Profile for Paolo > Reviews

Paolo

A Prairie Home Companion [OST]
A Prairie Home Companion [OST]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, great performance, 26 April 2013
I loved the film but I somehow never thought of buying the soundtrack. Some weeks ago my mother watched the film for the first time and told me how much he liked the music, so I immediately gifted this CD to her.
I'm very pleased about the recording quality -- all the nuances of the live performance are captured. Some interludes are also present.
If you liked the film, you'll love this CD.
If you never watched it, but you like country music, you'll love this CD.

N.W.A Greatest Hits
N.W.A Greatest Hits
Offered by THE READERZ3 WAREHOUSE - From the edge of The New Forest, England

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound quality, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: N.W.A Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I don't love all of the songs on this album, but the average quality is high. I bought this mainly because of "100 miles and running" which I find amazing.
I was kind of fed up of the modern hip hop, as in the recent years more and more rappers don't rhyme on the beat's flow. My ears bleed when I hear those atrocious crimes. So I needed to go back and listen to something from what I believe is the golden period.
My favourites are Public Enemy, Run DMC, Ice Cube, Ice T, Cypress Hill and Snoop Dogg. I almost forgot Lords of the Underground. I admit I never listened much to N.W.A, and now I regret it.
This album contains a nice booklet with lots of information on the tracks and on the band. The recording quality is high; the bass frequencies are there but they're not overwhelming, so you can crank up the volume and still pick up the nuances.
If you're into 90s hip hop, this is a must-buy.

Miami Vice: Seasons 1 And 2 [DVD]
Miami Vice: Seasons 1 And 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Brown
Offered by i want one of those

3.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles on season 2, 13 Oct. 2011
The only big letdown is that on season 2 there no subtitles. It's not exactly easy to understand all the conversations, for a non-native english speaker.
I fear now that subtitles were made for season 1 only, which includes different languages.