Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for janporter74 > Reviews

Content by janporter74

"janporter74"

A Fete Worse Than Death: A Journey Through an English Summer
A Fete Worse Than Death: A Journey Through an English Summer
by Iain Aitch

5.0 out of 5 stars laughed out loud, 16 Sept. 2003
Although I had really enjoyed the essential Notes From a Small Island I found myself picking holes in that after reading this, which I got as a birthday present. Not one I would have thought of buying but delivers in spades. From the opening shinkicking contest to the finale at Centerparcs I found myself rooting for the author, willing him to have fun and willing it all to go wrong too.
If you like travel writing you should love this. Found him more personable than Tony Hawks style and yet more cuttintg than Bryson without the sneery outsider style he sometimes adopts. The author gets stuck right in to his subjects and had me laughing out loud on several occasions, notably in his time spent with Luftwaffe re-enactors and when watching Cornish types sailing a pasty. I had to go out and buy a pasty after as it made me so hungry. Brilliant!

Gallivant [VHS] [1997]
Gallivant [VHS] [1997]
VHS
Offered by cotswold_books_videos_music

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 16 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Gallivant [VHS] [1997] (VHS Tape)
most beautiful and moving film that I have seen about the English journey. Leaves you wanting to know more but totally makes you want to go round to tea with them to find out what happened next.