Profile for Not an expert > Reviews

Content by Not an expert

Not an expert

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Quantek 3-in-1 Emergency Power Cut Light, Rechargeable Torch & Automatic Night Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea., 30 Dec. 2015
Brilliant idea. Provides a useful night light, and a good safety light in the event of mains power failure. I installed it on an upstairs landing near the stairs. Simple - just open the box and plug it in. Impressed with the result, so I am buying another one for a different area of the house.

RAVPower® Luster 6000mAh Portable Battery Charger (Power Bank, iSmart 2.1A Output, LED Indicator, Flashlight) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is claimed - very useful item., 17 May 2015
I bought this to extend the battery life of my mobile phone when travelling away from mains availability. It is convenient to carry (small and light), and does exactly what is claimed - it will recharge my mobile twice, which extends its battery life to 3x normal. Happy happy.

Medipaq® Super-Soft Gel Heel Cup Supports (2 x PAIRS) - Walk More Comfortably, All Day Long! Instant Pain Relief for Tired Feet and Damaged Heels.
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful even without a specific heel problem., 17 May 2015
I do not have a particular problem with my heels, but my ankle bones are irritated by the sides of the shoe opening. I wanted a way to raise my heels (and therefore ankle bones) by a few millimetres, to give move clearance. I tried these heel cups as an experiment, and they sorted this problem. Testing them on an extended walk, there was an unexpected bonus - they are very comfortable, so I bought some more for my shoes which do not have the ankle bone problem.

AEG Portable CD Player - Blue
AEG Portable CD Player - Blue
Offered by LB INTL

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable CD player., 10 Feb. 2015
Having read other reviews about different coloured versions of this CD player, I was not sure what to expect. Now I have used it for a week or so, I am very pleased with it. I works as it is supposed to, it is quiet in operation, the buttons have a positive feel, and the output (to a Bluetooth sender) is good quality (mainly speech). I am using it with Ni-MH batteries (which the specification does not mention) without any problem. I agree with other reviewers that the batteries are a bit fiddly to install, but the snug fit means that they are held tight when the unit is moved so do not generate mechanical or electrical noise - this is a positive, not a negative. (It does have a 'hold' switch, to stop inadvertent switch operation when in motion, whether in use or when packed in a case. Obviously this switch must be 'off' for the unit to operate).

EARSON 3.5MM Jack Black Waterproof Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker For ipod iphone4/4s/5 Samsung Galaxy NoteII S3 S4 Smartphone PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Portable Speaker, 26 Nov. 2014
I have used this device for a few weeks before commenting. It has been used mainly for speech, some music, and at moderate volume.

Pros.-
Positive mechanical 'on-off' switch, under a cover.
Bluetooth paired easily; it "remembered" more than one device, and re-connected reliably.
Remarkable sound (speech) for such a small device.
When paired with a (10 metre rated) sender, it received reliably through a stud-wall plus 3 metres.
Two speakers - although close together, definitely worth having.
Battery lasted 8+ hours with intermittent use and moderate volume.
Has a 3.5 mm input for cable (provided) connection.
Recharging took less than 2 hours.

Cons. -
Manual not very useful (hence only 4 stars). BUT, if you are familiar with pairing and using Bluetooth devices (with red and blue lights), then it works in the standard way.
The box and manual both refer to ER-151. The device label and the Bluetooth ID show as SL-8903-BKGN.
I could not find either reference on the manufacturers website.

The 'Pros.' far outweigh the 'Cons.', so I am happy with the result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Result, 26 Nov. 2014
Having had so many bad results from other manufacturers (seat not secure, and soft-close failing), I have waited a clear month before commenting.

The seat came with two sets of fixings - one set for top, and one set for bottom fixing, and clear instructions. I chose to use the top fixings, because they looked more secure. Following the instructions, installation was straightforward, although adjusting to fit the seat was the usual fiddle.

After 2 weeks, the seat had moved a small amount (just visible), so I tightened the fixings. It has been okay since then. The soft close mechanism is working well. The seat is easily removable for cleaning.

This is the best result I have had over 5+ years and trying many seats from other manufacturers. GOOD RESULT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sealing clips., 19 July 2014
I have used these for several weeks, and they DO survive the freezer. Very good value for money.

Classica 2kg White Aquarium Fish Tank Gravel Substrate
Classica 2kg White Aquarium Fish Tank Gravel Substrate
Offered by Heritage Pet Products

5.0 out of 5 stars White gravel., 19 July 2014
I bought this to enhance some potted cactus plants (as a top dressing). Very pleased with the resulting appearance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tape-to mp3., 19 July 2014
When this first arrived, I was a bit disappointed with the 'clunkiness' of the controls, and the mechanical and electrical noise. I persevered with it, and after a couple of hours, the controls eased, and the mechanical and electrical noise reduced to an acceptable level. I have used it with a Bluetooth transmitter to play through external speakers, with good result. I have used the USB output to transfer tape-to-mp3 (I did not use the included software, as I already use Audacity 2.0.5). The L&R channels were not well matched, but Audacity can correct this, and reduce most residual noise - reasonable result. In view of the price, I think it is good value for money, and worth taking a chance to see if you like it.

Epson Original T0806 Light Magenta Ink Cart
Epson Original T0806 Light Magenta Ink Cart

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson ink cartridge., 19 July 2014
Arrived promptly, and is definitely a genuine original Epson product, and at a good price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5