Profile for Elizabeth Gowers > Reviews

Clarks Tustin Sahara, Women's Ankle Strap Sandals
Clarks Tustin Sahara, Women's Ankle Strap Sandals
Price: £25.00 - £50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Narrow but nice, 24 July 2016
I chose these sandals because they are not sling backs which I have a problem keeping up. I sized up by a half size but recommend that you size up by a whole size if you have a width fitting of E upwards. They are narrow. The description gives an explanation for all Clarks width fittings, but no indication of what you are going to get and no option to select so it was a bit of a punt. They are however an attractive, quality sandal - particularly at the discounted price. I love the choice of colours.

Mood Furniture HEATPROOF Oval Gateleg Drop Leaf Table - Warm Oak Finish - Folds for Easy Storage - Small Space Dining - Folding Gate Leg Table from Ireland - Quality Construction - 32x79cm Closed - 117x79cm Open - Solid Wood Frame - Tufftop Heat Resistant Surface - Seats Up To 6 People - 5 Year Guarantee - Free Collected Returns - CL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little table, 7 April 2016
Exactly as described,and I'm so happy with it. I had been a little concerned that the top (treated to be heatproof and wipeable) would look unnatural,but it doesn't. It's tough enough for the kitchen and smart enough for the dining room. This table is very well made and the company should be proud of their product.
It came exceedingly well packaged and took me quite a while to get into it and then I was amused to find a leaflet advising what to do if damage occurred in transit. No chance! There were welters of packing material but mostly all recyclable ,and I am grateful to receive such a well protected table.
This table will seat six people but very cosily. Two would have to be on the small side. Another issue that I had neglected to consider was how chairs would fit under it if I keep a leaf up, and they have to stand away from the table somewhat because of the gateleg design. I would have liked the stay for the table leg to be more centrally placed. I'm still giving it 5 stars though.

Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop
Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for floors, 3 April 2016
For floors this steam cleaner is brilliant, particularly if you purchase the Vax coral cleaning pads to use with it. However the handheld part is not as effective as the tools that came with my now defunct steam cleaner that had a flexible hose and extension poles with cleaner heads to fit on. The tools that come with the Vax are just OK. In handheld mode there is just not enough steamy oomph to be really effective. However, my floors are sparkling.

Hartleys Natural Seagrass Under Bed Storage Box
Hartleys Natural Seagrass Under Bed Storage Box
Offered by SDE Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful under bed storage solution, 3 April 2016
Oh, I like these. They are just the right size to go under my bedstead and improve the appearance of the bed area now that all the things under there are stored neatly away. I keep shoes in mine and plan to buy more for bedding. They do smell strongly of sea grass when first put out but the smell is not unpleasant and soon fades.

JAY-BE J-Bed Single Folding Bed with Memory Foam Mattress, Aluminium Frame and Exclusive J-Lok

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bed with hard mattress., 3 April 2016
Yes, it's a sturdy, well made and easily moved bed, but it's by no means as comfortable as the reviews suggest. The high density foam mattress is unlike any memory foam I've come across and is just plain hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. I'm imagining the guests everywhere saying politely through gritted teeth that they have had a comfortable night, thank you and longing to get home. I had to fold up spare duvets to try and soften the sleeping surface and in the end swiped a double memory foam topper from another bed, folded it in half, padded the gap with pillows and got a comfortable night.
I'm beginning to wonder if I have the right mattress so I shall ring Jay-Be and check and update this review afterwards.
Update - I have rung Jay-be and had a most helpful and positive response.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 4:18 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 10 Feb. 2016
Thin tape which tears easily and splits. So much time wasted trying to find the end or peel it back to get a whole width of tape when it split. Now I have 6 rolls of rubbish tape.

Camisole Vest Shapewear Tummy Slimming Bodyshaper Medium Firm Control
Camisole Vest Shapewear Tummy Slimming Bodyshaper Medium Firm Control
Offered by Simply Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars However I gave it a go and got it on and it's very comfortable. It does what it claims and is a ..., 24 July 2015
This review is from: Camisole Vest (Apparel)
When I unpacked it I didn't think there was a hope of me fitting inside it. It looked tiny! However I gave it a go and got it on and it's very comfortable. It does what it claims and is a much less expensive option than a torsette and as effective. It comes well down to lower hip level and, what's more, stays down. No rolling up. I'd been afraid of the dreaded mono boob look, but no. It encourages a shapely line.
I'd recommend stepping in and gently but firmly encouraging it upwards,otherwise - like me - you may fear garrotting yourself. Sizing up may work too. I'm a 16/18 and I ordered an XL. I'll probably order more if it washes well. I'll let you know.

Black & White Mint Stripey Liquorice - 227g (half pound))
Black & White Mint Stripey Liquorice - 227g (half pound))

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable but not adorable, 18 May 2015
I love liquorice and mint in combination and these are the best I've recently found. The liquorice is softer than some I've been buying locally. I liked them but I didn't love them. I used to like those square ones until they reduced the liquorice from 3 to 2 layers and made them predominantly mint layer. These are quite thin strips. At least the photo is accurate. Bring back mint and liquorice allsorts I say.

Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness & Energy - Jessica Smith - Region 0 Worldwide
Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness & Energy - Jessica Smith - Region 0 Worldwide
Offered by Online4DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, friendly and fun, 25 Jan. 2015
I'm not new to home walking exercise (I'm a great fan of it) , but this is the first DVD I've tried by Jessica and I love it. It's a very well organised and extremely well led DVD. The warm up and cool down are separate sessions and very effective. I found that I didn't ache so much afterwards despite doing both walk sessions which - for me in my sixties - I found energetic.
Jessica Smith is motivating and encouraging in a friendly and fun way. A mother and daughter duo work with her. The daughter does the work out using the full moves and the mother does it in a modified way while Jessica takes the middle way. It's easy to follow in a manner that suits you, and the hour and 10 minutes that the full routines take seems to go by quickly. They do them outside in the sunshine too in what looks like a beach location which is a clever mood lifter. What with that and the endorphins flying from the exercise prepare to feel good.

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Wind Up 60 Minute Timer
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Wind Up 60 Minute Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail, 9 Jan. 2015
I've had two and both failed very quickly in different ways. One had a dial that stopped short and therefore didn't ring and the other
ticked away valiantly but still didn't ring. I didn't buy from Amazon but from a local shop and one was a replacement for the other faulty item. I gave up and bought a digital one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5