Profile for True Reader > Reviews

Content by True Reader

True Reader (London, England)

Flat Out, Flat Broke: Formula 1 The Hard Way
Flat Out, Flat Broke: Formula 1 The Hard Way
by Perry McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 July 2007
I knew before reading the book that Perry tried to qualify for F1 races in the Andrea Moda. At that time, I just thought he was one of those drivers without any talent who tried to make it in the F1 without any success.

The book however gave a total different view of Perry. I'm not sure if he had the talent to become one of the top F1 drivers, but he definitely had determination to make it into F1.

Despite all the setbacks, Perry never lost one thing: humour! And that makes the book a very good read.

Clarkson on Cars
Clarkson on Cars
by Jeremy Clarkson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other Clarkson books, 6 July 2007
This review is from: Clarkson on Cars (Paperback)
I was really disappointed with this book. The main reason is that these columns are set in the mid 80's / early 90's. It's not up to date and you really need to put yourself back to the timeframe in the UK. Because I'm not born here and not that old, I often don't see the fun of the columns here. I started reading this book a couple of months ago, but I'm still not half way.

I just stick to the recent books of Jeremy Clarkson.

Worth More Dead (Ann Rule's Crime Files)
Worth More Dead (Ann Rule's Crime Files)
by Ann Rule
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for true crime fans, 6 July 2007
The stories in the book are well researched, well detailed and very well written. She knows how to keep your attention and there's not a single boring moment in it. When reading the book, it's like watching a crime programm on television thanks to the attention to detail and the way it's written. Pictures of the murderers and their victims make the book complete.
It's my first book of Ann Rule and I will definitely order more of her books.

If you like true crime, you will like this book!