Profile for cathy hill > Reviews

cathy hill

Child 44
Child 44

2.0 out of 5 stars Too disturbing to read., 15 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Child 44 (Kindle Edition)
I found that although well written, the content of this book was so disturbing that I could not finish it. It graphically describes murder and torture in every chapter. Perhaps it ends well, but I will never know. It was compelling, and a story well told, but although I am sure it was based on truth, not something I would chose to read.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece!, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
This book, which is about a rare and beautiful thing, is also one itself. It compares to the great books of our time, with extravagant description and finely observed humanity. I would recommend it to anyone who is able to immerse themselves in literature and be transported into another life.

My Dear I Wanted To Tell You
My Dear I Wanted To Tell You

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 8 Dec. 2013
Having read many mediocre books on my kindle, I was pleasantly surprised to find this book. It was just really well written, almost poetic, prose. It had a story that kept me reading and I couldn't predict the ending. The historical detail and the harsh descriptions of the reality of the war added to, and supported, the stories of the main characters. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys classic literature. Best book of the year by far!

Forget Me Not
Forget Me Not

2.0 out of 5 stars No story, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Forget Me Not (Kindle Edition)
Started we'll, easy style of writing. Could forgive the poor English and spelling. Could not forgive the lack of any depth or story worth mentioning. Too much information about their sex lives and very little else! One of the very few books I have not finished reading.