Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for ortonauta > Reviews

Content by ortonauta

ortonauta

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hi-Tec Men's Para Hiking Shoes - Yellow/Black, 9 UK
Hi-Tec Men's Para Hiking Shoes - Yellow/Black, 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 15 Feb. 2016
You can't beat these boots at this price! Nice quality but heavy!! I tested them in the woods of Sweden, an overnight camping in the woods after a snow fall in about -5 celsius, no problems at all!! I was confortable like with any other boots I have used. It can get hard to hike more than a couple of kilometers, these are not hiking boots and I felt my feet gliding around a little bit, I can imagine this will be a problem if you need to really hike longer distances. It was my impression my feet were a little wetter than usual, the sweat does not seem to evaporate as one should expect from more advanced shoes. I guess I can try with better socks. I used them a lot to get around town and even to go to the gym (before I switch to my training shoes) because they are very easy to put on and take off, I just slide in my feet and ready!! I don't even need to tight the cords every time. The color of these boots will make you very popular! I notice how a lot of people look at my feet! if you don't like all these attention buy them in a different color. I can definitively recommend these boots. For non-technical hikers, average Joe's like me, excellent value for your money!

Hardcase for Huawei Honor 7 - rubberized black - Cover PhoneNatic + protective foils
Offered by PhoneNatic

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this case., 15 Feb. 2016
Perfect fit and easy to put on and take out. Arrived very quickly. Very nice rubberized feel, this is not going to slip from my hand, the Honor 7 is very slippery! Very thin also, it's about 3 mm thicker in all directions, it does not add bulk. I only hope the "rubber" does not rub off like some other cases, I'll update this comment if that is the case. Very happy with this case. It can not be better for this price.

Under Armour Men's Elements Waterproof Beanie - Risky Red/Black/Black, One Size
Under Armour Men's Elements Waterproof Beanie - Risky Red/Black/Black, One Size
Offered by Rugby Heaven

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight., 12 Dec. 2015
The "headband" section fits too tight, it's not elastic at all. Makes it look funny in my big head.

ZULUDIVER® Genuine Leather Watch Strap 2 Piece ZULU Black 22mm
ZULUDIVER® Genuine Leather Watch Strap 2 Piece ZULU Black 22mm
Offered by WatchGecko

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin., 12 Dec. 2015
Too flimsy, thin leather, feels like it's going to break. Leather is not even "oiled". I waxed it with glove wax and it is a little better now. Looks nice though. Too expensive for what really is.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but VERY dull!, 13 Aug. 2014
This is my first tomahawk ever, I'm an avid knife collector though. This is Gerber's top quality material and feels very nice in your hands. not heavy at all, actually it feels very light, since it its my first tomahawk I don't know for sure if this is good or bad when it comes to usage as a demolition tool. It came dull as a butter knife, literally, I don't know if it is supposed to be like this, but first thing I did was to file down the edge and the sharpen to a decent cutting level with a sharpening tool. So if you buy this make sure you know how to do it or know somebody that can help you. Overall, very nice product despite the high price tag.

Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack - Black - One Size
Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack - Black - One Size
Offered by Military 1st

3.0 out of 5 stars Not top quality product., 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack
I bought this from ebay instead because via amazon they did not deliver to my country. I bought it from the same company stated on amazon.uk. I was expecting better materials and craftsmanship for this price. Materials feel rough and poorly finished, as for the quality of the zippers, they feel somehow cheap and not as durable as other packs at this price range. Other than this, it has all the pockets that you might need as described, and the size is adequate for daily commutes to work to a weekend trip with minimal clothes requirements. This is my first Condor product so I have no point of view regarding the brand. I think for the money you can buy better quality materials.

Nite Ize Otterbox 2000 Series Waterproof Box - Black
Nite Ize Otterbox 2000 Series Waterproof Box - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, small pieces tend to break/fall off., 4 Aug. 2013
So I always read about the toughness of the Otterbox products and finally decided to spend the money to protect my phone and some valuables now that is camping season. I ordered this in Yellow so I can see it better and don't lose it, they sent it transparent, but I was ok with it, was not worth the hassle if the product is good, plus you can see what is inside. Shipping was a little expensive. A couple of days later while shopping some miscellaneous camping products in a local and generic (nation wide chain of all you can think off in Sweden) I find the same design and feel plus a better land yard, plus a thin layer of some type of foam on one side which was bright orange and the cover transparent, plus some foam piece already pre-cut in squares so you can decide the shape of the inside. I found it in the fishing section. The shock: 1/3 of the price, same quality. Two big differences: A much better land yard and only one big "clip" to close the box that does not come out, not like the Otterbox that have two and they come out rather easily if you slide them, so eventually they can fall off your hand and lose them in the woods or water. The land yard piece of plastic of the Otterbox is already broken partially, only by hanging it on a hook in my camper. In conclusion I regret expending so much money for a rather cheap poorly designed product. You can find same or better for much less. Now I have two, and I use the "cheap" one which is the better one.

Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size
Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfect, 29 May 2013
In all my helmets, even my daughters who is 2 years old. It's bright and takes virtually no space on your bag or pocket. Recommended.

M-Wave Amsterdam Protect Rain Cover - Black
M-Wave Amsterdam Protect Rain Cover - Black
Offered by Ecoscooter,S.L.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 May 2013
Does not fit perfect my panniers, but it works well, you can fold it very compact so it does not take space. Good value.

Jabra Sport Corded Stereo Headphones - Black/Yellow
Jabra Sport Corded Stereo Headphones - Black/Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so stable on the ears, 29 May 2013
Although you can mold them, they are not so stable and tend to move out of your outer ear canal when biking. Specially if you wear glasses. Walking is perfect, I don't run. The in-line volume function is great, and the possibility of having an extension is great, I often take it off and place my phone in my chest pocket in my jacket so I don't have a long cable twisted all over the place, this is the best feature in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3