Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mr. William M. Davies > Reviews

Content by Mr. William M....

Mr. William M. Davies "joro550" (Wales)

Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Offered by BLUE BIRD 247

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I have ever had, 5 Feb. 2012
I am begging you, if you are considering buying this phone, don't.

It has the WORST battery life ever (around 5 hours, yes I'm being serious, I have never seen it last longer than this, even with eveything turned off and clearing the ram every 5 seconds becasue things keep turning them selves on in the background). The keyboard (while texting) glitches not letting you type for long periods of time (the longest I've seen it do this is about 5 - 10 minutes, yes that's right once I was typing, the keyboard flashed blue and it was glitching for a whole ten minutes flicking from upper case to lower case letter and typing.

I have also experianced problems when reciving text messages, I text my friends and family quite often as I live away in university and I they text me saying "Why haven't you text back in the last 3 hours?" when I've had no text from them, and when I go home to visit they show me the time and date it was sent (I still not recived this text) and this is an often occurence (it wouldn't be to bad if it happened once a month but it happens once an hour?).

All in all it is the worst phone I have ever bought, I urge you, actually beg of you DO NOT SUPPORT THIS PHONE.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2012 5:46 PM GMT

Komputerbay (1X 4GB) 4GB DDR2 667MHz PC2-5300 PC2-5400 DDR2 667 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory
Offered by KOMPUTERBAY-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the complaint?, 19 Jan. 2012
I have a Packard Bell Xmedia and wanted to improve the RAM because of some slow performance issues, I ordered this RAM, it came, on time, in good packaging, opened it, plugged it in, it worked.

I have seen some improvement but I think the only reason I haven't seen huge performance improvement is because i basically went from 3GB to 4GB, besides from that, where's the complaint?

Programming Mutliplayer FPS Direct X (Game Development Series)
Programming Mutliplayer FPS Direct X (Game Development Series)
by Vaughan Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Read and enjoyed the book, 9 Mar. 2011
This book is quite good, I would say that I would recommend it only for a few minor hiccups, one is that it uses a lot of scripts and doesn't show you how to hard code the stuff in, okay this might be okay but it isn't professional, it also uses quite a few cheats by using invisible zones in the 3Ds max editor, okay I don't know much about the game making process and this might be how they do it but I don't know it just doesn't feel like the right way to do it.

And to kind of reject what the other critic says this does not teach how to make an iterative game, okay it uses a .lib instead of building one .exe but .libs are only used at compile time, so it would you would still have to release a new .exe every time you think of adding a new feature (the way to get around this is to create a .dll which included at run time). I tried to get code examples for the DirectPlay for months and couldn't find anything but I would say that this is a good introduction into how it should look I guess, I dove straight into sockets, I lost myself pretty quickly and implementing sockets in this engine is awkward at best because you can't send structs through a socket only string messages.

As I said this is an okay book but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who is jut starting out, maybe for someone who has a firm grasp on the C++ and some DX code, but then you might be disappointing by the lack of code coding as I was.