Profile for Edd Douse > Reviews

Edd Douse

Sony MDR-ZX770BN Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black and Blue
Sony MDR-ZX770BN Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black and Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably would be great, if they worked, 9 Dec. 2016
After one 'missing' delivery and another late one, I finally got to use these headphones.

Unfortunately, the sound is pathetic, no bass and 'gritty' mid-range. The bluetooth works well, but the phones don't actually charge.
No matter what they are plugged in to and no matter how long you leave them. The red charging light just turns off within a minute.

I doubt this is typical for the headset, unfortunately Sony support doesn't seem to want to help and Amazon can't do much. While normally I'd try an exchange, Amazon's inability to deliver items properly (every 'Pass my Parcel' delivery has either been late, damaged, or missing) I'm just going to go for a refund

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced at all, 12 Aug. 2016
While the product arrived in time and is quite nicely presented, I find I must mark it down on two key points.

1. The claim of "5 shades whiter in 5 days" is just redunculous. I have used it for 8 days and am barely 1 shade whiter.

2. The instructions let it down. While the teeth whitening section is easy enough to follow, the remineralisation section has just been tacked on at the end, with very poor English.

Seeing as I appear to be one of the few people who didn't receive a free or discounted pack for a review, I'm forced to ask now unbiased the others are.

Kensington Orbit Optical Wired USB Trackball Mouse with Scroll Ring for PC and Mac - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Just a let down, 1 Feb. 2016
I used to use Kensington Trackball mice and I figured I'd get another - this time I chose to get one with scroll functionality; this was my mistake.

The mouse in general is fine, the trackball accurate and easy to control, the buttons work well and aren't too far apart. However, no matter how good the mouse is, the scroll wheel is just shocking. It feels like someone has simply dumped a plastic ring over the trackball. It's lose, feels like there is sand under it and has not once managed to scroll a page smoothly.

Any attempt to scroll up or down results in a page flickering and jumping back to the same place. If you hold the scroll wheel down, you get a more consistent and smooth scroll but not always. Considering the price you pay, it's not worth it at all.

I am very disappointed with this device.

Cateck Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub with 11 inch Shielded Cable for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac Mini, PCs and Laptops
Offered by Cateck Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great but not terrible., 1 Feb. 2016
The device arrived on time, it was packaged in a simple bag without any protection so I suppose I'm lucky it wasn't damaged. I first thought that it was plastic when I opened it up, but it is in fact aluminium as advertised. It is quite light and so moves around the desk quite easily, plugging anything into it that's on a cable, such as a mouse or keyboard, just make the hub tilt so it won't sit flat. It could really have done with some kind of means to fix it to the desk.

There also appears to be an issue with the hub as any mouse I plug into it, freezes after about a minute of use. I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in each time to restore function. This does not happen with the mouse plugged directly into the computer also I have to admit that this issue does not appear to impact the keyboard.

All round I suppose it's not bad for the price, although I'll be buying another that is a bit more sturdy. This will probably end up in my laptop bag as I won't get too upset if it's damaged

MacBook Pro Retina 13 Case, GMYLE Hard Case Print Frosted for MacBook Pro 13 inch with Retina display - Galaxy Pattern Rubber Coated Hard Shell Case Cover (Not Fit for Macbook Pro 13 inch A1278)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case but the colours could be improved., 15 Sept. 2015
A good case with perfect fit. My only 'issue', if you can call it that, is the fact that the black parts are not very black; this gives the case a slightly faded appearance rather than what I expected by the picture.

If the colours had been richer, it would have 5 stars.

It is still the case design you want though. Really does give the protection it states, fits perfectly with no movement and raises the laptop slightly for improved airflow.

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 8: Renegades
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 8: Renegades

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Broadcast Yet!, 6 April 2014
Yet another staggering book from Randy. I really don't know how he does it time after time. The depth of characters, the flowing and intertwining story lines.

The tenth book from the Spinward opera does not disappoint.

I can't recommend this book and the series enough.

Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow 1)
Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly staggaring, 24 July 2012
This book was actually recommended by Linus Torvalds on a post he made. Having just finished reading through another book series, I was looking for something new to tide me over until the sequal; I picked this up and just didn't stop reading it.

The pace is clear and fast, the characters have depth and difference. I truly admire the author for his ability to bring a relevant take on such a fictional genre. Everything topic covered in the book has happened in our history, we have had blind followers and soldiers of Faith, we've had genocide, we've had Witch trials.. but to see all topics covered in a single world and time, with a single focus point (Vaelin); you get to observe the effects, shames and irrational behaviour that must have been experienced by people at those times in our own history.

I can't wait for the second book.

Well done to the Anthony Ryan, well done