Profile for abozo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Qualtex DC33 Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Suction Hose
Qualtex DC33 Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Suction Hose

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended replacement, 10 Jan. 2017
PROS: 1) Perfect fit. 2) Looks good quality. 3) Thinner than original Dyson hose so not 'violently springy' in use.

CONS: Only that as it's thinner than the original, it probably won't last quite as long. But that's fine by me.

Galaxy Note 4 Case - Ringke FUSION ***All New Dust Free Cap & Drop Protection*** [FREE Screen Protector][CRYSTAL VIEW] Premium Crystal Clear Back Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case with Free HD Screen Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Eco/DIY Package
Offered by Ringke_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality design. Very well made. Proved to offer ..., 31 Oct. 2016
Quality design. Very well made. Proved to offer the back/side protection I wanted. Power/volume buttons still work well, unlike a similar case I tried.

After having it fitted for just one day I dropped the 'phone 5ft onto concrete. It landed on a corner. Nothing was damaged. Lucky me.

If I hadn't bought this case I would now be forced to buy a new phone.

Premium Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy by TORRO (Note 4, Black)
Premium Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy by TORRO (Note 4, Black)
Offered by TORRO Cases

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but seems expensive for poor quality plastic, 10 Aug. 2016
Bought for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in February 2016, so this review is written after 6 months of use. I have never dropped the case.

Pros:
1) Good quality leather and stitching - still looks new on the outside
2) Credit card slots and cash holder are OK

Cons:
1) Internal plastic moulding has broken in many places.
2) Magnetic clasp is too weak to hold case shut with more than a couple of cards inserted.
3) Not really a sensible option to replace everyday wallet and phone case.

I've previously had a Spigen leather wallet/case, which fared much better than the Torro. Each time I try to remove the phone from the Torro case (eg. to use phone as sat nav) another chunk of plastic breaks off the case. It should be OK if you intend to insert the phone once and never remove it but the plastic material seems very brittle. Shame really, I thought the plastic moulding was the easy bit to get right.

The Spigen case had a press stud to keep the case closed, which was far more successful than the neater but very weak magnet solution on the Torro. For me, the clasp on the Torro is permanently open unless the case is empty.

The Spigen also softened after a few months of use, which made it more capacious for cards & cash. The Torro has stayed tight and resolute in its limited holding capacity.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it unless you intend to use it to hold only your phone and never remove it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2016 9:10 AM BST

Vaughan Williams, James MacMillan: Oboe Concertos (Winner of the BBC Music Magazine Premiere Award 2016)

5.0 out of 5 stars A sublime serving of British music, 19 April 2016
This has been one of my favourite music purchases of the year, though I purchased it elsewhere as a 24/88.2 download, which sounds stunning on a good HiFi.

The very approachable Vaughan Williams concerto is the highlight on first listening. I've always thought of the first movement as a beautiful development of his Lark Ascending theme, twenty years on. Nicholas Daniel treats the whole concerto with all of the respect and emotion that it so fully deserves. It's clear that he knows this music like the back of his hand. This is the best performance of this work that I have ever heard.

I am not qualified to review James MacMillan's music but suffice to say that after many listens I keep coming back to these superb works. I enjoy the rhythm and complexity as much as the emotion that this interesting modern composer describes in this music. Listen to the oboe concerto's Largo - just incredible emotion to raise the hairs on your neck. Again, Nicholas Daniel's performance of this seemingly-impossible-to-play music is incredible.

My only slight gripe about this release would be the companion Britten piece. Maybe it's just not my cuppa but to me it seems frivolous after what has gone before, though I do enjoy the final movement. Even though there is an obvious pastoral theme running through all of this music, I could have happily ended on the MacMillan. And that is how I usually listen to it.

Highly recommended music and performances, coupled with excellent recording quality.

Unwins Herb Kitchen Garden Seed Kit
Unwins Herb Kitchen Garden Seed Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough compost, 26 Mar. 2015
Similar to other reviewers, despite the pots being small, I had to go out and buy more compost, which sort of defeats the concept of an all-in-one kit.

But the seeds have germinated well and after three weeks, it's all looking good.

I think it's cheaper and possibly more effective to buy mature plants (£1 each from the supermarket) and a plastic watering tray, so long as you use BabyBio herb to feed the mature plants, The ones from the supermarket don't last long unless you fertilize them.

I suppose as a gift this is fun, but it's a little disappointing.

Samsung EB595675LU Battery for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (Non-Retail Packaging)
Samsung EB595675LU Battery for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (Non-Retail Packaging)
Offered by RS Traders

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing, 13 Mar. 2015
Bought to replace original battery for >2 year old Note 2.

This new battery lasts well over a day with intensive phone usage.

I can't notice any difference from the original battery, which leads me to believe that this really is a genuine Samsung battery.

PortaPow Crystal 4 Port USB Travel Charger with Interchangeable Plug
PortaPow Crystal 4 Port USB Travel Charger with Interchangeable Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, 23 Jan. 2015
Pros:
- Fast charging for tablets and phones
- Convenience of charging up to 4 devices simultaneously in one place
- Combined with separately available coloured USB cables, easy to tell which device is charging
- Travel adapters could be useful for some
- Very quiet

Cons:
- Charging LEDs could be considered intrusive at night, though no problem for me

I've bought one of these before so I knew that they are very good.

Only oddity with my new one is that my tablet tells me that it is charging slowly if use the dedicated iPad outlet, but if I use any of the others, I get no notification of slow charge and my tablet charges quickly. Unfortunately I am not able to compare with the older one but I'm sure it worked the opposite way, as would be expected. (EDIT: See PortaPow's comments below for an explanation, which in summary is that the iPad output is designed specifically for iPads, not other tablets.)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2015 1:02 PM GMT

Ring Cyba-Lite Sprint LED Headlamp
Ring Cyba-Lite Sprint LED Headlamp

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, works well, not quite bright enough for me, 23 Nov. 2014
Bought for running to work and back across rough ground, in the dark.

Bright enough in complete darkness, but not in dusk/dawn.

Stays on my head quite well and adjusts up and down well.

Good for the price but I think I will keep looking for a brighter one.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles- clear/black
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles- clear/black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, fit and value, 23 Nov. 2014
Great for lots of lengths. Comfortable, seal well, no leaks, clear vision. Best I've had so far. Recommended.

Dexshell Coolvent Lite Waterproof & Breathable Socks (Large UK 9-11)
Dexshell Coolvent Lite Waterproof & Breathable Socks (Large UK 9-11)
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet running shoes. Dry feet., 10 Nov. 2014
Bought for running four miles to work and then home again, daily, mostly through long, usually wet grass.

I ordered a size Large and the fit my UK shoe size 9 feet well. I suspect the guide (Large UK 9-11) is spot on.

They feel a little strange when putting them on for the first time, but that was forgotten immediately when I put on my running shoes. Perhaps they are a little long for running, but they can be folded down easily.

My shoes get soaking wet very quickly on my runs across the common (long wet grass). My feet now stay completely dry and comfy.

For me it's a perfect solution and I will be ordering more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6