Profile for Colin Mair > Reviews

Colin Mair (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information, 26 Sept. 2013
I want a switch for backing up the pump in my cellar. The one fitted has been very reliable, but if there were a power failure for more than a few hours, or if my pump fails, I would like to have a battery backup. I have the battery, charger and pump. Now I just need a switch. There are lots of float switches, but all I have seen so far either have almost no deadband or have two separate switches for a top and bottom level. What I want is a switch that switches on at the top and off at the bottom. This switch seemed as though it might have a suitable adjustment, as it has two floats. But there is not enough information about it in the on-line description. I took a punt, as it was not too costly. It probably will not do what I want. But the most disappointing thinkg is that there are no instructions with the product. I contacted the company, asking whether there should have been instructions, and, if so, to send them to me. I have had no reply. Very poor service!

Merchant Gourmet Dried Puy Lentils 500 g (Pack of 6)
Merchant Gourmet Dried Puy Lentils 500 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Hallmark Range Hampers

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy these online?, 26 Sept. 2013
I tried all the supermarkets nearby, and I expected that at least Waitrose would have Puy lentils. But no. Hence my order. The delivery was fairly prompt, and the quality seems fine. Six packs seems a lot, but they should keep long enough. The price seems quite fair.

Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13 mm
Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective product, 19 July 2013
There is a good range of sizes, and one fits my kitchen mixer tap. They are long enough to fit quite easily with sufficient access to turn. Good value, because they work.

15x Water Filter Cartridges (classic, non-refillable) Aqua Select, Brita* classic
Offered by Aqua Select UK Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value yet, 19 July 2013
They fit my old Brita classic jug. I have so far used just one, and it is lasting well. It seems to be as good as the Brita originals. And the price is excellent.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Jan. 2013
Arrived promptly. Good instructions, with a wide range of recipes and functionality. We have made white, rye, wholemeal and 50/50 loaves, all turning out perfectly. Highly recommended.

Crompton Fireglow 60 Watt 60mm Diameter Light Bulbs Lamp Bayonet BC B22 Fitting
Crompton Fireglow 60 Watt 60mm Diameter Light Bulbs Lamp Bayonet BC B22 Fitting
Offered by Dealsdirect247

4.0 out of 5 stars Fulfils function, 25 Jan. 2013
Arrived promptly. Is not of course a low-energy product, but is specifically suitable for my purpose, which was to replace blown bulbs in an electric fire. Works well.

Lichfield Leather Gents Wallet Style 2039
Lichfield Leather Gents Wallet Style 2039
Offered by Smiths of Sevenoaks

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, 16 Nov. 2012
I have had a similar design of wallet for about 20 years, and it has finally started to crack. So I knew the design I was looking for. This wallet is a little larger than my old one, but still fits easily in my trouser side pocket. Its 8 card slots are still a little tight, but I am sure they will ease with use. It holds notes completely, and has three note compartments across the whole width - useful for two currencies plus receipts. The finish and quality seem excellent, and I confidently look forward to using it for the next 20 years.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 1 Nov. 2012
I chose my Epson SX415 printer because of the availability of replacement cartridges at a good price. I have not been disappointed. The quality of print (including A6 photos) is very good. The cartridges last quite well, and after around 100 photos, for example, the printer comes up with the message, "cannot recognise cartridge". At this point I replace all four cartridges, which takes only a couple of minutes.

Designer Habitat - Contemporary Chrome Single Lever Mono Kitchen Sink Basin Mixer Tap Faucet

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 25 April 2012
My old tap was almost identical in design, and had started to leak. But it would have been difficult to identify the correct replacement disc, so I looked for a replacement tap. I was amazed to find this product at such a good price - so it was a no-brainer to purchase this rather than try to find a disc. It was delivered promptly and had all the necessary fitting parts (though no instructions). It was easy to fit and works very well. Its throughput is less than my old tap, but I think this is by design, to save water. I find this perfectly acceptable.

What Sweeter Music: Songs and Carols for Christmas
What Sweeter Music: Songs and Carols for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Peerless Singing, 31 Dec. 2011
Good selection of popular and traditional, old and new carols, all exquisitely sung. This choir must rank in the top handful in the world at the moment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4