Profile for Naujoks > Reviews

Content by Naujoks

Naujoks "Xyzzy" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
be quiet! BK018 - Be Quiet BK018 Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler
be quiet! BK018 - Be Quiet BK018 Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks amazing and has a high quality feel, 20 Feb. 2015
Extremely quiet, can't hear it in my almost fanless system at idle. Idle temp: around 29 degrees, Load: around 65.
Looks amazing and has a high quality feel.
Had to take out my 1150 mobo, despite the cutout on the the case, but it just covered two holes. Not the fan's fault though.
Very happy.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (PC)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (PC)
Offered by Turbotrance

2.0 out of 5 stars It's the most mind numbingly BORING experience I had since, 12 Nov. 2014
Admittedly I'm only interested in the solo campaign.
It's the most mind numbingly BORING experience I had since... the last CoD.
It seems some five year old idea of what creates excitement.
No liberty of what to do or how to achieve the objectives, stupid quick time button pressing ('yellow "PRESS SPACE" on white background. What? Missed it! You're dead. Try again.).
Graphics look exactly like the first CoD. They were good then. Not now.
Complete waste of time and money. At least the campaign is short.
Two stars, because I'm giving the multiplayer the benefit of doubt. Otherwise 1 star.

Samsung U28D590D 28 inch Ultra HDMI Monitor
Samsung U28D590D 28 inch Ultra HDMI Monitor
Offered by Schwanthaler Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture quality, 1 Jun. 2014
Technically, I have no issues with this monitor:
No dead pixels, no backlight bleed.
Yes, it is a TN panel and thus suffers a bit from colour shift, but as I always sit directly in front of the monitor it's not a problem for me.
Colours look great, very crisp and sharp text, as you would hope and expect.
MacOS 10.9.3 looks and scales best, but with Windows 8.1 and Chrome set at 150% magnification I have no problems with it either.
With Displayport cable at 60Hz - out of the box - nice!
I was positively surprised that with my Geforce 780 GTX many older games that I haven't played yet actually run at full details and full resolution: Skyrim, Hitman... And even Watch Dogs runs at around 21-40 FPS, so not that far off from being playable. One day I'll stick another 780 GTX in my PC.
All in all, a very nice monitor, and I'm happy with the price too. Now I'm waiting for a BIGGER version to come out (have downgraded from a 30" Dell).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 11:25 PM BST

Bosch Power Silence Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hoover ever, 14 May 2014
After chucking out the disaster that was my previous hoover (V*x) that lasted just under a year I'm delighted to have found this hoover.
It's clear that a great deal of though has gone into it.
It really is very quiet - but of course you can still hear it.
I read a review complaining that it doesn't suck as much as others, but when the carpet actually gets sucked up by it, how strong do I want it to be?
Best of all is how easy it is to empty though - just lift out the bowl and open the lid. Done. There's only one filter to clean every now and then, and you do it by twisting the handle. You will never have to touch any dust yourself, unlike my previous hoover which had numerous filters and you had to disassemble the whole thing.
I can see how some people might find it heavy, but if you're able bodied there won't be a problem.
Full marks.

Qi Org Fairtrade Loose Jasmin Tea 100g
Qi Org Fairtrade Loose Jasmin Tea 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful flavour, 13 May 2014
Being new to jasmin tea I initially used way too much to brew it.
Now I've learned that you only need a small pinch to brew a whole mug, and you still get an intense green tea/jasmin flavour.
Beautiful product, and rare to find loose leaf.

Rajah Cassia Bark 50g
Rajah Cassia Bark 50g
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Rajah Cassia Bark 50g (Misc.)
Very nice flavour, seems to be a high quality product which has lifted my recipes.Would recommend to anyone to buy.

50g | DRIED FENUGREEK LEAVES **FREE UK POST** DRY FENUGREEK LEAF METHI KASTOORI KASTURI METHI
Offered by falconsuperstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 May 2014

adidas Originals Mens Dragon Trainers G50922 Bluebird/White/Metallic Gold 10 UK, 44.5 EU
Offered by Web-sport

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovley shoes, 13 May 2014
Nice shoes, and people said they like them and how nice they go with my... eyes?
They have this annoying support at the back that digs straight into your Achilles tendon though, shaving my skin off. So band aids now until we got used to each other. Therefore 4 stars.

Sony Xperia Z2 5.2 inch SIM-free Smartphone UK Stock - Black - Discontinued by manufacturer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 13 May 2014
I've come from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which was a great phone but I didn't like the plasticy feel of it.
The design of the Z2 is great, and I appreciate the slightly bigger screen, compared to the Z/Z1.
The waterproof design means I can be relaxed about being out in the rain with the phone, and it protects me from accidents involving liquids.
Sadly I'm not happy with the camera: It has the same issue I had with the Z1 phone, and there is serious lens distortion, particular on close by things, which gives straight horizontal lines a noticeable bump. Also pictures lack far more detail and look more pixely, despite the 20MB sensor. From what I hear it might be that only some devices suffer that problem. I'm loathe to send in my device though, last time it took a whole month for Sony to return my phone.
Other than that though it's all I want from a phone, I like the UI very much, and most importantly, the battery life is really exceptional.
Would have been 5 stars, but due to the camera only 4.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 5:01 PM BST

Sony Xperia Z2 10.1 inch Tablet (Black) - (Qualcomm 2.3GHz, 3GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Google Android 4.4)
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Android tablet, 11 April 2014
I'm coming from the first gen Xperia Tablet Z, and while I didn't really need to upgrade as the tablet was and still is very nice, I fancied doing it just for fun anyway.
Sony managed to make it look and feel much more of a quality item than before, with more metal visible on the sides and a less plasticy touch. You can notice the thinness but even more so just how light they made it. The screen seems to be improved and I can feel the speed improvement when browsing through a PDF, for a example.
As it's waterproof, like it's earlier brother, I can use it to watch BBC news as the tablet sits on the side of my bathtub.
Best Android tablet in looks and performance, hands down.
Edit 1: Forgot to mention that Sony finally answered my prayers and got rid of that silly shatter proof film over the screen, as on the original xperia tablet. Now the screen surface is glass, as it should be.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 11:02 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3