Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David

The Bluffer's Guide to Etiquette (Bluffer's Guides)
The Bluffer's Guide to Etiquette (Bluffer's Guides)
by William Hanson

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I Know More, 9 Feb. 2014
I received The Bluffer's Guide to Etiquette from the publisher as an ebook file which was easy to download to a reader.

The Bluffer's Guide to Etiquette is a short book that's full of humor and historical information about the ins and outs of manners and etiquette in the upper echelons of society. With dry British humor, Hanson explains how to dress in white tie, morning dress, and in other dress codes.

I enjoyed the history behind many of the social customs such as the place setting of a formal dinner. For example, I did not know that at one time, the salad fork was placed above the dinner plate, but then was moved to the side because the crest-shaped salad bowl is now placed above the dinner plate. Of course, I never knew that the formal salad bowl is crest-shaped to begin with...I also didn't know the rules about the dinner glasses either.

Overall, I enjoyed The Bluffer's Guide to Etiquette. I feel a bit more knowledgeable about social etiquette, and my vocabulary has expanded.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 8:17 PM GMT