Profile for Mrs. Sheenagh Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sheenagh ...

Mrs. Sheenagh Jones "night owl" (Manchester England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TSI 82312 Set of 12 Large Children and Birthday Gift Bags with Rope Handle & Tag 4 Designs  , Large, HxWxD 12,6x10,3x5,4 inch
TSI 82312 Set of 12 Large Children and Birthday Gift Bags with Rope Handle & Tag 4 Designs , Large, HxWxD 12,6x10,3x5,4 inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 July 2016
The product was described as "prime" but took three days to arrive.The gift bags are lovely and bright and excellent quality. The reason I have given three stars is because I run a playgroup and the bags featured appeared to be six bags suitable for girls and six bags suitable for boys. When the bags arrived (I ordered two pack)75% were girlie bags and not 3 of each of four designs. Unfortunately as they only arrived yesterday andf the end of term party is in two days we will have to make do and luckily our children are three years old so hopefully the boys won't mind the pink fairy castles! I t disappointing though as product not as we expected and product details suggest.

The Penguin Lessons
The Penguin Lessons
by Tom Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars Penguin equivalent of Paddington bear!!, 2 July 2016
This review is from: The Penguin Lessons (Paperback)
What a wonderful feel good book! My husband and I have just been on a cruise. My husband read this book first. It was a quick easy read. He finished the book and insisted I read it. So glad I did. Basically the author rescues a penguin from an oil slick. He ends up smuggling the Penguin back to his place of work, a boarding school in Argentina. It's a true story and it's the penguin equivalent of Paddington bear. Beautifully told and a true story.

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Book club read, 27 May 2015
Loved the book. Took me a while to get into it.then could not put it down. I liked the character Alex and enjoyed seeing him grow up and the close relationship between him and Mr Peterson. It made me laugh and it also made me cry.

The Letter
The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy read!!, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
Easy read. Bit far fetched! Touched on few emotive subjects like domestic violence. Would recommend. Bit like the film philomena

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 23 Mar. 2014
I am a nurse and neurosurgery was my first ward as a student. I later did theatre and one of our neurosurgeons threw a large spanner at me .....because he was cross!! This was the late 70s. I got sent to humane theatre where the anaesthetist and gynaecologist urged me to press charges!! After reading the book I understand now why neurosurgeons get so cross! Henry Marsh comes across as a very caring and compassionate man. His patients were his first priority. I couldn't put the book down.

Perfect Strangers
Perfect Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller coaster!!, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Perfect Strangers (Kindle Edition)
Far fetched but easy reading! Chick lit thriller. Page turner with quite a few twists!! Certainly good beach read. Read it and enjoy!!

Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller
Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!!, 15 Jan. 2013
I love reading but lately have struggled getting into a book and then not finishing it. I came across this book randomly. What a read! I couldn't put it down!! It was a really good story and and I was kept guessing right to the end! I kept thinking about Madeleine McCann and wondering if her mother had read thus book.

Womens Nude High Heel Round Toe Shoes
Womens Nude High Heel Round Toe Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars shoes to die for!!!, 3 Sept. 2011
Absolutely gorgeous shoes!! Unfortunately too small. I read reviews that said shoes are big. As I am a six and a half and there were no half sizes....I ordered a six instead of a seven. My 19 year old daughter is a five and a half.....and thought she had died and gone to heaven as they fitted her perfectly!! Very quick delivery and really good value.

Party Time by Sekonda 4304.27 'Cloud' Ladies White Fashion Watch
Party Time by Sekonda 4304.27 'Cloud' Ladies White Fashion Watch
Offered by Mayfair Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars really lovely, 9 July 2010
I treated myself to this watch. I am useless with watches so didn't want to spend a lot. The biggest problem was deciding which colour to buy.......I love them all! I decided on the white as thought it would go with all my summer clothes. It came today and I am really pleased. It is robust but really pretty and has a nice clear face. I agree with a previous reviewer that the plastic strap looks a bit tacky........but when watch is on wrist it doesn't stand out as a plastic strap and it looks an expensive watch. I want the black one next! It also comes in nice presentation box so would make lovely present.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 11:07 AM BST

Foursome
Foursome
by Jane Fallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy holiday read, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Foursome (Paperback)
I have read Jane Fallon's other books and enjoyed them. I loved this book. It is a bit predictable......a few hairy moments and a few twists but everything works out. It is easy to read and funny and poignant. If you hate chic lit don't bother but it is more up market than the normal soppy stuff. I really enjoyed it and look forward to escaping with her next book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3