Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for H. Stoker > Reviews

Content by H. Stoker

H. Stoker (Hants, UK)

Mini DP to VGA, Rankie Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt Port Compatible) MiniDP to VGA Male to Female Adapter - R1132
Offered by Rankie-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, 20 Jun. 2016
As described, did what it says on the tin and I now have a second screen for my Macbook Air (needs this and I also bought a Belkin F2N028b05M Pro Series VGA Monitor Replacement 5 m Cable) …. Job done!

Plemo 14-Inch Laptop Sleeve Case Waterproof Canvas Fabric Bag for MacBook Air / Laptops / Notebook, Yellow
Offered by PLEMO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy., 30 May 2016
A robust case with soft lining. I bought this in the 14 inch and it fits my 13 inch iPad air complete with its hard shell covering. Very pleased.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Villeroy and Boch Mariefleur De Basic 0.35 Litre Mug
Villeroy and Boch Mariefleur De Basic 0.35 Litre Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Mug ..., 30 May 2016
A lovely mug with a beautiful design. It would have been given 5* but for the design of the base. It can be easy to knock and spill because the base is not flat.

Anker® TC940 Ultra-Thin Keyboard Cover for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - Smart Cover and Built-in 800mAh Lithium Battery
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 3 Mar. 2016
Brilliant, turns my ipad into a small laptop, just what I was looking for.

Belkin QODE FastFit Slim Bluetooth Keyboard Cover Case with Autowake for iPad 2, 3 and 4 Retina
Offered by E Supplier

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Little Keyboard, 26 Aug. 2014
Brilliant little keyboard, love it.

Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
Offered by Top Products

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
Broke within a couple of weeks. Husband chucked it he was so frustrated ... didn't even bother to return. I guess you get what you pay for.

Gym Master 2 in 1 Elliptical Exercise Bike & Cross Trainer in Black (CR-8.2DHA)
Gym Master 2 in 1 Elliptical Exercise Bike & Cross Trainer in Black (CR-8.2DHA)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase ... good value for money., 12 May 2012
We purchased this last weekend and it was delivered on the Wednesday (following a Bank Holiday Monday). It took my 18 year old daughter and me (Mum) about 90 mins to assemble. The instructions were a bit difficult to follow at times, but if you look at the bits and pieces logically then it's pretty easy to work out how to piece it together. Some bits are pre-assembled (the struts that the peddles go on and the attached 'uprights') but it didn't take long to work this out.
Once assembled we found that the resistance needed to be adjusted via the strap just above the front 'wheel', pretty easy to do.
Only 4 stars as we can't work out how to attach the little bits of wiring to the front panel, some of the wires seem a bit short to make the connections - but not a truly necessary part of the set-up for us.
Has been used by the whole family and agree bits are a bit plasticy, and it can be a bit squeaky on occasions (when Dad is using it), but we're prepared to put up with this given the price!
On the whole, good value for money.

ClimaxDigital DTV330 TV DVB-T USB 2.0 Tuner/Receiver/ Adapter/Dongle/Stick Freeview with Aerial, Remote Control for PC and Laptop (supports XP / Vista 32bit/64bit/Windows 7 32bit/64bit)
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bit of Kit, 21 Jan. 2011
Just completed an easy install for my daughter on her laptop (eventually).
Note - I was misled by the fact that, just before the channel scan, it looked as though I was getting no signal through from the aerial and I uninstalled everything - as I thought I'd had problems with the install. Second time through I had the same 'problem' but decided to push ahead regardless.
Success - found out the signal only registers when it finds the stations during the scan - so not like a WiFi signal register.
Highly recommended - this means we now don't have to buy a new TV for the daughter and she has a TV record facility too. Haven't experimented with the radio and TV options yet .. have that fun another evening!
Only 4 stars as the remote doesn't seem to work, hopefully only needs a new battery.

Wii Fit with  Balance Board  (Wii) [Nintendo Wii]
Wii Fit with Balance Board (Wii) [Nintendo Wii]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 5 May 2008
I am really pleased with my Wii Fit board, both my daughter and I fight for time on it.
I can happily work out for an hour without feeling as though it's a chore, and the exercises are aided by the on screen humour (I laughed out loud when my 'rounded' Wii person appeared after my weight had been recorded for the first time).

I would definately recommend this as a painless way to exercise and lose weight, whilst also toning the body. Just make sure you a little time warming and stretching - as you will feel it in the muscles!

Good luck!!

The Mousehole Cat
The Mousehole Cat
Dvd ~ Siān Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Animation of the Children's Book, 26 Nov. 2007
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
We gave away our Mousehole Cat video when we moved to America a while ago. Re-reading the book the other evening we decided that, even though our daughter is now 14, the beautiful way this film is made - animating the wonderful illustrations from the book, made it worth purchasing for our collection and for the neighbours children to watch.
This does not disappoint, and (call us softies) we tend to 'fill up' every time when Old Tom and Mowzer sail home with their catch ... ending with a feast of morgy-broth and star-gazy pie.

This is a beautifully written tale, wonderfully animated and well worth the purchase price.