Profile for John B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner
Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars has a nice tone and has good battery life, 18 Feb. 2015
I bought this radio in July 2014 and it was delivered on time and was properly packed. It has performed well, has a nice tone and has good battery life. I like it, but I`ve knocked a star off because no mains lead/4.5dc adaptor came with it. Presumably to keep the price down. I`d much prefer to have a `Sony` approved lead/adapter supplied with the radio rather than troll around the shops hoping to find one that might, or might not, be suitable. Even if the radio cost a little bit more.

Mens/Gentlemens Nightwear/Sleepwear Long Sleeve Cotton Jersey Kimono Wrap/Bath Robe, Navy X Large
Offered by one-stop-eshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Whose idea of `XL` is this?, 18 Feb. 2015
I have had this robe for a while now. I ordered a size XL and was somewhat disappointed at the supplier`s idea of what size` XL` should be. `Nearly XL`, or `L and a bit` would be more accurate. However, I decided to keep it. The fabric is comfortable to the skin, it`s light and easy to pack, but it didn`t take very long to start going out of shape. The `Long Sleeves` are a fair way up my forearms and the `Past knee high - for extra comfort` is now somewhat above my knees. And no, it hasn`t been boiled to death in a washing machine!
Still, it was only £12.99....and you get what you pay for, don`t you.

PowerPlanet VW-VBG260, VW-VBG260E-K, VW-VBG260E9K Panasonic High Capacity Compatible Camcorder 2 Year Warranty Battery with Battery Life Chip - Panasonic HDC-SD9, HDC-SD9D, HDC-SD20, HDC-SD100, HDC-SD200, HDC-SD300, HDC-SD600, HDC-SD700
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars filming and playback were fine. I can easily live with a little protruding ..., 18 Feb. 2015
The battery arrived from Power Planet on estimated date and was packed neatly in a bubble pack envelope of a suitable size.
Having charged it up, I fitted it to my Panasonic HDC-SD100 camcorder. The time remaining etc was correctly displayed in the viewfinder.
It does protrude just a little bit more than the original 1250 mAh battery but it`s not a problem using the electronic viewfinder, which I prefer. Zooming, filming and playback were fine.I can easily live with a little protruding from a battery when it gives almost double the filming time.

Etekcity® Universal Dual 6dBi Band Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster USB Adapter 802.11 B/N/G 300Mbps Wifi Network Adapter with Omni-Directional Dual Antenna Removable

4.0 out of 5 stars Wandering antennae., 18 Feb. 2015
I`ve had this device for some time now and have used it in the UK and on the continent with my fairly elderly wireless Dell laptop. I have compared results both with and without the Etekcity Antenna (in the same locations) and I have no doubt that the Etekcity antenna gives improved Wi-Fi range.
The antenna is easily broken down and is easy to pack in your bag, It`s not perfect though. The two clip on antennae feel sturdy enough and they "click" into the main body ok. Unfortunately, and irritatingly, after some use they seem to enjoy flopping to one side or the other from where you position them! But perhaps I`m being a bit picky.

Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Long Sleeved Shirt -Pebble, X-Large
Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Long Sleeved Shirt -Pebble, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered a size XL and received a size XL!, 18 Feb. 2015
A very speedy response from Amazon. The shirt is good too. I ordered size XL and it feels very comfortable. It`s nice to order a size XL which really is a size XL when it arrives and not a fabric saving `almost` size XL. Herself says it looks smart too, so we`re all happy!

Tisserand Tea Tree + Deep Cleansing Skin Wash
Tisserand Tea Tree + Deep Cleansing Skin Wash

5.0 out of 5 stars I have Rosacea, which is irritating in more ways ..., 6 Feb. 2015
I have Rosacea, which is irritating in more ways than one. I have been using Tisserand Tea Tree Skin Wash all over my body for some years now and find it helps to keep my skin and scalp clean without irritating it. I also use Tisserand tablet soap for the same reason. The Skin Wash is very economical to use. Two "pumps" generally produces more than enough product to cover my whole head and neck in lots of pleasant feeling, cleansing foam.
JohnB

RTA 30-Bottle Ready-to-Assemble Wine Rack - Natural Pine / Galvanised Steel
RTA 30-Bottle Ready-to-Assemble Wine Rack - Natural Pine / Galvanised Steel
Offered by Cheerful Bargains Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Don`t try to rush it!, 6 Oct. 2014
A single instruction sheet comes with this ready to assemble Rack. When you start assembling the rack it looks and feels a bit rubbish, very wobbly, bendy and impossible to complete. Wrong. I would agree that it`s a bit fiddly to assemble, but when you`ve finished it feels pretty solid and rigid. Use the supplied plastic wall plugs (2) and screws (2) to fix it to something solid and it`s fine.
My advice is to lay the bits and pieces out, look at them carefully (especially the flat metal bars) to see how they slot together before you start. I started by assembling the corner units and sides first, which gave a reasonably (but not entirely!) rigid frame to start with.
Ensure that when you start tapping the slotted flat bars across each other and the into slots in the ends of the wooden dowels, you have the bar slots the right way up, or it gets horribly frustrating. Also, make sure you`re on a firm flat floor or workbench when you start hammering (gently).
Be patient! You`ll probably feel like hurling the whole thing out of the window when you`re half way through, but stick with it, don`t rush and you`ll probably do it in about an hour or so. (I had to partially disassemble mine at one stage cos I got careless!)
I think each person will find their own way of assembling these racks.
I don`t regret buying two of these, I think they`re a fair price.

Páramo Men's Maui II Cargo Trek/Travel Trousers - Dark Grey, Large
Páramo Men's Maui II Cargo Trek/Travel Trousers - Dark Grey, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service., 21 May 2014
Bought these trousers to wear somewhere hot and to be light, easy to pack, wear, wash and dry.
They were delivered very quickly, ahead of estimate, nicely packed and easy to open.
I note already that they are light and easy to pack into a small space.
I`m a six footer with a 40 inch waist and usually buy XL size. Encouraged by other previewers saying that these trousers are generously cut, I ordered size L. The fit is snug but not tight, I think XL would have been a bit loose. Leg length is 80cm (31.5 inches) and is just right.
I`ve been wearing them for a few days to break them in, they remain comfortable though they do sound a bit "rustley" at first. That rustle seems to be diminishing. I`m going to hand wash them in the next few days to see how they dry and turn out.
However, I already like them so much I`ve ordered a second pair. One to wear and one to wash.
John B
PS. She Who Must Be Obeyed says they make my bum look smaller..........bonus!

One (1) X Duracell 362 SR721SW Silver Oxide Watch Battery 1.55v Blister Packed
One (1) X Duracell 362 SR721SW Silver Oxide Watch Battery 1.55v Blister Packed
Offered by Beaky Trading (UK VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars My fault!, 21 May 2014
I ordered this battery through Amazon and it came impressively quickly. It was neatly packed and had an excellent shelf life remaining.
It really was a nice little battery. It`s just a shame I ordered the wrong type. Stupid boy!
Still, "It`s an ill wind..." as they say. It wasn`t wasted cos I gave it to my pal who needed one.

Two (2) x Duracell 186 AG12 LR43 L1142 Alkaline Battery 1.5v Blister Packed - Used in Cameras, Toys, Calculators, Torches, Watches, Laser Pointers, and many other applications.
Offered by Talk Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value Duracell LR43, 21 May 2014
Duracell are a really good batteries, I`ve been using them for years at work and at home. In my experience, they really do outlast the others. However, sometimes when you buy them on line you end up with items which are almost at the end of their shelf life ("best before" date). Not in this case. Amazon`s response time was ,as usual, very prompt and the batteries have excellent shelf life. Two good batteries for less than the price of one bought locally, can`t fault it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10