Profile for Andy C > Reviews

Vitrex 10 2952 Mosaic Adhesive Trowel with 4mm Square Notch
Vitrex 10 2952 Mosaic Adhesive Trowel with 4mm Square Notch
Offered by Transtools

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for left-handed use, despite the photo., 8 Aug. 2016
I've not actually bought or used this, but I thought I'd post in case anyone was looking for a left-handed suitable trowel. This is not it.
The photo shows a trowel with serrations on the top and the left hand edge (from the point of view of someone holding it out in front of them, the right way up) - giving the impression that it's for left-handed use.
The manufacturer's website shows that the serrations are actually on the top and the right hand edge, making it suitable for right-handed use only.

LTP MPG Sealer Porcelain, Marble, Granite (1 LITRE)
LTP MPG Sealer Porcelain, Marble, Granite (1 LITRE)
Offered by Tiling Logistics

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible stuff., 25 Jan. 2016
I bought this to seal polished porcelain tiles. I'd read that ideally you should use LTP Grimex to remove any waxes or grease on the tile from the factory before applying MTP.
Wanting to do a good job, I went out and bought some Grimex and cleaned all the tiles before they were installed.
I then applied this as per the instructions.
I waited 10 minutes (less than the 20 advised) and went to wipe it off.
The product left a horrible greasy finish - indicative of over-application or being left too long according to the bottle. Neither of which I feel apply in my case.
I then had to use neat Grimex to remove all traces from the tiles.
Lesson learned: test on one tile first.
I haven't bothered reapplying the MTP as I'm concerned it'll do the same again.
Don't know what else I could have done?

Duck Original Cloth Tape - Silver - 50mm x50m
Duck Original Cloth Tape - Silver - 50mm x50m

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy Gorilla Tape instead., 13 Oct. 2015
Expensive and poor performance.
I've tried to use this to seal and reinforce cardboard boxes, but on each occasion it's come away after a couple of hours.
The surfaces have been clean, dry and warm but still no adhesion.
Gorilla Tape will stick anything to anything, so buy that instead.

Akasa AK-HDA-03 2.5-3.5-Inch SSD/HDD Adapter
Akasa AK-HDA-03 2.5-3.5-Inch SSD/HDD Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no screw holes in the base..., 8 Sept. 2015
Good quality item, but there are no screw holes in the base of this adapter.
This means it's no good for a Lenovo E73 tower as the screw holes in the empty bay are designed to line up with the holes in the bottom of a 3.5" drive, not the holes in the side.

TFA Dostmann Zoom 30.304 Radio-Controlled Thermometer
TFA Dostmann Zoom 30.304 Radio-Controlled Thermometer
Offered by Wetterladen - Freizeit- und Sportartikel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good., 22 Aug. 2015
This lasted all of five days before an electrical fault took out the remote sender and both batteries.
Not good.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Makita D-21200 SDS Plus Drill and Chisel Set, 17 pc.
Makita D-21200 SDS Plus Drill and Chisel Set, 17 pc.
Offered by JT Atkinson T/A Trade Supplies Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality at a great price, 9 July 2015
This set is great value for money, and having had the opportunity to test the drill bits and chisels in anger over the last 12 months, I can confirm that it's good quality too.
The toughest job that I've used it for was breaking up a concrete path and digging down to lay a new water main which involved chopping through bricks and flints underground.
It did this with relative ease and with no bending or noticeable blunting afterwards.
Would recommend without hesitation.

Bahco 302-35 8 - 35 mm Tube Cutter
Bahco 302-35 8 - 35 mm Tube Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts through MDPE (unofficially), 21 April 2015
I bought this for cutting copper tube, and as a copper-cutter, it's great - solid construction and doesn't slip along the pipe as it's turned.
I also needed to cut 32mm MDPE (plastic) pipe for a new water supply and it did this job perfectly too.
You need to be gentle though;
Place the pipe cutter on the pipe so that it's only just biting it. Run the cutter around a few times so you've got a 'pilot line'. Twist the handle very slightly on each subsequent rotation, taking your time, gradually eating away at the plastic and you'll be left with a very clean, straight cut.
Job done.
If you tighten it too much initially the cutter will just veer off course and it won't work.

Pack of 10 - Megaman Modo 11W Energy Saving GU10 Spot Bulb Warm White - BR2711i
Pack of 10 - Megaman Modo 11W Energy Saving GU10 Spot Bulb Warm White - BR2711i

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 19 Sept. 2013
I bought these bulbs to replace 3 conventional halogen GU10s in my kitchen and 4 in my upstairs hallway.
I'd previously tried LED GU10s from LEDhut and found that they interfered with my DAB radio signal to the point of not being able to listen to it any more, so I had to return them.
Then I bought these. No more interference, but unfortunately I'm not particularly impressed overall. The bulb has a very short base (the Amazon picture is accurate - I should have spotted it before ordering), meaning that the terminals don't reach the ceramic bulb holder in either of my Wickes light fittings, due to the body of the bulb fouling the fitting. I modified the light fitting and got them to fit. It then became apparent that they take around a minute to warm up - much longer than all my other energy saving bulbs - and the colour temperature is much more 'cool white' than the 'warm white' described.
I've had CFLs from Megaman before and know that they are fairly well regarded, but these are a disappointment.

Pack of 5 - Megaman Modo 11W Energy Saving GU10 Spot Bulb Warm White - BR2711i