Profile for Mr. O Booth > Reviews

Content by Mr. O Booth

Mr. O Booth "fireinspired" (aberdeen, scotland)

Quad Lock Bike Kit for iPhone 5/5s/SE
Quad Lock Bike Kit for iPhone 5/5s/SE

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price for phone screen and cycling safety alone., 8 July 2017
This is a superbly designed phone holder. The patented design is very quick to lock in and feels very secure and the phone case itself feels tough and well built, with an optional weather hood for rainy days which just slips over the main shell. Having a holder on your bike really improves cycling safety and I would recommend it for that reason alone.
At the price you might expect the case itself to fit the phone absolutely perfectly, unfortunately it doesn't quite fit perfectly which means some chargers don't quite fit with the case on. This could be down to the variance in sizes between the iPhone 5 sub-models (I have a 5c) so I am willing to overlook this minor negative.

At ~£50 it is maybe an expensive buy, but if you use your bike a lot, or you need multiple phone holders e.g. in your car, on your bike, on your body and like to switch between them frequently then it is probably worth it; don't forget it costs around £50 to replace a broken iPhone screen and id be very surprised if you managed to break your screen through this case- I am wishing I had bought this the first time I viewed it now.

Ascher Rechargeable LED Bike Lights Set - Headlight Taillight Combinations LED Bicycle Light Set (650mah Lithium Battery, 4 Light Mode Options, 2 USB cables)
Offered by LangeeDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars took me a long while to realise- not a great feature of bike safety lights- poor build quality, 7 July 2017
Realised that the rear view light cuts out every time i hit a bump in the road, took me a long while to realise- not a great feature of bike safety lights- poor build quality.

ZELITE INFINITY Chef Knife 8 inch - Alpha-Royal Series - Best Quality Japanese VG10 Super Steel 67 Layer Damascus - Razor Sharp, Superb Edge Retention, Stain & Corrosion Resistant Chefs Knives
Offered by Zelite-Infinity

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Chef and this is by far, my best knife., 7 July 2017
Having had this knife for just under a year now, I feel I can now give a proper review of it.

First of all, look and feel. It is a beautiful knife to look at and it comes in a nice box which enhances the feeling of specialness (which is always important when opening a new knife) and will also prevent any damage in transport; but when i first picked up this knife, I was delighted, the handle is gorgeous and the weight and balance is perfect in my opinion, it feels like it should cost twice the price.
Now, the edge; Although it wasn't the sharpest I've ever had out the box (this may differ from knife to knife), all it needed was one pass over my steel and it was razor sharp. It was then around 6 months after that before I felt the need to use my stone to re-sharpen it- this is a knife I use for hours every day and I probably sharpen most my other knives around once every month. It definitely has the sharpest edge of any knife I have ever used or owned and I have only had to put it back on my stone once since that first time, although I do regularly hone it on my honing steel (only do this if you know how) which keeps it razor.

I can't recommend this knife enough, when I'm away from it for extended periods, I actually miss it. You would have to spend a lot more money to find a knife of a similar standard, it's a bargain. If this is a little out of your price range or you just aren't sure yet, I would recommend the Victorinox 8" chefs knife in the meantime. You can get for around £25 on amazon, I also own one of these and have had it for 4 years now and everyone should own one. Better still, buy both!

Withnail and I [DVD]
Withnail and I [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard E. Grant
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!, 21 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Withnail and I [DVD] (DVD)
i puchased this dvd about 3 months ago due to a friend recommending it to me as a good laugh. when i watched i found out it was so much more than just a good laugh. It's a hillarious stoyline combined with some great acting from main characters and extras. One of the funniest begginings to a filmive ever seen. All the way through comedy with some of the most quotable lines from a film EVER. Along with the best drunk scene ive ever seen. Endlessly watchable, if you're thinking of buying this film, think no more.

SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs
SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint, 16 Dec. 2004
I've had a playstation for ages and this is by far the most addictive, fun and generally amazing game i've played on. In my opinion it is more entertaining and challenging than all the GTA's. A great feature for this game is the headset (which can be purchased with the game) which really involves you in the action. Even if you do not have the ability to go online and play this it is still a fantastic game which has the potential to emulsify you for months. Like any other challenging game, you are likely to get frustrated at times. But if a games not challenging, it's no fun. Playing online is also great, you can play aginst friends and if you have headsets, hear them moan in annoyance as you thrash them. A must have for any playstation enthusiast.