Profile for G. Thompson > Reviews

Content by G. Thompson

G. Thompson "guyt79" (London,UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Xperia Z5 Compact Screen Protector, PThink® Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z5 Compact (Not for Z5) with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (Sony Xperia Z5 Compact)
Offered by PThink UK Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work!, 19 Sept. 2016
It didn't work...the protector stuck fast one side of the screen and didn't stick at all on the other!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2016 2:43 AM BST

Love to dream Swaddle Blanket Swaddling Blanket Swaddle Up 6-8,5 kg - White
Love to dream Swaddle Blanket Swaddling Blanket Swaddle Up 6-8,5 kg - White
Offered by Baby Lurve

1.0 out of 5 stars Its just too small!, 17 Mar. 2016
In theory this would be a great idea.

However we ordered both the medium and large of this item...and neither would fit out 7 week old son (he is just under 6kgs).

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Love to dream Baby Swaddle White Large 8/11kgs
Love to dream Baby Swaddle White Large 8/11kgs
Offered by Baby Lurve

1.0 out of 5 stars Its just too small!, 17 Mar. 2016
In theory this would be a great idea.

However we ordered both the medium and large of this item...and neither would fit out 7 week old son. There isn't enough room for the arms, and it was skin tight against his stomach. Naturally he screamed the moment the zip was done up, and wouldn't settle until we removed the item from his person.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Braun Series 7 799cc-6 Men's Electric Shaver with Clean and Charge Station
Braun Series 7 799cc-6 Men's Electric Shaver with Clean and Charge Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Razor (This coming from a wet-shave enthusiast), 24 July 2015
I have always been a fan of the wet shave and the close-cut effect that you get with that.
However, the time consumed when wet shaving and the fact that you always need to be by a sink and water has meant that I found myself skipping out on shaves in the mornings.
My wife didn’t approve of the ‘hairy bear’ effect – she assures me it was a term of endearment – that would result.
So after much thought I shopped around and found the reviews of the Braun Series 7 799cc to be top notch and thought I’d take a chance.

I’m glad I did – the razor is amazing.

I agree with the comments on here that say it’s not as close as a wet shave. But I don’t agree that this is a negative point of the razor.
No electric razor is going to be as close as dragging a sharp blade directly over the stubble.
So really, if you buy this expecting to get the same cut as your Gillette pro-glide...then you are going to be disappointed.

Don’t let this put you off, as what it will do is give you a cut that will mean smooth skin and no stubble in a quick 5 mins..without messing around with shaving gel/foam and having to clean up all the hairs and foam afterwards.

The battery lasts for a long time on a single charge (1 and a bit weeks of being used every day and the battery still had charge in it)...so it’s perfect for taking on holiday with you.

It does have a cleaning station that is handy for giving it a clean and it does take roughly an hour to charge from flat.

All in all I’d recommend it for anyone considering a new or replacement electric razor!

Savic Habitat Navy Blue Gerbil Cage, 52 x 26 x 52.5 cm
Savic Habitat Navy Blue Gerbil Cage, 52 x 26 x 52.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hamsters that love digging!, 7 Sept. 2014
We had to adapt the ladders slightly and remove thr longest one so we could fit in a wheel but our hamster (a large Syrian) seems to love it and it gives her lots of space to climb...and most importantly when she decides to go digging in the same dust...the said saw dust doesn't end up on our living room floor!
Comes with a plastic tube that we have part buried in the saw dust...allowing her to burrow!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames

2.0 out of 5 stars What's with the heavy religious overtones?, 15 Feb. 2014
I have to say that I stopped playing after a few hours due to having religion thrust down my throat!

The graphics are good...the gameplay enjoyable but the story about being a servant from god really really grated at me. I am not religious in anyway and just found it annoying!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 8:31 PM GMT

The Long War: (Long Earth 2) (The Long Earth)
The Long War: (Long Earth 2) (The Long Earth)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, Bitty and Rushed, 9 Aug. 2013
I really enjoyed the first book (The Long Earth) my only criticism with it was the rushed feel to the ending.

Unfortunately this flaw also carried across to this sequel. The book was really really slow to start with, establishing the new characters and catching up with the old ones. Fair enough I thought, always good to establish the key players. But then it just had them do unremarkable things for the majority of the book. I still don't see what the point of the Chinese expedition plot line was...it could have been built into so much more..finding out something scary about the Long Earth or the Wonderchild they had with them causing/discovering something. But no.

The book got really boring at points and only the characters of Lobsang and sister Agnus kept me interested...but were woefully underused.

Yes, I could see the tensions building to the upcoming war...then found that it got resolved in one page of text and with a handshake!
Somehow I doubt the colonial migrants and the Datum government would see eye-to-eye so easily after all the things that had gone on beforehand. It was just a tad unbelievable.

The ending with Joshua and the Beagles felt rushed and a bit of an afterthought. I feel the authors cold have made for an exciting climax and chase, with Joshua stripped of his one remarkable power. Sadly it just stopped abruptly and we got the close-down chapter with everyone at a BBQ sharing stories.
Then to mix it up, in almost an epilogue chapter, the authors throw in a new plot line that can only serve to introduce another book in the series. I felt a bit cheated.

One thing I noticed was the lack of humour in the book. I suspect that Terry Pratchett has had less influence on the text than last time, and the book suffers as a result.

I'd advise people to steer clear.

Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black
Nokia C2-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone 3G - Black
Offered by BLUE BIRD 247

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 20 Mar. 2012
I have serious gripes with this phone:

1) The quality of incoming calls is dreadful...the sound distorts, even on a medium volume. The supplied 'voice clarity' option in the menus does nothing to recitfy this
2) The call volume control is hidden...you need to alter it whilst in the call, but the issue is the up/down controls for this are the main button on the front, that is behind your ear during the call. So you have to take the phone away from your ear as you adjust
3) The text messaging function is 'clunky' and just doesn't feel streamlined
4) The battery charging indicator never indicates a full charge, just charges endlessly.
5) It feels and looks plastic and lightweight

Basically I'm sure there are better phones out there for this price and I'd expect any phone out there to handle calling and texting...but this one struggles to do that!

Avoid!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2015 12:38 PM BST

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly controls, 8 Dec. 2011
I have placed this title on ebay after a good attempt at getting into it.
The problem is that the controls.

The use of the wii remote with wii motion plus is a great idea. But the games wants pin point accuracy, and to be honest, the technology isn't there yet. So often was I making the strokes required of me to beat an enemy and so often did the technology not translated the motions into the game actions.

So it quickly became frustrating...and I stopped playing!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2012 11:07 PM GMT

The King's Speech [Blu-ray] [2010]
The King's Speech [Blu-ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars A Surprisingly Great Film!, 31 May 2011
I have to admit that I didn't really want to see this film when my girlfriend first produced the Blu-Ray one evening. But after I started to watch I was captivated.

I've read a few of the other reviews on here who complain that its slow paced or there aren't any juicey bits of gossip about the King in this film. I, however think they missed the point.
Yes, its a slow burning film, but I wasn't once bored. I mean, if you are looking for a fast action-packed, dramatical soap-fest, then this is not for you.

But if you want to see a good film, with solid performances, and an engaging storyline about one mans struggle against adversity with a happy (but not Hollywood Happy) ending then watch this.

Page: 1 | 2