Profile for Camjohn > Reviews

Camjohn

35th Anniversary Collection
35th Anniversary Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Fond memories, 8 Aug. 2015
I was in my early teens when Cilla came onto the music scene and together with the Beatles, she was very much a part of my musical upbringing throughout the 60's. This CD, while not a comprehensive collection has a number of her hits that I remember with fondness. Mono and not digitally remastered, it has that rawness that I remember while listening to my old transistor radio. .

JDC Motorcycle Cover Waterproof - RAIN - XL
JDC Motorcycle Cover Waterproof - RAIN - XL
Offered by CMG Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that the cover was better than I had expected and the XL is just ..., 20 July 2014
The order arrived ahead of the predicted ETA and just in time for my 3 day trip, which was timely as it rained for most of the time! I have to say that the cover was better than I had expected and the XL is just perfect for my Burgman 650. It was easy to fit and it covered the whole bike including the screen in its fully raised position. The central strap which passes under the bike is quick to fasten and release, It has already withstood a few downpours and the bike has remained perfectly dry. All in all a very good purchase at a very competitive price.

Honeywell 22mm Mid Position Valve 1039
Honeywell 22mm Mid Position Valve 1039
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars The Heat Is On!, 21 Jun. 2014
Very competitive price especially for a Honeywell product! A like for like replacement so no plumbing changes. This replaces a Honeywell unit which has given me over 20 years service so hopefully this one will last as long!

Xscape
Xscape

4.0 out of 5 stars Xscape for a while, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Xscape (MP3 Download)
Been hearing "Love never felt so good" on the radio a lot so decided to take a look at the album. Some tracks are reminiscent of those on the "Off the Wall" album,that's probably why I like Xscape

Fly London Mol Women's Boots - Dark Brown, 3 UK
Fly London Mol Women's Boots - Dark Brown, 3 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bootiful, 27 Dec. 2012
I bought these for my daughter for Christmas. I knew that they would be OK because she had a pair just like them, which she loved. They fitted perfectly and she was really pleased as her old pair were showing signs of wear. They were really good value as similar pairs in the shops were much more expensive. They arrived in good time for Christmas too!

De'Longhi Dragon 3 TRD0820T Oil Filled Radiator with Timer, 2 kW
De'Longhi Dragon 3 TRD0820T Oil Filled Radiator with Timer, 2 kW

5.0 out of 5 stars A hot little number, 8 Nov. 2012
Before purchasing this item I read most of the reviews and found nothing that would put me off. Yes there was the slight oily smell when it was first switched on but that only lasted a couple of hours. The comment about the little tabs on the timer is correct, they need to be set in the opposite position to that stated in the instructions. Like a lot of the reviewers, I had bought this item for my newly built conservatory which is of modest size , being 4 metres by 3.6 metres. I set the thermostat to a moderate temperature (checked with a thermometer) of about 18 degrees C. With an outside temperature of around 6 degrees C, I have found that it is capable of heating the conservatory to this temperature in about 45-60 minutes. I have noted that for every 3 hours that the heater is used it is only drawing power for about 1 hour. This is with the power set at max (3) setting, so I assume that as its a 2 kW heater, it uses the equivalent of 0.66 kW per hour, while producing adequate heat throughout that time. Therefore if you look to see what you are paying for your electricity per kW hour, you should be able to work out what your costs are likely to be. All in all a very good purchase.

True Love Stories
True Love Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Jilted but not forgotten!, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: True Love Stories (MP3 Download)
I bought this for a bit of fun really and to give the youngsters at work a taste of something quirky that was around during the Punk era. They all loved it, especially the track "Jilted John" which was released as a single and performed on Top of the Pops. Listening to it now you realise that the lead singer John, (real name Graham Fellows), was really poking fun out of the whole Punk scene. Listening to the other tracks, each one of which tells a story of adolescent turmoil, you can't help but relate to some of your own experiences. The Paper boy song is a case in point. I think someone should start the Jilted John Appreciation Society!

Writing Desk Set
Writing Desk Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about., 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Writing Desk Set (Office Product)
I bought this as gift for my wife as she still likes to communicate the old fashioned way. However the set did not live up to expectations. The description and illustration gives no clue to the quality of the item or size of the contents. I was expecting something larger and a bit more tasteful. I would say that as a gift for a nine year old it might have been OK. More like a play set than a serious writing set. All that was missing were the Toy Town stamps!

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Whofantastic, 3 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This Greatest Hits album by The Who is one for all fans of 60's music, which will bring back memories of Keith's frenetic drumming and Pete smashing his guitar in the finale. It reminded me too of those joyous days riding my Lambretta on the way to Brighton. This CD which is full of great songs,is great value for money and one which I would recommend to anyone. Great packaging and great service from Amazon.