky pads and the hooks are back up again. Perfect.

I cannot fault these - or indeed any of these products.

Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher
Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for when you are selling a car, but not very environmentally friendly, and the fragrance does not last., 22 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very interesting product.

I normally use a very discreet air freshener in the car that clips to the air vent.

However this does not clean and deodorise the system, it just fragrances the air.

This single use can goes right through the system to help keep the air fresh and is similar to some of the professional products on the market.

It works well, leaving the car with a pleasant fragrance, but this only lasts a few days, and so it is difficult to work out after a fortnight what you have gained from using this.

A single use aerosol also seems so wasteful, in particular when you consider the fuel used on tick over for 15 minutes while the product goes through the cars system.

Perfect for when you are selling a car, but otherwise I think I will stick to the clip ons for the air vents in the future, unless I am missing something.

Golden Swan Shaoxing Cooking Condiment 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Golden Swan Shaoxing Cooking Condiment 500 ml (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Would buy again without hesitation., 21 Aug. 2016
I have been using this in stir fry dishes, and it adds a similar taste to sherry.

I am delighted with the quality and the price, I find it particularly good when doing stir fry veg to deglaze the pan, and give a final steaming to the veg as it reduces to make a great sauce.

MISTO (R) TWIN SET STAINLESS STEEL OIL SPRAYERS - GREEN AND SILVER
MISTO (R) TWIN SET STAINLESS STEEL OIL SPRAYERS - GREEN AND SILVER
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, quick to fill, a joy to use., 21 Aug. 2016
I love these Misto oil and vinegar dispensers and particularly like the fact these are different colours.

So what is good about them?

1. You use a lot less oil, which is good for saving money and loosing weight, (two things I am trying to do!)
2. You can tell which is oil, and vinegar, I am using a good olive oil in the green one (as olive oil is greenish) and balsamic vinegar in the other.
3. You add a bit of oil (or vinegar) and then pump a few times and out comes a spray of oil or vinegar
4. A few squirts into a non stock pan does well, and it is so easy to spray a dressing on salads

If the spray comes out as an uber fine mist you have over pumped the bottle.

The bottles are easy to use, quick to fill, easy to wipe down and a joy to use.

Recommended.

Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so pleased I chose this brand., 20 Aug. 2016
I have just started to use this.

I am taking 2tbsp in a glass of cold water int he evening before going to bed, as I have read much online about its health giving benefits.

I chose RAW as I know the brand, and like the fact it is unpasteurised, and has the mother.

I do feel more energised, but am also taking lemon and fresh ginger as hot drink during the day and so it may be this, however people keep telling me how well I look since I started on this.

So, whether there is scientific evidence or not, I like it and I think it is doing me good.

The Complete Rob Bell: His Seven Bestselling Books, All in One Place
The Complete Rob Bell: His Seven Bestselling Books, All in One Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading collection of books that really challenges pre conceived ideas of the bible and the Christian faith, 20 Aug. 2016
Well, there can be fewer more controversial figures in the church today than Rob Bell.

I personally find his take on theology refreshing, he challenges me to take a fresh look at bible passages and principles and I feel my faith has deepened as a result.

I am delighted to have this collection on my Kindle, if you are looking for easy reading, but deeply thought provoking material to read, then this is the set for you.

Quad Lock iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus Poncho - Clear
Quad Lock iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus Poncho - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, and you can still use your phone., 20 Aug. 2016
This is excellent, it provides a rainproof cover for your iPhone.

I bought it to go with the bike mount, not realising the bike mount included the poncho, so please be warned and do not make my mistake.

Apart from that, it works well.

You can use your phone screen with it on, and it most certainly keeps the phone dry in a shower.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20