Profile for C. Wesson > Reviews

Content by C. Wesson

C. Wesson "trying to help" (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
SanDisk Clip Jam 8 GB MP3 Player - Black
SanDisk Clip Jam 8 GB MP3 Player - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nicer in the photos than it reality, and not nice to use., 16 Dec. 2015
Bought someone as a present. I know you get what you pay for but uploading to it is not a good user experience and it looks cheaper than I was expecting too.
Apparently sounds ok but screen is pretty poor too. Not sure it will see much use which is very upsetting.

The Honourable Woman [DVD]
The Honourable Woman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Gyllenhaal

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a watch as far as TV drama goes, 21 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Honourable Woman [DVD] (DVD)
Watched it when it first aired on BBC and could't wait until the next part. Gripping drama.
The low reviews are mainly people complaining about her voice, personally I found it irritating at first but in hindsight I think it adds to the character.
Yes the story has its flaws and to be honest I'm more taken by Sky's dramatic broadcasts of recent years, but this is an excellent drama from the BBC.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2015 1:39 PM GMT

Bravado Escape The Fate Lips Music-And-Film Mens T-Shirt Black Medium
Bravado Escape The Fate Lips Music-And-Film Mens T-Shirt Black Medium
Offered by Blue Banana Alternative Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jan. 2015
Looks great, fits perfectly to size. Delivered promptly. Very happy!

4head Headache & Migraine Relief Stick - 3.6g
4head Headache & Migraine Relief Stick - 3.6g
Offered by Medideals

1.0 out of 5 stars It really works but made me suffer more, 6 Aug. 2013
In simple terms the product claims to numb the pain and I have found that when applied to a forehead ache that is definitely true as is the immediate refreshing tingling sensation. However, everytime I used this product the pain simply reappeared elsewhere, usually around the neck and ears. As many headache sufferers will tell you, this is bad! Quite frankly on each occassion I'd rather I'd have left the headache in its original location at the front of my forehead and just taken some ibuprofen!

Golla Shadow G782 SLR Camera Bag/Case 2010 Range (Small) - Black
Golla Shadow G782 SLR Camera Bag/Case 2010 Range (Small) - Black
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small cameras!, 29 Jun. 2013
I own this bag and have got several years great use out of it.
It fits my Sony NEX-5 plus lens and a few other accessories perfectly snug.

Low-star reviews from SLR owners - why did you buy a small bag? Are you stupid?!

For any compact camera or for NEX-3 or NEX-5 with only 1 lens, this bag is great.
Excellently made, great protection and good fashionable bag to wear.

I now have multiple lenses so unfortunately I'm going to have to swap it for something bigger.

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by TapeCity

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very nice to use, not sturdy enough for how chunky it is., 4 May 2013
I have since bought a far more compact, light weight tripod and my Hama Star 63 nolonger gets used.
This tripod is no more sturdy than my super lightweight one and is bulkier to both carry and use.

My advice is to buy a more compact, lighterweight one for travel or if you want a proper tripod that can always keep the camera still then buy something better than this - this one is too plasticy!

Sony CDR 10 spindle
Sony CDR 10 spindle
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Recordable CDs that work well, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Sony CDR 10 spindle (Accessory)
They work and they sound good enough on my Pioneer car stereo.
No bad discs in my spindle.
I would recommend them.

Toshiba HDDR640E04EW_CS 640GB 2.5" Ext Art White HDD
Toshiba HDDR640E04EW_CS 640GB 2.5" Ext Art White HDD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I want. Would recommend., 4 May 2013
Slightly more noisy than my WD passport drives but functions just as well and is better looking.
I have had this now for a long time and have had no problems with it.

Not sure if there is anything newer now in the marketplace though?

Collins School World Atlas (Collins School Atlas)
Collins School World Atlas (Collins School Atlas)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and one of the best school atlas options in the UK, 4 May 2013
Clear and easy to use atlas. I bought it for a boy starting secondary/senior school. I would recommend it for the 9 to 12 age group.

I make maps as a living and this is the school atlas that I plumped for and am pleased with.

Lake District Visitors' Map
Lake District Visitors' Map
by Geographers A-Z Map Company
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good coverage; poor cartography, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Lake District Visitors' Map (Map)
The best selling map in the Lake District apparently. A good price as ever on Amazon I bought it after a trip to the Lakes because I work in mapping. In terms of the area of the Lake District covered this map has pretty much everywhere a tourist would want to visit and the tourist sites are all clearly marked so for a simple guide of where to go then this one map will do the job.

It is too small a scale if you want to do any walking or easily navigate and explore the smaller roads though.

However the cartographic design is simply awful - horrible colours, horrible clutter, not enough valuable information. If you don't want to stump up for multiple Ordnance Survey maps then take a look at the AA versions where they have recentred and changed the extents of the Ordnance Survey maps to have better coverage of the area.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6