Profile for Phil > Reviews

Phil (UK)

Woodware Craft Collection Huge Lever Punch - Square
Woodware Craft Collection Huge Lever Punch - Square
Offered by Frau Green

3.0 out of 5 stars A good solid punch but doesn't punch 3.5" squares, 7 Jan. 2014
I actually bought this item because I needed a punch to create 3.5" squares for drawing Zentangles.
Sadly the squares produced are not 3.5" to a side. They might be 3.5" diagonally as I'd estimate the squares are 2.5" to a side.

The seller didn't mis-represent the item as it wasn't clear what the 3.5" measurement applied to and I assumed it was each side of the punched squares.

As for quality - the punch is easy to use and creates squares with cleanly cut sides. I can't for the life of me think of a use for 2.5" squares but if I can, this will be my go-to tool for the job!

Delonghi EC250.B Pump Espresso Machine
Delonghi EC250.B Pump Espresso Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially leaked (I had to fix that) but makes lovely coffee, 29 Nov. 2013
I'm really disappointed as this machine made lovely coffee at first.

Sadly, within three months of buying it, the machine now leaks all over the counter it sits upon.

Delonghi's response was pretty much that they don't care and that the machine needs descaling (in 3 months when my kettle is completely free of limescale).

I would recommend that you avoid all Delonghi's products as their customer service stinks.

I know I won't be buying anything else with their name on it.

***** UPDATE : March 2015 *****

An update to my initial review above -

Some time back I figured out that the leak was caused by a poor quality seal around the water-tank where it sits in the machine. I used my hot glue gun to add a ring of glue around the original seal and let it cool. It's now made a lovely rubber seal that has prevented any further water leaks.

In spite of the water tank leaking issues, the machine is still producing lovely coffee and excellent steamed milk (the steam nozzle produces a pretty good pressure for foaming milk) so I have to be honest - it's a pretty good machine now!

In light of this, I increased my review score from 1 star to 4 stars.

The Art of Urban Sketching: Drawing On Location Around The World
The Art of Urban Sketching: Drawing On Location Around The World
by Gabriel Campanario

5.0 out of 5 stars So much to look at! If you love art, get this book!, 5 April 2013
I just received this book in the mail this morning and I was amazed how captivating it is to browse through. The diverse range of styles, media and subjects is inspiring! The wide number of different works inside are such that there are some that I dont care for but many that I love!

Every page is filled with the sketches of artists around the world, from loose gestural line drawings to finely detailed illustrations. It seems almost every medium is represented (and detailed in boxouts for each artist).

I got this book to encourage me to start sketching and it's done exactly that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 10:15 PM BST