Profile for Mr. J W > Reviews

Content by Mr. J W

Mr. J W "john_w" (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
I Am Ozzy
I Am Ozzy
by Ozzy Osbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - best book I have read in a long time!, 14 Jun. 2017
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Paperback)
What a cracking story! I was literally laughing out loud at various stages through this book... much to my daughter's embarrassment as we lay on a beach in Dubai. It's hard to pick out moments, there are so many. Utterly brilliant, epic stories, very very funny. I have re-read this book already and its just as good the second time.

Have read loads of stories by rockers, most just focus on drugs and sex. This is proper storytelling. Absolutely magic.

A Dark So Deadly
A Dark So Deadly
by Stuart MacBride

3.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite by the author so far...., 14 Jun. 2017
This review is from: A Dark So Deadly (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read all of MacBride's books so far, have to be honest this one has been by far the most difficult to get into. The premise of the story is sound, the characters are interesting, but it just feels overly complex and lengthy. Cutting 100-200 pages out of here would probably have resulted in a cracking story at pace. Sorry to say, but I just didn't enjoy this, it became a bit of a slog at different stages.

KT Tape ProX 15 Patch Pre-Cut Synthetic Kinesiology Tape, Jet Black
KT Tape ProX 15 Patch Pre-Cut Synthetic Kinesiology Tape, Jet Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted - top quality product, 27 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Superb. I was a bit unsure that these would work, but really do around the shoulder area. I like the hard case they come in, definitely impressed. While its one of these products I hope I don't need to buy very often, I would get these again in confidence they do the job very nicely.

Ultratec iPad air 2 Protective Case / Flip Case, Walnut
Ultratec iPad air 2 Protective Case / Flip Case, Walnut

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case.. but pricey, 23 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So this is pretty expensive for a case. I have always tried to weigh up the cost of damage vs. cost of case, but £50 feels too high. The case is excellent, a lovely finish and feels like it will protect against bashes etc. It really is great quality, although annoying it cant be used as a stand.

But fits really well, really impressive case. Worth shopping around though to see if you can get something a bit better priced.

STABILO bl@ck+ Rollerball Pen - Assorted Colours Wallet of 6
STABILO bl@ck+ Rollerball Pen - Assorted Colours Wallet of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 23 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great set of pens. A good range of different colours, feel comfortable to hold while writing - clearly good quality, and have a feel that they will last well. My daughter has already pinched 3 of them for herself, so it would appear they appeal to kids and adults!

Post-it Z-Notes 76x76mm Neon Green Ref R330NAG [Pack of 12]
Post-it Z-Notes 76x76mm Neon Green Ref R330NAG [Pack of 12]

5.0 out of 5 stars Write. Stick., 29 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Never know exactly what to say on a review of Post-it notes. They work?!? But these ones are a nice colour - my daughter has already nabbed most of the packs for her desk. Success.

Ultrasport Women Fiona Fiona Winter Parka, Black , XS
Ultrasport Women Fiona Fiona Winter Parka, Black , XS

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, really impressed, 22 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Superb jacket, absolutely delighted. This is a serious notch up in quality and waterproofing from 'outdoor' coats you would get in anywhere other than dedicated outdoor shops.
Really nice quality material, super-warm in terms of the lining, and serious waterproofing. Plenty of pockets and places to keep things while out. This is a perfect coat for big walks, out walking the dog etc.
Just really impressed. If anything just a bit on the big side for a XS.

The Owl Always Hunts at Night: (Munch and Krüger Book 2)
The Owl Always Hunts at Night: (Munch and Krüger Book 2)
by Samuel Bjork

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic follow-up, 2 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just finished this book tonight. Honestly, what a brilliant story, and a fabulous follow-up to 'I'm Travelling Alone'. This story picks up with Munch and his team of police investigators with the intriguing talent of Mia Kruger (her drink choice of Guinness and Jagermeister is itself a story to be told).

So without giving the story away, just a great page-turner of a crime who-dunnit , twist and turn, great characters both within the police team and within the characters they come across during the investigation. I was completely hooked from start to finish. And what a finish - a brilliant turn of events in the last 15-20 pages built this to a brilliant climax.

A great story, loved every page. I will be getting hold of #3 when it surely appears.

What Remains of Me
What Remains of Me
by A L Gaylin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one for me I'm afraid, 29 Dec. 2016
This review is from: What Remains of Me (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In truth I just didn't connect to this story at all. I had just finished a different book which had also used the dual-narrative style set within 2 different time periods - that book worked; I just couldn't get into the style and prose of this one at all.

I also found the characters hard to relate to - i guess the point is that the main character has a load of secrets - but perhaps taken so far as to make the characters somewhat inaccessible. I persevered, but sorry this just wasn't for me - I need for of an emotional pull to really get into a book like this.

Ultratec smartphone hybrid protective cover / shell with coloured TPU edge for Samsung Galaxy S7, incl. zip pocket, transparent/green

3.0 out of 5 stars Does a job, 29 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not really a lot to say about this - its a plastic case that surrounds the phone. Nothing special - just a half-decent protector

Fits the phone well

The bonus is the plastic wallet that comes with the phone - this will do for taking the phone out on my bike.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20