Profile for S. Stewart > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, 15 April 2015
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Its only taken about 40 years but I am a recent convert to Cheap Trick. I do have Lap of Luxury which I like but I wanted a cross section of their earlier work and boy they have some great songs. Surrender,Dream Police,She's tight and I can't take it are my favourites each are well written and performed songs and even a cover of Magical Mystery Tour is pretty good so if like me you need an introduction to Cheap Trick then this is a good place to start.

As It Is On Earth
As It Is On Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Return to form!, 15 April 2015
This review is from: As It Is On Earth (Audio CD)
What a comeback album! From the opener Deceit through to Glad to know at the end this is the best album released in 2013! I am not exaggerating when I say that. If like me you liked their first two albums but were dissapointed by the 3rd one then this is a return to form. The songs are great from the rock of Gluttony and I wish you well to the gentler Now I'm only dreaming and Bonnie & Clyde the band sound fantastic.

Where Are We Now?
Where Are We Now?

4.0 out of 5 stars Topnotch, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Where Are We Now? (MP3 Download)
Top song from a great album. Everything smacks quality-a great songwriter on top form with a great voice and brilliant sound.It doesn't get better!

Sonic Highways
Sonic Highways

5.0 out of 5 stars Highway to Heaven, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Sonic Highways (Audio CD)
Although only 8 tracks long there is a lot packed in here. Excellent songs all especially Something from nothing,Outside and In the clear but there are no duff tracks here. If you've seen the 'making of' films then you will know about the guest players here like Joe Walsh,Rick Neilson and more but this is definately one of the Foo's finest albums.

Physical Graffiti
Physical Graffiti

5.0 out of 5 stars Disc 1 fantastic!, Disc 2..., 15 April 2015
This review is from: Physical Graffiti (Audio CD)
It might well have been said before but I have to repeat-this album may well be Led Zep's pinnacle. I love all of their studio albums but you can honestly sit down with this one and be blown away by such high quality songs,sound and musicianship on almost every track here. Of course there are the ones we all know and love like In my time of dying,In the light,Trampled underfoot and the majestic Kashmir but there are also the maybe slightly lesser known but no lesser quality Custard pie,Night flight,The rover,Houses of the holy,Down by the seaside and the beautiful Bron-yr-Aur to name just a few. Like most folks though the reason to shell out again for this collection is the 'Companion' disc which promises much but sadly is not as interesting as it might have been. Firstly there are no new or previously unreleased tracks here(again as with most of the previous re-issues),just alternate versions of 7 tracks that were on the finished album,the most interesting is an early version of 'Sick again'. Where are the non LP tracks Mr. Page? 'Swan song' perhaps?

Cuts Like A Knife
Cuts Like A Knife

3.0 out of 5 stars A fair cut, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Cuts Like A Knife (Audio CD)
I used to have this on vinyl many moons ago so I got this on CD as kind of a nostalgia trip and it turned out not too bad. Some numbers like Take me back, I'm ready and the title track are up there with his best although the ballads are quite sickly so make use of your skip function!

Live at the Fillmore East December 28 & 29 2007
Live at the Fillmore East December 28 & 29 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Live long..., 15 April 2015
Really good live document of the Dolls line up that recorded the fantastic 'Someday...' and later 'Coz I sez so' although most of the numbers here are the oldies from the 70's but this line up are far better players. The sound is ok but this is New York Dolls not Bon Jovi so no danger of being too slick.

Naked Baby Photos
Naked Baby Photos
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars so/so, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Naked Baby Photos (Audio CD)
An odd collection of out-takes,b-sides and live cuts released after just their 2nd album so u get what u would expect,a few gems but sadly quite a lot of misses. Eddie Walker, an early version of Jackson Cannery,Tom & Mary,Emaline,Bad idea plus one or 2 of the live ones are good but Satan is my master and The ultimate sacrifice are not funny on even on second listen so half a good album is as good as I can say.

Men's Enigmma Designer Fashion 'Vive Le Rock' Grey T Shirt: Medium
Men's Enigmma Designer Fashion 'Vive Le Rock' Grey T Shirt: Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 15 April 2015
I've wanted a t-shirt with 'Vive le rock' on it since I saw Sid Vicious pictured wearing one and here it is! Excellent service and great shirt!

Houses Of The Holy [Deluxe CD Edition]
Houses Of The Holy [Deluxe CD Edition]

4.0 out of 5 stars That said he is/was the guitar player in the best band ever, 2 Nov. 2014
The 5th album. Twice. Well almost. Yes the remastering job on the album as was is top notch but the whole point of this project for me was the 'companion' discs but as with the 4th album what we get here is the album all over again(except D'yer Mak'er) in slightly different mix/instumental form which is a dissapointment as I along with probably many others wanted 'new' or at least previously officially unreleased songs. There is probably a whole albums worth of totally unreleased Led Zep material on 'unofficial' cds/LPs so why is there so little of it coming out? Answers please Mr. Page? That said he is/was the guitar player in the best band ever!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2014 6:04 PM GMT