Profile for Michael E > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Miracle-Gro All Purpose Concentrated Liquid Plant Food Bottle, 1 L
Miracle-Gro All Purpose Concentrated Liquid Plant Food Bottle, 1 L

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 15 Aug. 2017
Seems okay. I have plants scattered all around my house so I wanted some plant feed to give to them every now and again. You do get a lot for your money. I basically have a little watering can and I mix a cup of this in there to dilute it down.

EverGreen Complete 4-in-1 Lawn Care Bag, 12.6 kg Plus 10% Free
EverGreen Complete 4-in-1 Lawn Care Bag, 12.6 kg Plus 10% Free

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 15 Aug. 2017
I'm a bit sceptical whether or not any lawn feed actually does anything. I still seem to have as much weeds in my grass as I did before and my grass doesn't really look any greener.

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy etc (Black with Volume Control and Mic)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months., 15 Aug. 2017
I seem to be buying earphones every other month these days as they never seem to be as good quality. The sound on these is okay quality - I have heard a lot worse, microphone works quite well. Unfortunately, after two months, the left earphone stopped working completely. The seller has agreed to send me a new set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2017 9:24 PM BST

Regaine For Men Hair Regrowth Foam 3x 73 ml - Three Months Supply
Regaine For Men Hair Regrowth Foam 3x 73 ml - Three Months Supply

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work., 15 Aug. 2017
When I turned 31 last year, I noticed my hair was thinning out. At the start of this year, it thinned out even more quickly so I had a look to see if I could find something that would help. I got the 3-month supply pack and honestly, it didn't do anything at all for me. It also didn't last 3 months. I got maybe 9 weeks before I completely ran out of it and I was using small doses.

NETGEAR D7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band 600 + 1300 Mbps Wireless (Wi-Fi) VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, YouView, TalkTalk, EE and Plusnet Fibre)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good router with fast AC speeds, 9 July 2017
Had the Netgear router since March. Up to then, I was still using the Technicolor 582n router for Fibre broadband from Plusnet. The Plusnet supplied router was fine and it did the job. I very rarely had any problems with it but it didn't have ac wifi so it's speeds were always so limited. Most of my devices these days seem to have ac wifi and after I got a PS4, I noticed the download speeds were way too slow on n wifi - especially when you're downloading gigabytes and gigabytes of games. So I looked into getting a new router. It came down to between the Netgear D7000 and the TP-Link C9/VR900. What really swayed me towards the Netgear was the speeds of the USB port. I read benchmarks and the Netgear had the edge on the TP-Link when it came to USB speeds. I wanted to plug a portable hard drive in and use it as a NAS drive. I also planned on getting a wifi adaptor for my PC since I would have AC and didn't want a long ethernet cable running from my PC in my bedroom to my router in my living room.

So in practice, how did it all stack up? There were some teething problems in the first month or so. For some explicable reason, I did encounter one problem where it had forgotten all the Plusnet login details and I had to set everything up from scratch again. That hasn’t happened since then. I have a 65mbps broadband connection and I do hit that that speed on most of my AC devices - particularly my PS4 and PC. Bear in mind, my PC is in my bedroom above my living room where the router is and AC signal strength tends to drop off much quicker than N the further away you get. I'm getting full speed though. The only thing I'm kinda worried about is whether or not in the future, I get even faster broadband, how much higher speeds will I get to my PC via AC. I'm using a TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 PCI adaptor for my PC. I have noticed, roughly once a week, the PCI adaptor will fail to connect to my router and I have to reset it but that could be an issue with the adaptor rather than the router - I'm not sure.

Now for the USB hard drive. I have all my movies and TV shows on my hard drive so I can access them all from my TV or my PC whenever I want. The router comes with DLNA support so I can easily access my videos from my TV no problem. There are no streaming issues at all. I have mapped a network drive on my PC to drop files into it. I'm getting slightly over 10mb/s transfer rate which is slightly disappointing - benchmarks put this at around 20mb/s but that was with a ethernet-connected PC - I'm doing it over wifi. So it's okay to transfer the occasional file but for anything more, I'm going to have to disconnect the hard drive and plug it in the PC directly. Netgear also has something called Readycloud which allows you to access your files from anywhere - I can't get that working no matter what I do. It's not a big deal as I don't really need that anyway.

Another situation is that in my other bedroom, I have an Android box with absolutely terrible N Wifi. On my Plusnet router I struggled to even get a signal with it but this box does connect to my Netgear router fine. It's not perfect, speeds aren't great but I can at least watch some youtube videos. A lot of it is down to Netgear's beamforming technology which amplifies the signal towards a device.

So in conclusion, the Netgear router is working fine for me now. It does concern me that it forgot my login details on one occasion but hopefully that was an isolated incident. But it's far better than the Plusnet supplied router. Having AC allows me to have a completely wireless PC and have the same speeds as what I would over ethernet. I also have a NAS-style hard drive for all my media needs. I wouldn't disregard TP-Link's routers though - they're probably just as capable as Netgear and they're a little cheaper. So yes, for anybody still on the old ISP-supplied routers from years ago, this is a good upgrade to get fast AC speeds.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vertical Blind Cord Weight
Vertical Blind Cord Weight
Offered by Blindspares

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 9 July 2017
This review is from: Vertical Blind Cord Weight
Great. Needed a new one for my blinds cord after I accidentally broke the one I had.

Masterplug SRGAUSBPW2 2.1 A USB Charger with Plug Surge Socket - Polished White
Masterplug SRGAUSBPW2 2.1 A USB Charger with Plug Surge Socket - Polished White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but it doesn't charge my dualshock 4 control pad., 9 July 2017
Bought this for my router. Seems to be working fine however I have noticed it will not charge my dualshock 4 controller for my PS4 via usb for some reason. It charges my 3DS, tablet and battery pack but not my PS4 pad. Bear in mind, the USB ports supply 2.1 amps which is shared. For the vast majority of devices, you can have two things charging at the same time. Though an ipad requires a full 2.1 amps to charge effectively.

Belkin E-Series 4 Way/ 4 Plug SurgeStrip Surge Protected Extension Lead, 3 m Cable, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 9 July 2017
Never really been one for surge protectors but I noticed on my surround sound system, the sound would cut off every so often. I just thought it was the home theatre playing up but it was actually a spike in the electricity that was causing the dropouts. Maybe the fridge or some other appliance in my house was causing it but as soon as I added a surge protector, the sound dropouts stopped. It general it just makes sense to have a surge protector on your expensive devices. In the event of a thunder strike, it could cause a massive electricity spike damaging your equipment.

AKG Y50 Portable Foldable On-Ear Headphones Earphones with Detachable Cable and In-line Volume Remote/Microphone - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones but they do hurt my ears after a while., 25 Jun. 2017
I wanted some headphones for when I'm on my PC and this is really the first time I've had any. I couldn't decide between the black or the red ones but thought the red ones looked better and they do. They do feel very premium headphones - the material is very nice and the ear pads are very soft. I'm no audiophile but the sound quality is pretty good. The only downside is the headphones really hurt my ears after about 30 minutes of having them on. Tried positioning them differently and extending the strap but it is always the same effect, unfortunately.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Amir Digital Kitchen Scale, 5000g Electronic Cooking Food Scale with LCD Display for Easter, for Home, Kitchen, Accurate Gram and Slim Design Batteries Included
Offered by AMIR UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales., 25 Jun. 2017
Great scales. My old one was pretty much dying. What I really like on this one is you can reset the weight to zero when you've got something already on it to further add more ingredients.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2017 7:16 AM BST