Profile for Mrs. Sheenagh Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sheenagh ...

Mrs. Sheenagh Jones "night owl" (Manchester England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 16 Jan. 2017
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Paperback)
An easy quick read. A few twists in the tale. I enjoyed it.

Behind Closed Doors
Behind Closed Doors
by B A Paris

3.0 out of 5 stars Far fetched!, 16 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Behind Closed Doors (Paperback)
I initially got into this book quickly but then found the subject matter too painful to carry on. The impending torture of a Down's syndrome girl made me stop reading. I ended up reading the last two chapters and did enjoy the twist in the end. A friend later filled me in with the bits I had missed. Was upsetting and far fetched.

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller series)
by Angela Marsons

4.0 out of 5 stars Book club recommendation, 16 Jan. 2017
I read this as a book club read. It's not a book I would have chosen. The subject matter was not very nice (girls from a children's home murdered few years previously). The detective (Kim Stone) had been in care as a child and was determined to solve the crime. I liked her character. There were a few twists and the end completely different to what I had guessed. I would definitely recommend. The author written it so it is very easy read. I have only given it four stars as I didn't like the gory bits! Will definitely readcthe next book in the series.

TSI 82312 gift bags Fairy Tale, Pack of 12, size: large (12,5 x 10 x 5,5 inch)
TSI 82312 gift bags Fairy Tale, Pack of 12, size: large (12,5 x 10 x 5,5 inch)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 July 2016
The product was described as "prime" but took three days to arrive.The gift bags are lovely and bright and excellent quality. The reason I have given three stars is because I run a playgroup and the bags featured appeared to be six bags suitable for girls and six bags suitable for boys. When the bags arrived (I ordered two pack)75% were girlie bags and not 3 of each of four designs. Unfortunately as they only arrived yesterday andf the end of term party is in two days we will have to make do and luckily our children are three years old so hopefully the boys won't mind the pink fairy castles! I t disappointing though as product not as we expected and product details suggest.

The Penguin Lessons
The Penguin Lessons
by Tom Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars Penguin equivalent of Paddington bear!!, 2 July 2016
This review is from: The Penguin Lessons (Paperback)
What a wonderful feel good book! My husband and I have just been on a cruise. My husband read this book first. It was a quick easy read. He finished the book and insisted I read it. So glad I did. Basically the author rescues a penguin from an oil slick. He ends up smuggling the Penguin back to his place of work, a boarding school in Argentina. It's a true story and it's the penguin equivalent of Paddington bear. Beautifully told and a true story.

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Book club read, 27 May 2015
Loved the book. Took me a while to get into it.then could not put it down. I liked the character Alex and enjoyed seeing him grow up and the close relationship between him and Mr Peterson. It made me laugh and it also made me cry.

The Letter
The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy read!!, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
Easy read. Bit far fetched! Touched on few emotive subjects like domestic violence. Would recommend. Bit like the film philomena

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 23 Mar. 2014
I am a nurse and neurosurgery was my first ward as a student. I later did theatre and one of our neurosurgeons threw a large spanner at me .....because he was cross!! This was the late 70s. I got sent to humane theatre where the anaesthetist and gynaecologist urged me to press charges!! After reading the book I understand now why neurosurgeons get so cross! Henry Marsh comes across as a very caring and compassionate man. His patients were his first priority. I couldn't put the book down.

Perfect Strangers
Perfect Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller coaster!!, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Perfect Strangers (Kindle Edition)
Far fetched but easy reading! Chick lit thriller. Page turner with quite a few twists!! Certainly good beach read. Read it and enjoy!!

Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller
Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!!, 15 Jan. 2013
I love reading but lately have struggled getting into a book and then not finishing it. I came across this book randomly. What a read! I couldn't put it down!! It was a really good story and and I was kept guessing right to the end! I kept thinking about Madeleine McCann and wondering if her mother had read thus book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3