Profile for John B > Reviews

Hozelock Jet Gun
Hozelock Jet Gun
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the design of this model because the jet, 2 July 2015
This is the third one of these I`ve bought over a number of years. It`s not that they`re fragile. The first two got damaged through my own fault.
I like the design of this model because the jet, spray, power and volume are infinitely variable. Although "Hozelock" are nationally known, I can`t seem to find this particular model in retail outlets and garden centres.

Silicone Grease Tub 30ml
Silicone Grease Tub 30ml
Offered by The Shower Doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars It`s easy to open, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Silicone Grease Tub 30ml
What can I say? It came on estimate, properly packed. It`s easy to open, easy to apply, nice and slippery, does the job!
I find, when lubricating small or awkward parts, it`s convenient to apply using an artists small, soft paint brush.

Agralan Pheromone Plum Fruit Moth Trap
Agralan Pheromone Plum Fruit Moth Trap
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered promptly and easy to set up, 22 May 2015
Delivered promptly and easy to set up. The last Fruit Moth Trap I bought lasted for three seasons, its very sturdy even though it doesn`t look it. I just left it tied up as firmly as poss in the tree and bought the pheromone refills each year. Each year a fair number of Codlin moths were caught over the five week life of each pheromone refill. Very satisfactory.

Epson Perfection V370 Photo 4800 dpi scanner with ReadyScan LED technology - slides, film and negatives
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars The results have usually been pretty rubbish. I received the Epson Perfection V370 very ..., 22 May 2015
I have hundreds upon hundreds of 35mm colour slides, mostly Kodak with cardboard frames, dating back to 1964 when I was serving in HM Forces in the Middle East. For some time I have wished to digitise them and have tried various bits of kit over the years to do so. The results have usually been pretty rubbish. I received the Epson Perfection V370 very promptly and properly packed.
It was pretty simple to set up, in spite of quite poor basic "instructions". The cd loaded with no problem (beware of a couple of little boxes offering "bloatware" which you need to untick!). Take your time working out which way up/round to fit the slide/negative holder to the glass plate, (the diagrams inside the lid help here) cos it`s very frustrating if you get it wrong.
Anyway, I loaded some 35mm colour slides from 1964 and set off. I am really pleased with the results. I`m sure the professionals among you would be able to find fault, but to my amateur eye they look fine on my pc and tv. Also, I`ve printed a couple onto glossy photographic paper and am happy with the results. Including loading and unloading the slide holder, I reckon it takes about 6 minutes for a set of four slides. The actual scan seems to take about one minute per slide
Loading four slides at a time, it`s going to take quite a time to get through all the slides, but what`s the rush? Ideal job for wet summer days and
grey winter ones. I`m pleased with this device and look forward to gaining some cupboard space when the slides are finished with!

PT Silly Curtain Beads Sparkling Transparent
PT Silly Curtain Beads Sparkling Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars The one inside is still as good as new, 21 May 2015
I bought two of these curtains in April 2010. One to go outside my back door in summer (removed in winter) and one to go indoors to replace a door to the pantry. The one inside is still as good as new. The one which has hung outside the back door every summer since April 2010 finally gave up the ghost when I tried to hang it up again this May, 2015.The beads are still fine, just slightly discoloured, a slight amber tint but still transparent and sparkling. It`s the plastic beam into which the bead strings are fitted which has collapsed and broken up. Ultra violet damage of course. Now, you could say that the beam should be made of UPVC. That`s not a complaint, merely an observation. I remain impressed by this curtain, which has lived outside, day and night, through storms, gales and sunshine, from the start of May to the end of Sept for five years. It`s also been very effective in keeping the insects out too! That`s why I`ve bought another two!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2015 9:59 AM BST

Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner
Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars has a nice tone and has good battery life, 18 Feb. 2015
I bought this radio in July 2014 and it was delivered on time and was properly packed. It has performed well, has a nice tone and has good battery life. I like it, but I`ve knocked a star off because no mains lead/4.5dc adaptor came with it. Presumably to keep the price down. I`d much prefer to have a `Sony` approved lead/adapter supplied with the radio rather than troll around the shops hoping to find one that might, or might not, be suitable. Even if the radio cost a little bit more.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Whose idea of `XL` is this?, 18 Feb. 2015
I have had this robe for a while now. I ordered a size XL and was somewhat disappointed at the supplier`s idea of what size` XL` should be. `Nearly XL`, or `L and a bit` would be more accurate. However, I decided to keep it. The fabric is comfortable to the skin, it`s light and easy to pack, but it didn`t take very long to start going out of shape. The `Long Sleeves` are a fair way up my forearms and the `Past knee high - for extra comfort` is now somewhat above my knees. And no, it hasn`t been boiled to death in a washing machine!
Still, it was only £12.99....and you get what you pay for, don`t you.

PowerPlanet VW-VBG260, VW-VBG260E-K, VW-VBG260E9K Panasonic High Capacity Compatible Camcorder 2 Year Warranty Battery with Battery Life Chip - Panasonic HDC-SD9, HDC-SD9D, HDC-SD20, HDC-SD100, HDC-SD200, HDC-SD300, HDC-SD600, HDC-SD700
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars filming and playback were fine. I can easily live with a little protruding ..., 18 Feb. 2015
The battery arrived from Power Planet on estimated date and was packed neatly in a bubble pack envelope of a suitable size.
Having charged it up, I fitted it to my Panasonic HDC-SD100 camcorder. The time remaining etc was correctly displayed in the viewfinder.
It does protrude just a little bit more than the original 1250 mAh battery but it`s not a problem using the electronic viewfinder, which I prefer. Zooming, filming and playback were fine.I can easily live with a little protruding from a battery when it gives almost double the filming time.

Etekcity® Universal Dual 6dBi Band Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster USB Adapter 802.11 B/N/G 300Mbps Wifi Network Adapter with Omni-Directional Dual Antenna Removable

4.0 out of 5 stars Wandering antennae., 18 Feb. 2015
I`ve had this device for some time now and have used it in the UK and on the continent with my fairly elderly wireless Dell laptop. I have compared results both with and without the Etekcity Antenna (in the same locations) and I have no doubt that the Etekcity antenna gives improved Wi-Fi range.
The antenna is easily broken down and is easy to pack in your bag, It`s not perfect though. The two clip on antennae feel sturdy enough and they "click" into the main body ok. Unfortunately, and irritatingly, after some use they seem to enjoy flopping to one side or the other from where you position them! But perhaps I`m being a bit picky.

Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Long Sleeved Shirt -Pebble, X-Large
Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Long Sleeved Shirt -Pebble, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered a size XL and received a size XL!, 18 Feb. 2015
A very speedy response from Amazon. The shirt is good too. I ordered size XL and it feels very comfortable. It`s nice to order a size XL which really is a size XL when it arrives and not a fabric saving `almost` size XL. Herself says it looks smart too, so we`re all happy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10