Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Emma1616 > Reviews

Content by Emma1616

Emma1616

Canon EOS Digital Rebel Digital Field Guide
Canon EOS Digital Rebel Digital Field Guide
by Charlotte K. Lowrie

5.0 out of 5 stars I call this 'the bible'!, 6 Sept. 2010
This book was so much better than the manual. Nicely illustrated to demonstrate the point. Once I got it I never opened the manufacturers manual again. All I know about my Rebel XT I know from this book! It's well layed out with clear headings and simple language (no jargon here!). I'd highly recommend it.

Prayers to Know by Heart
Prayers to Know by Heart
by Lois Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful little book, 6 Sept. 2010
Both my children (age 7 and 4) love this book. It's a wonderful size to bring to mass or church and beautifully illustrated. A very colourful book of short, simple prayers for children. Highly recommended

The Complete Raw Workflow Guide: How to get the most from your raw images in Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom, Photoshop, and Elements
by Philip Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit text heavy, 6 Sept. 2010
When I bought this book I was new to photographing in RAW and found this book perhaps a bit advanced for what I needed. I've probably just flicked through the 350 pages once as it's like studying for a university degree when reading it!! Perhaps I should have gone for something less detailed...

Dear God . . .
Dear God . . .
by Max Lucado

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this book, 6 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Dear God . . . (Hardcover)
Both my children (age 7 and 4) adore this book. With beautiful illustrations and simple prayers it's a wonderful introduction to prayer for the children. The little notes inside the envelopes are great also making prayer an enjoyable experience for the children. I'd highly recommend it.

Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
by Claudia Carroll

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for holidays, 6 Sept. 2010
This was my first of Claudia Carroll's to read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brought it on holidays and found I was looking forward to getting another quiet moment when the kids would be building sand castles and I could pick the book up again... Well written - characters well introduced and I didn't have to go flicking back to remember who's who! A great read...
I've bought 'If this is Paradise, I want my money back!' by the same author and look forward to getting into it.