Profile for E. Armstrong > Reviews

Content by E. Armstrong

E. Armstrong "bookworm" (North East England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Boutique Heart Jewellery Hanging - perfect for necklaces and bracelet's
Boutique Heart Jewellery Hanging - perfect for necklaces and bracelet's
Offered by Chaise Longue Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 May 2017
Excellent jewellery hanger. Good quality heavy and looks good very satisfied with my purchase

Jewellery Holder Wall Hooks "Jewels" for Necklaces Chrome-Plated Metal, 20 x 4 x 12 cm
Offered by Mrs. Belvedere's Beautiful Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 April 2017
Excellent product - looks good and is very strong easy to fix on wall.

The Ballroom
The Ballroom

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tale, 14 Dec. 2016
This review is from: The Ballroom (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book for a long time that had me crying at the end. A truly fascinating tale with many aspects which are an accurate picture of a past time. I loved the writing which made pictures in my head at every new scene. Truly a great read.

A Quiet Life
A Quiet Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid read, 2 Oct. 2016
This review is from: A Quiet Life (Kindle Edition)
I was intrigued right from the start of this book and it continued to keep my interest all the way through- I was a little disappointed in the ending, it was too abrupt and did not give a clue as to what will happen next. This may be good for most people but I'm afraid I like a good solid happy ending -hence the 4 instead of 5 stars.

In a Land of Paper Gods
In a Land of Paper Gods

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, 29 Aug. 2016
I really enjoyed this book though slightly disappointed in the ending. It follows the lives of the children of missionaries in a school in China. It brings to life the Christian mindset of the children and their teachers in a country which was changing dramatically,and their eventual internment in a camp where they endured deprivation and brutality. The heroine is a child who has grown through her childhood and into puberty under extremely difficult circumstances which cause her to eventually question her belief in God. A thought provoking book and one unlike any I have read before.

To the Bright Edge of the World
To the Bright Edge of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 25 Aug. 2016
This is a truly remarkable book, beautifully written and such a pleasure to read. It has the feel of a classic and one of the most interesting formats- a series of letters following the experiences of an army colonel during his progress through the uncharted territory of Alaska. His wife is a keen bird photographer , an unusual hobby for an army wife at that time and the time she spends working with her camera whilst waiting for the return of her beloved husband. It is a mixture of the everyday with adventure heartbreak and mystery. A must read adventure story.

We Are All Made of Molecules
We Are All Made of Molecules

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen read, 13 Aug. 2016
I enjoyed this book as a light read but really think it is a perfect teen book, happy ending and all that. The geek makes good, fair sprinkling of bullying, pathos and happiness. If you are a sixteen year old girl you will love it!

Ketchup Clouds
Ketchup Clouds

4.0 out of 5 stars Teenage Heartbreak, 11 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Ketchup Clouds (Kindle Edition)
I love this author, she is so easy to read , her writing is lively and her use of words amazing. The story is interesting but not brilliant, a good book to take on holiday. I enjoyed it( but not hugely happy with the ending!!)

My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece
My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable story, 3 Aug. 2016
I just loved this book - funny and sad it had me laughing and crying in equal measure. Read it - you will love it I am sure. I rarely give 5 stars to a book but this book deserves it in full measure!

Lies We Tell Ourselves: Shortlisted for the 2016 Carnegie Medal
Lies We Tell Ourselves: Shortlisted for the 2016 Carnegie Medal

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking history of segregation in the USA, 31 July 2016
I very rarely give a book 5 stars but this book deserves it. I started it with little enthusiasm but was soon drawn in to this unusual story about segregation in 60s America. I am old enough to remember the actual TV reports about the terrible violence when black teenagers were allowed into white schools for the first time. This book really brings home the horror of what those first black students went through to establish their rights to an education in a whites only school. Both the black and white characters are skilfully drawn and the plot surprising. I thoroughly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9