Profile for After Thought > Reviews

Content by After Thought

After Thought (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
HeroBeam® LED Lantern - 2016 Technology emits 300 LUMENS! - Collapsible Tough Lamp - Great Light for Camping, Fishing, Car, Shed, Garage - 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Offered by Best Buddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lantern, 4 Feb. 2016
Everybody falls in love with this little lantern as soon as they see it. I keep it in the car and use it for walking about in the countryside at night. The kids also use it as a light for reading. It has a lovely old fashioned style - like a storm lantern- but with amazingly bright modern LEDs. It is so comfy to carry and easy to switch on and off. Its the best lantern I've tried.

DRIVE Car Bin - Best Auto Trash Bag for Rubbish, FREE Waste Basket Liners - Hanging Recycle Garbage Can is Universal, Waterproof Organizer Makes a Great Drink Cooler & Road Trip Gift - 100% Guaranteed!
Offered by Drive Auto Products UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product, 4 Feb. 2016
Brilliant bin to prevent my car filling up with wrappers from the kids. The kids love using it as its such a gadget. The bags are good - even slight liquid spills are contained. Now I fancy buying another one to keep in the front with me!

Teacher role play pack for pretend play includes Register, Stickers, Weather Chart etc
Offered by Wannabees

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for role play!, 21 Nov. 2014
This was bought as a Christmas present for my seven year old daughter. She hasn't seen it yet, obviously, but I am really impressed by it and I think it will very much appeal to her. She loves playing schools and this kit has so much to make it more interesting and realistic. I will definitely be buying the doctor pack once she has worked her way through this one. Brilliant product - fantastic idea!

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Banish Fat Boost Metabolism [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to follow and really tough, 15 May 2010
Great cardio workout which lasts 45 minutes plus warm up and cool down time. I workout to DVDs 4 times per week but this had me unable to sit down after the first try due to very sore muscles. I think the stretches at the end of the workout aren't great for hamstrings so I add some extra. What is very satisfying is that the moves are controlled and well paced. It is easy to keep up. Yet the heart rate is pumping and you are catching your breath and sweating buckets by the middle of the 2nd circuit. At this point Jillian says "we're not even half way through this yet!" She knows its tough but she is proof that the intense workout gets results. If you watch this through without actually trying the exercises it looks pretty easy - don't be fooled!

Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]
Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good workout for both men and women, 13 Jan. 2010
I am of intermediate fitness and have already lost 2 stones since July 09 by combining a healthy diet with exercise DVDs (4 sessions of exercise per week). I wanted a break from my regular DVDs as I knew the moves with my eyes shut and felt that my body was not getting pushed enough. For info I usually work out to Letitia Dean, Charlie Brooks and Billy Blanks Tae Bo.

The Hannah Waterman DVD is great fun. The moves are incredibly simple so you can concentrate on working hard rather than following complicated dance moves. The trainer is very likable and down to earth. The moves change quickly so you don't get too bored or tired of one exercise. The music is upbeat and funky. The best thing about this DVD is that my husband (who is very fit) enjoys it and can follow it. It gives him a really good workout and its great fun to do together.

So far I tend to do 2 of the sections (Cardio Blitz and Tone Blitz) followed by the Abs and Cool down. This is very tiring but gives me a good post-exercise high (which I never used to get!) On occasion I have completed the entire DVD (all 4 sections) which is a very intense workout.

If you are looking to lose weight and increase your fitness this is a great buy. Keep working at it and you will definitely see results.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2010 12:18 PM BST

Letitia Dean's Lean Routine [DVD]
Letitia Dean's Lean Routine [DVD]
Dvd ~ Letitia Dean
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fat Burning/Cardio Workout, 23 Oct. 2009
I enjoyed the Charlie Brooks Before and After Workout with trainer Dee Thresher and bought this one to add some variety to my workouts. I have lost weight and toned up with the Charlie Brooks DVD and the Letitia Lean Routine continues the good work. It is split into 4 sections of 15 minutes each. Although the sections are given titles which relate to specific areas of the body, the workout is really just cardio and interval training designed to burn fat. This is, of course, a good thing as you will lose fat from the areas you are toning up. But don't be fooled into thinking that the section on Bingo Wings is just a strengthening workout for your arms - it is actually 15 minutes of jumping up and down aerobic exercise where you happen to move your arms a lot.

If you haven't exercised in a while I would recommend the Charlie Brooks DVD as a better place to start out. Letitia's Lean Routine is definitely faster and more aerobic than the Charlie Brooks version. The sit ups are more intense in the Letitia DVD and also focus more on the waist and the middle (muffin) part of the tummy. The stomach exercises in the Charlie Brooks DVD focus more on the lower tummy. Once you are used to the Charlie Brooks DVD and can complete the High Intensity section without having to stop then I would recommend alternating with the Letitia DVD. This seems to have helped speed up my fat loss. It is clear that the trainer, Dee Thresher, is much more out of breath in the Letitia DVD and so I think the Letitia routine is better if you have a larger amount of fat to lose.

On a personal note, I found the music, setting, outfits, style etc of the Charlie Brooks DVD a lot more pleasing. Charlie comes across as very normal and down to earth. Letitia seems rather "luvvie" and is constantly smiling through gritted teeth. Who cares though? So long as they help me to shift the flab I will watch anyone!

With regards to learning steps and routines, Letitia doesn't feature any difficult steps but there is not much preparation for new moves so you have to learn quickly. More time is given to getting the moves right in the Charlie Brooks DVD.

I have been doing the routines for 10 weeks now, not following any particular diet but cutting down on cakes/butter etc, and I have lost 1 stone. I feel a lot fitter and stronger and have even managed to lose my double chin!

Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Charlie Brooks
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 31 Aug. 2009
I bought this DVD due to its endearing appeal and consistently good reviews. I have been doing the work out 4 times per week for one month now and I have noticed great results. I am 2 stone overweight following the birth of my daughter nearly two years ago. I have tried lots of diets to shed the fat but nothing really inspired me as the weight loss seemed so slow - as if the damn flab was super-glued to my middle. Using this DVD for a month I have dropped a dress size (from size 16 to size 14) and lost 7 pounds. My body is a noticeably better shape - less like a dairy cow, more like a woman! I have been eating healthily while doing the DVD but I still have treats if I'm out for dinner/lunch etc so I'm no angel when it comes to food.

The workout takes an hour and I think the whole DVD needs to be done in order to get good results quickly. It took me about three attempts to master all the moves and about 2 weeks before I could complete the High Intensity section without stopping to catch my breath. The footage of Charlie pre and post work out is incredibly inspiring. The best thing about this workout is that I enjoy it. The trainer and Charlie seem very down to earth and friendly. There is a really good supportive atmosphere throughout. This is something which is hard to find in a home workout. If I'm lucky I can do this DVD while my daughter has an afternoon nap. If I'm unlucky I do it in the evening - its totally worth it.

With regard to the actual exercises - I find that my whole body has been worked out but with no unpleasant aches the next day. In particular the routines seem to work the core muscles around the waist and stomach which is really helpful post childbirth (especially following a c-section). The cool down pilates section is particularly good for re-discovering lost stomach muscles.

The other great thing about this DVD is that nobody sees me bouncing up and down in my shorts so I feel more free to concentrate on getting the moves right and less worried about whether my flab is showing.

I am happily continuing with this DVD and hope to see more weight loss and a trimmer silouhette as the year progresses.

Justin Fletcher Sings Something Special
Justin Fletcher Sings Something Special

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats Justin!, 15 Jun. 2009
All the best songs from the Something Special (studio) series. Easy to learn and sing along to. Not too annoying in the car. Lots of language for little ones.

Dimity Dumpty: Daughter of the Circus
Dimity Dumpty: Daughter of the Circus
by Bob Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and Quirky, 15 Jun. 2009
A beautifully offbeat tale for children. The illustrations are quaint and witty. A lovely book for adults to read with their children. The central character is shy and not fond of the limelight so may be especially good for teaching children about shyness and humility.

Zoggs Kids Float Bands Arm Bands children Orange Orange - Orange Size:1-3 Years
Zoggs Kids Float Bands Arm Bands children Orange Orange - Orange Size:1-3 Years
Offered by Direct 4 Baby

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Size information, 15 Jun. 2009
These armbands are far too big for my 20 month old daughter and she is in the 91st centile for weight and height. My sister has found the same problem with her 2 year old. I think these bands are more suitable for 3 years +. The smaller size zogs are not suitable due to weight restrictions.

Page: 1 | 2